bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest chpc
Originally posted by oh so modern@Jun 27 2005, 10:58 AM

where have all the graffiti riders gone?

bump.

i love painting steel.but i also share an equaly cool obsesion with my 91 Colnago,columbus slr tubed,full campag componantry of that same year roadie,sweet era.such great looking road frames.beautiful.id like to find out more about my bike but its super hard to find anyone that knows shit about them from that time.is there any other colnago freaks,road or track.

Guest HESHIANDET

<---nago whipper. strict gucci status though. only ride it in tights....

im back btw, geting some miles back under my belt after almost a year off the bike...feels GREAT!

ps:

fuck track bikes

Originally posted by Joker+Jun 20 2005, 04:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joker - Jun 20 2005, 04:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dosoner@Jun 13 2005, 05:56 PM

i hope this thread isnt dead now, since i just jumped on the bandwagon.

i just added this one to my collection thanks to a great deal on ebay.

So... so... so fucking jealous. If it's a size 54 and you are considering to sell it, say... this time next year... you can ask me. I can promise you I'll be interested. I have been looking for one of those as well but having no luck. Good find

Bastard.

[/b]

its a 57. first track/fixed bike i have owned, and iv been having an amazing time riding the streets of reno on it

one for the money ...

bike1.jpg

5200 fixed gear. before you ask about the choice of parts, keep in mind that the only thing i paid for was the rear wheel.

bike2.jpg

white industries eno eccentric rear hub.

more bikes to come. including my fixed surly 1x1 and my head racing bar bike. i fanally had to crack down and get rid of a bunch of bikes. the ones that i have left, though are the ones that are the most fun.

and that's what it's all about.

I NEED SOME SHIT:

im looking for a cyclocross frame (preferably) or decent hybrid frame and fork. no headset BB or anything, just frame and fork. 60cm preferably but i could rock a 58 or something close. preferably all steel, preferably cheap.

ALSO: a nice old pair of 5 or 6? speed thread on hubs or wheels. preferably campy high flange, but ill consider low flange, suntour, mailard, or anything else. my bike is sooooo close but i need a decent set of wheels or hubs to build on.

ill pay or trade, ive got tons of decent road, mntn, and even some BMX shit.

also, to the dude rockin paint in his seat bag, bottle cages hold normal size cans perfectly.most people dont even notice although it is louder.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jul 18 2005, 01:23 PM

define cheap...I've got an 80's Bianchi frame...somewhere in the 60-62 cm range. if interested...holler.

im used to dumpstering a good portion of my shit so 20 bucks is my idea of cheap, but depending on what its made of and its condition id pay 50 or 75? or i dunno, you make an offer. and 62 is prolly gonna be too big. thanks...

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jul 19 2005, 08:40 AM

its in really good condition and its all glorius steel.

I'll keep an eye out for something that better fits your needs. I come across a lot of stuff.

bike #19 was delivered last night. I really need to find a bigger house.

i still might be interested, hit me up on PM.

and i hear you on the bigger house. i got rid of bikes 12 through 38 at the end of this spring. and i still have a tandem.

yeah, what the fuck is with Chicago? i was takin the train out west, and stopped over there for a couple hours. it was a weekday afternoon and the streets were fairly empty except for like a zillion messengers. for each block i walked i was passed by like 5. i saw a few people comuting and shit but there were just tons of messengers rolling around. and the streets were all like 5 lanes wide. is there a ton of work there cause the core is spread out, or cause of the weather and nobody wants to walk their deliveries, whats the deal?

^^^ There is a large amount of work to be made in the bike messengering industry. At some companies you can pull upwards of $100 a day.

There is far less people working the winter so if you are hardcore/dedicated you can make a lot of dough if you got the spirit.

ma dad just gave me a fresh raleigh english ten speed. it cruises. will post flicks later.

Alright, So I believe I'm going to attempt to convert an old road 10 speed over to a single speed. My basic reason for doing so being that I'd like to start riding to work on occasion and just riding around and I'm used to riding a bmx bike, so I'm not about to get a fixed gear or stay with the whole 10 speed thing.... Has anyone here done this conversion before? I've read a few how-to's and they seem to say that I can just remove the gears/derailer and throw on a bmx freewheel and single speed sprocket...Does that sound about right?

Tips?