FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: FONTS FONTS FONTS

True. I was reading a book on it once and I thought Id might have a go at it. Started to doodle for a bit and came up with something I thought was decent. The letters had good consistency, I thought a lot about the flow as if some one were to write it with a pen etc etc etc. Anyways I used to post a lot and lurk on Typophile.com back in the day. Nice site with some quality stuff going through it. Post something there one day that you think is good and they will rip it apart hahaha and it starts to really shine light that theres more to it than just simple letters as some see.

Im more of a script person and I love the flourishes etc. That Semilla is some delectable shit. Although I dont hunt for fonts anymore, I try my best to create what words I need to fit what ever Im doing.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm getting so many fonts It's getting hard to find the ones I'm looking for, unless I know the exact name.

I was hoping there was some method to organizing them.

I noticed some are separated by language in the CS3 font drop down menu.

Is there any way to separate your fonts into folders?

Also is there a better way to scroll through all of them where the example is bigger?

I'm using CS3 on a windows vista OS.

suitcase fusion is amazing if you can find a copy for windows

it allows you to search through your fonts by checking categories they fall into

http://www.extensis.com/en/products/suitcasefusion2/index.jsp

Suitcase-Fusion-2-Lrg.jpg

This shit is exactly what I need and works on windows but for me $99 isn't justifiable.

I'll keep it in mind though if shit gets too out of hand, I got around 500 new fonts I'm about to install.

• 2 weeks later...

If you know how to use a bit torrent client then you would have found the fonts already.

A lot of fonts are available but they are complete shit. 20,000,000 font torrents only yield a few fonts that I would actually use for print work.

If you can't find the fonts by googling " torrent" then give up....find another font.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived