Homophobic??

El Producto

Originally posted by El Producto

i dont think i do know any gays..but you have to admit, gay people get mis-represented on tv..shows like Queer eye for the straight guy...they make gay people look like complete idiots with no brains...

it must be pretty hard admitting to people that your gay at such a young age...do all of your freinds know???...(im not trying to sound like a prick here, im actually interested)

if this sounds like im asking for personal advice you can all die and go to hell *insert cartman picture*

ok, i stopped reading right here.

listen you fucking moron, "i dont think i know any gays..." i think the term homosexual's would be a better way to say it, by saying "gay's" i feel you kinda alienate them, like there a freak race from another planet. shut your mouth. second, tv does not represent anything, if you truely believe that a single show, with a few "idiots with no brains" can represent a whole lifestyle/(culture, if you may, im not sure if that would be a proper term, enlighten me.) then you indeed are a moron. ----i have typed and erased many examples, and cant think of any that would represent your level of stupidity here---- third, you came on here, asking what other people think of this subject, so expect people to think differently than you, and even give you personal advice, in an earlier post you asked why everyone cares? lets see, because people like you are the leaders of tommorow unfortinatly, people like you, make this world a shitty place to live in. people like you, are too ignorant to understand a damn thing, its not that you CANT change your way of thinking, its that you dont WANT to change it. it's obvious by the way you reply to all this. why dont you take a look around you kid, your not the only one in this world, believe it or not, other people do exist. and they dont exist to make you happy, no matter how you were brought up (obviously wrong) thats not the way things are. im not homosexual, but i have plenty of friends that are, ive always known, but ive never given it any more thought than that, just because they have different views, does not make them less human. i dont like your opinion's and views. should i put a label on you? no, there already is a label, fucking moron. and everyone like you, that "cant" change the way they think, your all morons. go kill yourselves, you disgust me.....

i think im done, i hate this kid already, my macaroni and cheese is getting cold...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nekro

The queer eye guys are, in my opinion, the best representation of gay people in the media today.

I disagree.

I am disappointed in the media's representation of the gay culture.

To most of the straight community the gay culture is seen as all gym bunnies, not a shred of body hair, can dress well and are clean-shaven.

Real life is far from this.

A gay subculture knows as 'bears' have been around for decades. Bears take the typical gay typecast and tear it apart. They're large, furry, and a majority have some kind of facial hair.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that every guy with this description is a furry fornicating creature of the gay culture.

There are some queeny Bears who sing show tunes and enjoy driving their VW Beetle convertibles, but most of the Bear culture are seen as straight acting and looking. These are people you see everyday.

They work in your grocery stores, they teach your classes, they run your computer systems. They're everywhere.

I know becuase I'm part of it.

There you have it.

i dont know how the fuck rage did it, but he just basically summed up my whole post, in less words. i couldnt really think of exactly what i wanted to say, i knew what i meant, but i couldnt put it too words. but....

To most of the straight community the gay culture is seen as all gym bunnies, not a shred of body hair, can dress well and are clean-shaven.

A gay subculture knows as 'bears' have been around for decades. Bears take the typical gay typecast and tear it apart. They're large, furry, and a majority have some kind of facial hair.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that ever guy with this description is a furry fornicating creature of the gay culture.

There are some queeny Bears who sing show tunes and enjoy driving their VW Beetle convertibles, but most of the Bear culture are seen as straight acting and looking. These are people you see everyday.

They work in your grocery stores, they teach your classes, they run your computer systems. They're everywhere.

that...^^^, is exactly what i was tryin to say. thanks rage.

It's not like being gay is all there is to me, I just bring it up when it's relevant.

I feel like I should follow up on what I posted before. Yes, gays are overall wealthier and better educated than the rest of the population. On the other hand gay youth are 92% more likely to feel unsafe at school, twice as likely to attempt suicide, and generally get lower grades than heterosexual youth because some of us feel unsafe at school. As someone who's had the word "fag" hissed in my face in the hallway at school, I can tell you that it still has the power to make someone feel afraid. I don't think it's an appropriate word to use when there are so many other ways to call something or someone dumb.

What boxcars said was true about not knowing any gay people. We're a diverse lot, you never know when you'll find one of us.

Originally posted by -Rage-

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that every guy with this description is a furry fornicating creature of the gay culture.

