Doom III

S@T@N

Originally posted by S@T@N

I always feel stupid telling people that, but it's the truth. Play it with the

lights off, the door shut, and surround sound. You'll shit your pants.

too late man...haha, i dont have the surround sound yet right now..my brother is currently purchasing it right as i type this...

but that shit where you hear the people hitting walls and screaming from other rooms....WIERDS ME THE FUCK OUT!!

this game is too well done for me to play it.....I think this game has actually made me yell out..WELL FUCK THIS SHIT! IM NOT GOING IN THERE!

because i can hear someone screaming and there is blood being splattered on the walls and there is this odd noise comming from that room with is soo dark i cant see....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cramps- HELL YES I KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT. I've been

sitting here playing, and I'll clear out a room but forget one. Like I missed

an Imp and I was picking up some health not paying attention... I turn

to the right and see 2 rows of razor sharp eat-your-face-off teeth of

absolute terror. I yelled OH FUCK and my uncle came in to tell me to

keep it down. hahahahaha.

26monkeysjumpingonthebed- I know that story. Just be patient, I

promise it's worth the wait! If you need a cd key, I can help you out

(single player only, though... I have yet to try the multiplayer and refuse

to be refused access.)

Originally posted by S@T@N

26monkeysjumpingonthebed- I know that story. Just be patient, I

promise it's worth the wait! If you need a cd key, I can help you out

(single player only, though... I have yet to try the multiplayer and refuse

to be refused access.)

I'll be honest, half the reason I keep talking to you is to see how far you'll take bastardizing my handle [homoblock].

You have that reg. code? If you don't want to drop it on here hit the e-mail:

emailaccounter@yahoo.com

Doom 3 is great. I played it at my buddy’s house all last night and this morning. I think we’re getting pretty far. I’m not going to bother you guys with my review, since you already know it’s amazing…but I’ll tell ya, on 5.1 with the lights off – I found myself screaming.

Semi-rehash of a message I sent to someone on Myspace..

I believe the correct phrase is "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

Had a lot of trouble getting this to run proper on my machine, couldn't get past the loading screen last night. I wound up upgrading the ATI's 4.9 Catalyst Beta drivers and totally wiped out all the remains of my previous drivers, including some old NVIDIA crap still hanging around, with Driver Cleaner 3 which enabled the game to work. I was concerned about the black shadows being another video bug for a while. Then I had sound problems which are apparently caused by a bug with the footstep sound loop overlapping on the Audigy 2 card.

Well I updated my sound card drivers and did a few of the tweaks to my config file that I read about in the planetdoom.com forums. Once I got the flashlight, the black shadows revealed textures, I guess it's just Carmack's programming method to cut down on processor stress when he makes the shadows all black.

This game is fucking awesome, just played it for about 3 hours, I'm trying to get into the Alpha Lab right now. This shit is seriously fucking stress and scary, I have to take a breather for a while, go out and see a movie or something. I can't believe how good this game is. I haven't been this freaked out and immersed in a game since I played Half-Life, though I haven't played many other FPS, just the Red Faction games and Unreal 2 (which I stopped playing about half-way through). My heart is jumping out of my chest and I keep cursing in amazement. Gonna try multiplayer pretty soon. This is going to set standards for the next 3 or 4 years, I bet.

Only complaints I have is that on the high quality it is running pretty slow, I just bought my ATI 9800 Pro, guess I should have gone the extra 200 dollars and gotten the X800. When there is a lot of action my frame rate drops to about 10-20 FPS, and coming around corners there is a noticable pause while the textures load. Did some tweaking in the config files and it is a little better, I guess I could drop back down to 800x600 but the game just looks so goddamn nice in the higher resolutions. Curved textures, video screens, advanced moving technology entities. Even the rocks are fucking beautiful. Level editing for this game is gonna be one hell of a learning curve.

Gonna have to ask my doctor for a prescription to valium.

