bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ugh... I really want a SS mountain bike, badly, and those photos aren't helping me out. Being that this is my last year of racing road maybe I'll treat myself to a new bike come December.

The weather here is awesome!!! ( <--- sarcasm )

been looking at getting a fixed gear to commute with (its summer, fuck wearing clipless shoes just to go to the grocery store) and ive been looking at this

GrittyCity.jpg

website says its freewheel but i rode it at the lbs and it wasnt.. hate the stem on it (has some bmx brick stem) but its only like 500. plus it doesnt look TOO hipsterish

thoughts?

ugly bike is ugly....

for 500 you can get a simple mercier and have some fun with the extra cash

ugly bike is ugly....

for 500 you can get a simple mercier and have some fun with the extra cash

and look like every other half tard on the road...

i dont want a mercier, masi, bianchi, any of those.

i want a bike i can fuck up, treat like shit, fall on, scratch up, and not baby.

if that makes any sense.

also, link to a 500 dollar mercier??

i want a bike i can fuck up, treat like shit, fall on, scratch up, and not baby.

if that makes any sense.

that bike looks like some bullshit s/m/l/xl compact geometry piece of shit that gets shat out of most every bike manufacturer nowadays. it has flat bars. youll look like everyone else, regardless, if that's your main concern.

witnessed my first crit race (uptown minneapolis. i usually just ride alone although i've done a few alleycats, but i'm done with that. the crit was awesome tho.

did roughly 350 miles on a short tour last week. rained most of the time.

put in an order for a surly karate monkey... cant wait to hit the dirt soon.

Yo acer....you get those glasses yet?

I lost my confirmation email...

i have no idea, im out of town.

and ernie, its gary fisher, so basically a trek (on a semi related note, all gary fisher mountainbikes after 2010 will say trek on the downtube and "gary fisher collection" real small on the top tube. found that interesting), which is a brand i know. which is a major plus in my book. that and it has almost zero logos, which tells me they arent trying to sell it based on looks (unlike every single other fixed gear ive seen for sale, which are sold on looks) and finally, ive never ridden a fixed gear further then 25 yards (except when i was drunk once but that was on a football field so it doesnt count) so two brakes is a BIG plus in my book.

unless i can get a serious deal on someones custom built fixie, im going with the gary fisher

seems like a good swoop...im mtn.bike illiterate any input?

What do you want to use it for? Post components list...

They usually come with some average generic fork. If you plan on offroad stuff, you'd want to change it.

The frames are solid.

i have no idea, im out of town.

and ernie, its gary fisher, so basically a trek (on a semi related note, all gary fisher mountainbikes after 2010 will say trek on the downtube and "gary fisher collection" real small on the top tube. found that interesting), which is a brand i know. which is a major plus in my book. that and it has almost zero logos, which tells me they arent trying to sell it based on looks (unlike every single other fixed gear ive seen for sale, which are sold on looks) and finally, ive never ridden a fixed gear further then 25 yards (except when i was drunk once but that was on a football field so it doesnt count) so two brakes is a BIG plus in my book.

unless i can get a serious deal on someones custom built fixie, im going with the gary fisher

sorry, wasnt trying to bust your balls, i havent looked at the gary fisher webite for a few years, but when i did i remembered seeing an ss that was way nicer than that, may have not been in the same price range, but i dont remember. im just a hater of compact geometry. it always looks like a cruiser bmx or a mountain bike to me.

if that makes any sense.

you do realize that most of us so called "half-tards" ride the above mentioned mercier bike for the exact reason you dont want one.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/trackbikes.htm

i wouldnt buy that SE though, if you're into that trick track nonsense.

its like the bike equivalent of the Spinergy wheel.

http://www.streettumblers.com/2010/02/se-pk-ripper-fail.html

if you have extra parts lying around, drop 500 on this frame and be baller.

http://vikingcycles.com/store.php

sorry, wasnt trying to bust your balls, i havent looked at the gary fisher webite for a few years, but when i did i remembered seeing an ss that was way nicer than that, may have not been in the same price range, but i dont remember. im just a hater of compact geometry. it always looks like a cruiser bmx or a mountain bike to me.

thats the only model they have posted on their site and i asked a buddy at a trek certified s and he said thats the only model. so i guess the ship sailed on that deal.

i like compacts geometry, my mtb would look sick if i converted it to a fixed. but im not, because then i wont have a mtb.. (this is the frame, just imagine in gunmetal grey with purple stickers and a rigid fork. im not embedding, its a huge image http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.bryan.ostrand.net/wp-content/uploads/team925.JPG&sa=X&ei=ji8eTJbNMsL78AatlI3MDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4DA&usg=AFQjCNGYyQniZmCE5R4Vll52M8TJC7ziow)

when i look at it, it either looks like a mtb or a road bike. the thing that seperates the two are the handlebars. if it has drops, i want it to look like a road bike, if it doesnt im going to want it to look like a mtb. and that gf frame looks like my mtb, so i like it.

and no offense tron, didnt know you rode a mercier....

but id rather ride for the same reason as you, but with a bike none of you ride. its how i justify buying a fixed gear instead of a nice 3speed beach cruiser.

and thats hilarious about the ripper frame, i saw that bike advertised on a site and i thought to myself it cant be THAT good if its made by DC, thanks for confirming it haha

I've always ridden a bike, but I'm new to the whole "scene" of bicycles. I rode my first track bike about a month ago, and it was definitely fun. Thinking about picking up a Mercier Kilo TT (this was suggested) as my starter bike. I'm sure its been covered, but I dont really wanna skim through 400+ pages to find the pieces, so, how is this bike?

Also, why the fuck do these people in town hate on people who have a freewheel? Is coasting not cool? I'm not trying to peddle down some of the hills here.