100% correct.

i shared an apartment with a gay guy for 2 years and let me tell ya, he was more manly than 90% of the straight guys on this site. he had bad hygiene, hardly ever washed his clothes and his room was a bomb site. he was about 6 foot 5, had a beer gut and was german. the only way you could tell he was gay was that he owned a pair of leather pants, and he was soft spoken. that's it

Yo rage, have you read that article by andy sullavin on the bear subculture? It's right here:

http://archive.salon.com/opinion/sullivan/...ears/index.html

I should clarify too, i meant one of the most positive representations of the gay culture.

Haha, great article. I've been to P-town before. Cool place.

I know a lot of people who will be at BearWeek this summer.

Here's a link to a short video about the bear culture:

In The Life

Nekro, I like what you said before about you're being a typical suburban kid, into rap music, skateboard, paint, etc.

I'm the same way. I love hardcore music, snowboard, work as a film projectionist and I've got a bear. I'm not flaboyant, I dress like Chino from the Deftones, I have a deep voice and I don't listen to show tunes.

To each thier own.

To: The World

CC: Homophobes

Don't ever judge a book by it's fucking cover.

Thanks,

-AA-

Haha, great article. I've been to P-town before. Cool place.

I know a lot of people who will be at BearWeek this summer.

Here's a link to a short video about the bear culture:

In The Life

Nekro, I like what you said before about you're being a typical suburban kid, into rap music, skateboard, paint, etc.

I'm the same way. I love hardcore music, snowboard, work as a film projectionist and I've got a bear. I'm not flaboyant, I dress like Chino from the Deftones, I have a deep voice and I don't listen to show tunes.

To each thier own.

To: The World

CC: Homophobes

Don't ever judge a book by it's fucking cover.

Thanks,

-AA-

P-town is a beautiful place, my family would go there every summer to the beaches, and just take in the scenery. A very serene place.

If there are any retards who want to try to gay bash, i suggest you all step up now and let AA teach you a lesson or two. The guy is fucking awesome both online and in person, and my opinion isnt changed knowing he is gay, and wouldn't change over something as petty and childlike as discriminating someone over their sexual views.

sorry if i'm in an incoherent stoner rant phase..

Jesus, I was there in the dead of winter.

What a desolate place. I could only imagine it in it's summer prime.

Yeah during the winter it's not a great place to take anything in. But summertime, amazing. You should make a trip up sometime during the nice weather.

*if and when you do, me and my buddy, fermentor, could give you the tour de boston.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

If there are any retards who want to try to gay bash, i suggest you all step up now and let AA teach you a lesson or two. The guy is fucking awesome both online and in person, and my opinion isnt changed knowing he is gay, and wouldn't change over something as petty and childlike as discriminating someone over their sexual views.

sorry if i'm in an incoherent stoner rant phase..

Thanks for the back up.

I was hoping you'd post Chupa. Knowing that you met me in person, I guess I opened up your mind.

You had no idea prior to hanging out with me in Philly. Now that you do know, I know it doesn't effect you, just as before.

Friends are friends.

You chose your friends. Which ones come and go.

If your choices are made by who you think is gay, bi, trans, what have you, you need to open your eyes.

If you still won't...

Enjoy dying with no friends.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

Yeah during the winter it's not a great place to take anything in. But summertime, amazing. You should make a trip up sometime during the nice weather.

*if and when you do, me and my buddy, fermentor, could give you the tour de boston.

Dude, that would kick ass.

Fermentor is my projectionist buddy. If $360 is around, we should all get together and listen to angry music.

Dude, that would kick ass.

Fermentor is my projectionist buddy. If $360 is around, we should all get together and listen to angry music.

That sounds like a plan. Hit up my email sometime, you should definately come up to Boston, drink some beers, listen to angry heavy metal music, and harass the locals.

whentigersfight88@hotmail.com

on that note, I'm going to bed. goodnight world.

I'm definitely going to check out ptown this summer My friend emily has a house on the cape that she goes to with her parents all summer, so I figure I can hang out with her and check out ptown at the same time.

Thanks for posting that video rage, I've got to learn a bit more about this whole gay thing and that was very informative and well put together.

My mom subscribed me to Out (heh, says something about my family) and it's ridiculous. All these crazy thin people in expensive designer clothing; it's like GQ without the lingere (they have a lot of the same advertisements) and with men in $40 underwear.

My mom subscribed me to Out (heh, says something about my family) and it's ridiculous. All these crazy thin people in expensive designer clothing; it's like GQ without the lingere (they have a lot of the same advertisements) and with men in $40 underwear.

