So I have had this theory..

iloveboxcars

"Today young men on acid realized that all matter is just energy condensed into a slow vibration...there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..."

-Tool, "Third Eye"

I've had the size micro/macrocosm theory before, a long time ago, not on drugs. I've toyed with the variants. They used to be interesting to speculate on, but with hard evidence far from complete, I lost interest. The one thing I can be sure of is that humans are scale-centered, that is to say they look at things in relation to their own size. A whale is big, an ant is small. The universe is really big, an atom is really small. I think this is a fundamental (and forgivable) form of arrogance, and an understanding of the cosmos can't be reached until people can transcend the need for size comparisons. I don't have the training to do more than speculate, so I'm going to leave it to the cosmologists. Who, by the way, are in recent years very long on theories and very short on observable evidence. I would like to see the gap close.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

And you are either going to laugh or .. something else, but here it is..

Keep in mind I haven't completely thought this out.. but I think it might be interesting.. also, prove me completely wrong if possible, please.

Our solar system is just a molecule. Same with other solar systems. All we do is make up a part of a larger molecule, and smaller molecules make us up (and so on and so forth in both directions).

So this would mean we are just some disease, (no, not a matrix reference) slowly breaking down this cell or molecule and then moving on to the next. (space travel).. And if there are aliens they are just mutated forms of us because they needed to adapt to thier new enviroments. (or vice versa of course.)

That's just a quick over view.. if you have any questions I will gladly answer what I think the best I can.

Go ahead and make fun of me for this.. I just needed to get it out of my head.

I'm surprised because I've had that very same theory. Not exact, but very close. We talk about how huge the universe is but how do we know it's huge? In our perspective, yes it is huge. But what makes the human perspective the universal perspective? From the perspective of one microscopic bacteria, I'm sure my backyard seems huge and insurmountable. I never saw us as "diseases" but when I think about it, it kinda makes sense... So yes the "molecule" theory is somewhat reasonable since solar systems form galaxies and galaxies form galaxy clusters which form superclusters and so on... and perhaps the universe is just one small particle that makes up something larger. What does it make up? Who the fuck knows?

Re: Re: So I have had this theory..

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

I never saw us as "diseases" but when I think about it, it kinda makes sense...

Nobody did until the first matrix came out and everybody decided it would be cool to be a computer.

None of it matters anyway because this post and the letters and words within it are a result of a fractal formula like everything else.

Re: Re: Re: So I have had this theory..

Originally posted by GnomeToys

Nobody did until the first matrix came out and everybody decided it would be cool to be a computer.

None of it matters anyway because this post and the letters and words within it are a result of a fractal formula like everything else.

don't give away secrets.

just sit back and say something like,"yeah, the graphisc are neat"

Re: Re: Re: So I have had this theory..

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I knew someone would think that's where I got the disease thing from. Actually I had the idea long before the first Matrix.

questions like these don't do anything but cause people to go insane. i dont know why people bother coming up with theories anymore

like, man, if light from stars that exploded thousands of years ago is just now reaching us making it appear the star is still burning, isn't it like, theoretically possible to like, travel faster than the speed of light far enough away and with a big enough telescope look at the dinosaurs and jesus and shit?

what if our entire lives are just dreams taking place in that 6-10 minutes of brain activity after death?

what if, since the human brain produces substantial amounts of DMT at death, the white lights and tunnels and demons and shit people see aren't really heaven or hell but actually typical DMT hallucinations?

if my beagle has a mole on his face why does it look like a jewel on his jowels?

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

[b

like, man, if light from stars that exploded thousands of years ago is just now reaching us making it appear the star is still burning, isn't it like, theoretically possible to like, travel faster than the speed of light far enough away and with a big enough telescope look at the dinosaurs and jesus and shit?

[/b]

This got me thinking here.... Though we are not beings of light, suppose enough of the reflection of ourselves escaped the atmosphere to be discernable? Probably a better chance with EMF or probably ELF.

Anyways it's wierd ya know how astronaughts in space experience time slowing down. Or how time is distorted by black holes or near planets or whatever. It would seem that there is a direct correlation between time and space. Or maybe more precisely between time and gravity.

Then I got to thinking, well maybe this is because we are weightless in space, wouldn't the bonds and revolutions and interactions between the molecules in our bodies also be weaker and slower? Including the cause of aging with the shortening of telomeres? Going by this logic, would it not be possible to reverse aging by reversing the polarity of gravity? Or it could just cause us to disintegrate.... :D

HAHAHAHahaha..... yeah this shit is insane. Too bad you don't like to talk about this shit, you have some inspirational ideas...

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

"Today young men on acid realized that all matter is just energy condensed into a slow vibration...there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..."

-Tool, "Third Eye"

I don't believe tool originally came up with that quote. It was from a canadian comedy group whose name eludes me at the moment.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

what if, since the human brain produces substantial amounts of DMT at death, the white lights and tunnels and demons and shit people see aren't really heaven or hell but actually typical DMT hallucinations?

I'll let you know what I see. I'm being given a gift of 30mg of pure DMT that will probably be smoked later this afternoon.

This is the most likely cause, actually. 5-MeO-DMT is also produced in some quantity I believe and is responsible for more of the severe ego loss effects.

Archived