bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive heard nothing but good things about this bike. but get it before they release the 2011 model!

its either the 2011 or 2012 line thats the start of the "gary fisher collection" bikes by Trek.

nothing going to change except for the paint job, but still.

edit: be sure to change the seat though.

Roadie talk.

Got some calf cramps for the first time ever in tonight's hill crit and dropped out with 2 to go. Shortly before that, had some serious cotton mouth so I should have known what was to come. The temperature did just shoot up today compared to what we've had in the past few weeks, though.

Kinda bummed on Time iClic road pedals as well because my cleat has weird play in the pedal. My foot is 'tilting'/'rolling' in a way that it shouldn't ever do. May go back to SPD SLs or try out Mavics, or hell, 'downgrade' to the old/more tested Time RXS's.

giraffe--what you can ask and what you'll get are totally different things. CL is crowded with bikes of all makes models and qualities. your bike is a quarter step above junk. asking 150 might get a response or two, but odds are nobody will even call you.

i bought that schwinn homegrown. so sexy. such a smooth feeling to be on it. should get a chance to actually ride some cross country in a couple weeks, once i'm all settled back in.

i also ended up winning a rocky mountain hammer frame for 200 bucks.

rocky-mountain-hammer-29-ss-2009-330-p.gif

already have the frame, a rockshox reba race 29, and cane creek 110 for the build.

• Like 1

i figure its probably that last time in my adult life i'll be "allowed" to build a dream bike from the ground up, so i'm gonna take my time and learn learn learn.

finally bought zinn and art of mountain bike maintenance to help with everything i don't know. this book is full of so much. even shit i thought i knew well i'm being made to feel like a complete hack...

the way they look, im not a fan of the carbon fiber frames that have flowing joints and all that mess.

straight tubes, no varying thickness looks alot smoother in my opinion. for example, moots frames are probably some f the nicest mtb frames ive seen

So I'm finally riding again ladies and germs. Going out for a good ride this Sunday. I'll be doing a lot of riding and park chilling. Man it feels good to ride again, but I also want to get another bike..

Any suggestions on how to do this on the cheap?

Under four bills most likely. Just need something that rides smooth and fast.. Single gear preffered. No fixie for me. Should I just go back through Clist or what?

Thanks.

P.S. Mostly I just want to have another bike for a just in case and so I don't have to worry about.

i saw a decent beach cruiser at walmart, it was bare bones, classic cruiser style frame, black and chrome, no stupid logos or designs, no fenders, no brakes (other then coaster) no frills, nothing to fuck up basically. for only 86 dollars.

i couldnt believe it, a bike at walmart i would seriously consider riding.

but anyways, beach cruisers are always on craigslist for cheap, comfy as hell and no breakable components.

Was supposed to race today but the format for points if stupid... and basically the course is a circle. Tomorrows race is more wicked so I'll save my legs for that. My team mate is riding crazy strong right now so I'll bury myself for him in the hopes we can get a win.

Recently had an MRI to figure out what the issue is with my knee. Too much medical mumbo-jumbo to know what the results mean but I definitely understood the "findings" part. I'll know more on Thursday. Just hoping that whatever it is, it doesn't mess with 'cross!!