My mom is retarded on the topics of gays.

She automatically assumed I was

A) dating a stalker/pervert/you name it

B) had every STD known to human kind

C) heckled all through High School and college for being gay

D) I needed to see a psychiatrist

E) this way all my life

This shows you how closeted my mom is when it comes to gays.

And she's a FUCKING High School TEACHER.

Talk about dense.

I set her straight (no pun intended). I told her I have been "into bears" since high school. I do not have any deadly STD's. I am safe. I was never seen as gay in high school OR college. I was friends with everyone; no one had the slightest clue.

I told her to fuck off when she said I should see a psychiatrist. Not the best choice of words at the time, but it wasn't easy when she was jumping to conclusions all over the place.

This is what I mean when most people stereotype gays as what they see and hear from their peers and the media.

We are not all perverted. We are not all sex crazed. We're not rabbits for shit's sake.

We're not all thin, with perfect hair and want to wear the latest pair of pre-torn clothes from Abercrombie for more than what I pay for a tank of gas.

So fuck off and grow up.

Get your minds out of the damn gutter.

I need to get some damn sleep.

I'll wake up and see if I've caused WWIII because I gave 12oz a fucking wake up call.

one of the best discussions on the issue for quite some time. my stepbrother is gay, i didnt know until i stayed at his house for a while last year (apparently he told me ages ago but i was drunk and have no recollection). no he is not a flamboyant effemenate fashionista type, he is just himself. the revelation that he was gay changed nothing. look past the sexuality thing, because in reality it is such a small issue.

Originally posted by thecarwreck

One important thing to recognize is the grammatological context of saying, for example, "yo, those thirty-five-inch rims are gay!"... if you're friendly/comfortable/associating with people who are in fact gay, then there's an unspoken understanding that you're essentially down and it's OK to say that (i.e. Seeking, Devilush, et al). However, when it becomes something that infiltrates the general lexicon and spreads to cats who don't (and probably never will) hang out with or even speak to someone who is gay (literally), then that's where the troubles begin.

I disagree, think about how the word gay was originally cultivated in the sense your using it. It seems obvious it was derrived from homophobics calling each other gay as an insult and eventually has gotten to the point where it seems there are two contexts (three if you count gay as in happy).

And that association is still there. It might be in your concious mind that gay people and gay rims are two different things. But beneath the surface your head is associating gayness (as in the sexual preference) and badness together.

Its in the nature of language to make you not realise these associative processes. Like if you see the word "tree" you just think of treeness, you don't think "this word tree is an abitrary symbol which is meant to make me think about those large green plants outside"

So, just so I'm clear. I'm not saying that homo-friendly people who use the word gay as an insult sub-conciously hate gay people and just don't know it. I'm saying that what they fail to realise is that they are perpetuating an ongoing social convention of relating "gayness" to "badness".

I don't know, sometimes I think we're all getting a bit pedantic about this kind of political correctness thing. Then I remember its importance, not politically, but socially. As a member of a different minority group, I can relate to the shitty effects social "othering" or catergorisation (though I don't like that term) has on a person.

If there is a general social idea that what you are is on some level associated with being bad. It can't be good for you. Especially when you consider things like performativity.

Yeah ..

Nah don't worry, at least you're making an effort. I don't think you hate gay people at all, you just are doing what society sort of wants you to do and you don't really know any of us (outside the 'ounce).

Rage that sucks about your mom, glad you fought her ignorance with knowledge.

Random quotes about being gay:

"Not gay as in happy but queer as in fuck you"

"It takes balls to be a fag"

Originally posted by El Producto

i seem to have caused quite a bit of controversy here:o

sorry chaps..like i said...i know i have A LOT of growing up to do...im 15 for fucks sake...at my age i thought it was perfectly normal to think that gay people were your worst enemy

It sounds like my high school experience was a bit like yours. Where not liking homo-sexuality was the status quo. Like seeking said your probably alot less biggeted than you'de like to admit.

I'de seriously suggest sitting down and having a good think about what you really think. Based on your general sense of right and wrong and seperate from what the people around you ae saying. Truth is they are just as confused as you are. And, alot of them will probably grow up to just be ignorant. Mabye generally good spirited. But ignorant. As mean as it is to say there are alot of dim people out there.

Since I've left high school, I've spent lots of time trying to forget half the shit that was ingrained in me there. So yeah, It might help to start early.... or mabye not .. who knows

Edit: Type-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Archived