so listen to how screwed this foolish friend of mine is

snowkid

so, this friend of mine, lets call him fred, he's only 15. now i've always known "fred" to be a pretty reasonable young lad, unusually mature for his age perhaps. however i have recently learned of some hot water fred has gotten himself into which has made me wonder how stupid this kid could be.

as it turns out, fred apparently has a long standing habit of going on ebay, using a fake account he created under his mother's name, and bidding on items for fun, that he has no intention or desire to actually purchase. now bear in mind, as idiotic as this little game he has been playing is, up until this point he hasnt actually won any of the auctions he has bid on. notice i said up to this point. as of last week, my little buddy fred bid 2100 dollars for a power book. he won.

now fred doesnt have 2100 dollars. fred is 15. he doesnt have a job. fred lives with his single mom in a small apartment and attends the 8th grade. maybe its 9th as of the other day i'm not sure. but back to the point, fred has NO way of coming up with 2100 dollars. so he decided to ignore the fact that he won this auction. obviously, very soon fred started to recieve emails from the seller of the power book, asking where his money was. actually, demanding to recieve the money. the seller took, understandably, a rather condescending tone in these emails, which apparently annoyed my young acquaitance. the wheels of his young mind set in motion by these pestering correspondences, frank came up with a genious plan for remedying the situation...

he ignored the emails as long as possible. when that didnt work, he replied with 2 word answers such as "stop fronting". as one might expect, the seller did not stop hounding him for the money.

Fred, growing increasingly annoyed but still not understanding the reality of what he'd gotten himself into, gave the seller negative reviews. he posted on several message boards and on ebay that this seller stole his credit card number, sent him damaged goods, and was anti- semetic. thats right, anti- semetic. meanwhile, fred began corresponding via email with the angry seller, pretending to be his mother, who had allegedly just learned of her son's error. "she" tried to work things out with the seller. he wasnt having it. by now, lawsuits were being threatened.

rather than try to explain the rest of the story, i'll post two of the most recent emails fred recieved from the seller of the power book.

---------------------------email 1-------------------------------------

I understand and I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I am a businessman responsible for a business that is my livelihood just as you are a mom responsible for your son. It cost me money to list item, stock the item, restock the item after it was fraudulently purchased and the feedback no matter how long it takes to potentially be removed is already there now. Your son cost me a lot of money and if I don't get it back that's just not right. He cost others money also. Here is where we are so far and there is no getting around it,

1. Your son cost me money which you are trying your hardest to get out of paying, that is internet theft that is covered under IFCC law, 2. He stated in a public forum that I and others stole credit cards and numbers, that's slander and liable and is covered by defamation of character and tort law, 3. I can be compensated for lost wages having to spend unnecessary time and money trying to undo what your son has damaged, I can go on , but I think you get the picture. I am not the type to be unreasonable, but I am a person of principle and I have to insist on being paid for the item that was bought. This is not like you going into a store and buying groceries where you pay before you leave, there is more risk in this business and that's why we are legally covered against fraud such as this. Your son was resourceful enough to defraud people now you need to accept responsibilty and be resourceful and pay for his mistake.

---------------------------------email 2------------------------------------

Send whatever you can until $1,699.00 is satisfied or $400.00 one time which is what I am willing to settle for to cover my attorney consulting fees and money lost on the transaction and I'll call it done. This needs to be paid as soon as possible.

Ok, I will be patient, I will give you until 30 Sep 2004, exactly one month. Payment needs to be made by that date. Let your son know that I am not upset at him nor you I am a businessman trying to protect my interests, this is a risky enough business without fraud coming into play. I forgive him and make sure it never happens again. Remember 30 Sep 2004 payment MUST be made! Thank you for your time and honesty.

so fred has come to a deal with this guy. problem is, he doesnt have this money. he has no way of obtaining this money. and his mother, who he pretended to be in numerous emails, actually has no idea of the potential legal action pending against her in leu (sp?) of the actions of her minor son, of which she also has no idea. of course he has no intentions of telling her either.

fred's fucked. turns out my little friend isnt too smart. not too smart at all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dude why didn't he just get his mom to say that nobody ever logged into Ebay and did that and that she thinks someone has stolen her Ebay info because her password won't work anymore and that she is sorry it happened but that she doesn't know anything about it.

They will say tuff shit because they aren't going to track someone down unless its for a lotttttt of cash. All the computer forensics involved to be able to say it wasn't someone who hacked it like she said would be too costly.

Your friend is a stupid fuck.

What a dumb shit, motherfucker should have just not replied ever. If it's a fake account made with fake contact information what's the point of even dealing with it? Just close the email account and the ebay account and get on with your life.

The seller's being an asshole though, he should have just cancelled your friend's bid and left negative feedback.

Originally posted by test pattern

"stop fronting."

goddamnit, this is fucking gold

"stop fronting."

HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

FUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA

just to repeat this funny shit...:lol:

stop fronting nigguh!

he could

1. dress like his mom and be a hooker

2. hustle the welfare

3. go on myspace, "front" like he has cancer and really need the money

4. kill himself

but he's FUCKED

post a picture of him so all these amazing 12oz photoshopers can do a little something to help this little man out...

i skate with this kid, thats how i know him, just to clarify.

anyway, to the person who said he made the account with fake contact info, unfortunately, he wasnt smart enough to do that. he used real info and then changed it after the guy had already started to complain to him. i'm not sure exactly how it went down but what i posted up there is the essence of what he's told me, and hes showed me those emails. i just cant understand how stupid he could be to bid on things on ebay for fun. he keeps reiterating "i didnt think ebay was such a big deal". he thinks the business owner is being completely irrational and anal about this. ive got to say i sympathize completely with the seller.

[edit]: his real name isnt frank either, for the record.

Archived