Machine Specs:

P4 2 GHz

1 Gig of RAM

ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB

Audigy 2 Sound Card

Edit: Forgot to mention that my HD is 80 Gigs and I had about 4 gigs free before I installed the game, which may have been part of the issue. I couldn't run a proper defrag so I deleted about 15 gigs worth of files and defragged again over night.

This planetdoom.com forum thread, http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topi...733&tid=1439944, can help you tweak some settings to enhance your frames per second for Doom3, and if anyone is having some trouble running this game there are some suggestions. I highly recommend at least trying the new ATI driver beta and doing some of the memory tweaks in the Doom3 config file that are mentioned in this thread.

Originally posted by fermentor666

This planetdoom.com forum thread, http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/topi...733&tid=1439944, can help you tweak some settings to enhance your frames per second for Doom3, and if anyone is having some trouble running this game there are some suggestions. I highly recommend at least trying the new ATI driver beta and doing some of the memory tweaks in the Doom3 config file that are mentioned in this thread.

I was actually going to mention this thread!..i did what it tells you to do and lets see...the set cache file was like 25 for me so i just bumped it up to 128..MAJOR DIFFERENCES!..it used to slow down while entering rooms in shit now its almost flawless...but its still on low quality..i dont see any differancs in the others..still looks great.

its fucked up though..i have a radion 9600 xt and im able to play farcry on ultra but i have to play this on medium???

this game is tooo...awesom to handle..

any one get to the parts where the character is going insain?..thats creeping me out the most right now.

Haha, I totally forgot about the martianbuddy.com spam mail in the game. Good thing you posted that, now I know I'll be able to open a cabinet once I get into the Alpha Lab.

How awesome was that "Turbo Turkey Puncher 3" machine in the bar at the beginning? Made me laugh pretty hard.

Originally posted by fermentor666

Haha, I totally forgot about the martianbuddy.com spam mail in the game. Good thing you posted that, now I know I'll be able to open a cabinet once I get into the Alpha Lab.

ok well this is almost a spoiler...but the martian buddy thing isnt in alpha labs...its a little bit befor..but youll get this personal dat pad DL form some dude where there is a bunch of e-mails from martianbudy saying he won a cabbenet....thats all...you get a BIG surpize whitch i missed out on..and im hating myself.

Originally posted by GucciCondom

Man I bought this shit and I can't even play it. When I move around its all choppy and shit. Like I'll look left and it wont go directly left it will take a second. Fuck this I'm taking it back.

That's the beauty of it- you can't take it back.

Lower the details a bit, play on a lower resolution.

I said "Will this game work on my computer I have just a regular Dell with Intel video card."

and he says "I don't know about computers really I'm not sure."

I say "Well if I take this home and it doesn't work I can just bring it back here?"

and he said "Yeah just bring it back and pick up a different game if it doesn't work out for you"

Bump---

So who out there is playing right now? I'm such a pussy when it comes

to playing. I go for maybe 20 minutes at a clip and then shut it off...

I gotta take it in small doses or it messes me up! There've been quite

a few jump-outta-my-seat parts, with a lot of cursing and shit.

It is AWESOME.

poroblem

ok i copyed doom 3 today from a guy at work and my copy worked fine

and instaled well and now i have the 1st disk in and it says Insert Doom

3 Disk one now, hit ok to restart app. This is bull shit... anybody got any

ideas what i could do?

man i dont know about this game...i have been really sick latly and...well all i can do is play this game at home...well last night i kinda "took" to mutch robotussin and...this game totally wigged me out.

i couldent close my eyes without seeing gears n shit...the dead and the "darkness" as i called it in my hallucination.

"if one closes its eyes...the darkness comes"

oh yeha...fuck those flying skull things...I HATE THEM!!!

Originally posted by CRAMPS

oh yeha...fuck those flying skull things...I HATE THEM!!!

Lost Souls. They're scary as fuck. Just wait about 3-4 levels.. you get

to see these things that are like top halves of babies with bottom halves

of flies. They fly at you and cry. It's the most fucked up thing I've ever

seen in a video game, and it's even worse when you blow its face off with

a shotgun.

Archived