bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I descended 4900 feet in under seven minutes, at mostly a 30 degree grade, in 6 inches of axle grease consistency mud, and baby head sized rocks piled on the entire course this weekend. 99% of the people that race DH personalities suck (similar to every other respective discipline of cyclists). My cyclocross & Roadie beasting teammate came along to take photos. He stayed and raced with you Joker a few years back! small world, he used to write, race was in west virginia, were a VA team. Im selling my cross country bike, totally hooked on DH, did pretty well in my class. Hit me up if your doing the same anywhere in the east, Whilstler here we come...

You made a $4000 carbon fibre fixie?

Why?

Last February I crashed the bike on a descent and broke the deraileur hanger off... it was all one piece of carbon and not a little detachable hanger. The only people who would even consider repairing it were Calfee and the quote was kinda high... and they would be replacing the entire rear triangle, which they would not paint. A couple friends said I should turn it into a single-speed bike... so I did. Well, I went with a fixie.

The way I looked at it was... turning it into a fixie was better than letting a very good hand made carbon fibre frame and fork sit and rot. This way I get to ride it again... for a few months anyway.

Hopefully I'll find some wacko who wants a wicked looking conversaton piece.

Joker you doing Swan Island crit on Saturday?

Seriously, if you do well at PIR then you should definitely do Swan Island. It's a mini version of PIR. Good to finally meet you in person!

I don't know how your race went but ours was super fast. 20 laps in less than 90 minutes... I don't know what that works out to as an average speed but I hope it's fairly high. Because my legs are tired...

Good luck on Saturday! Like I said... you'll do well out there. It's a short, fast course but one that suits your style of riding. You can pull off the win there, I know you can!

So I'm just waiting for the saddle to arrive and then it's done...

3661287948_f1f0103c66_o.jpg

I'm thinking I should put white bar tape on there instead of the red. I wish I could get white hood covers though...

• Like 1

Man that crit was nervewrecking as hell...

About halfway into it, about 5 or 6 guys crashed in the middle of the field. I'm not sure if someone overlapped tires of just got a pedal in someone elses wheel but they were all way bunched up right before the crash. I was 2 wheels back from them and had to narrowly escape while watching a guy on my left go right into it and try not to touch the guy on my right. Anyways, as I passed one of the fallen guys, one of his limbs made contact with my left shin and threw my line way off but I didn't crash and was able to recover out of it and keep the bike upright. By then I was on the back of the field as everyone else had gotten out of the meelee and had to get back on... no big deal because the pace wasn't that fast anyway, just got my heart rate really high for next 5-10 minutes.

Then, the final lap was a real shit show because the lap counter was nowhere to be found in view (i.e., didn't know it was the final lap until the announcer yelled and the sprint bell was rung). So I made up about 20 positions in the field to get up in the top 10-15 coming into the finish. Then, as I was taking a very tight line through the last corner leading up to the straightaway to the finish, I heard a BOOM! and my tire had popped, so at that point I was now cornering on a flat in the front. I started fishtailing all over the place with no one immediately around me, and managed to straighten my line out and keep the bike fully upright while easing on the brakes and stopping just short of the finish.

i need some advice. i am looking to buy a new saddle/seat for my mountain bike. i'm by no means what anyone would call a serious bike rider, but when i go, i usually ride for a while and my junk usually pay the price in the end.

can anyone recommend a specific model to pick up, or ones to avoid. i am looking for the most bang for my buck and comfort. i mostly ride streets, but may try trails.

thanks in advance.

i need some advice. i am looking to buy a new saddle/seat for my mountain bike. i'm by no means what anyone would call a serious bike rider, but when i go, i usually ride for a while and my junk usually pay the price in the end.

can anyone recommend a specific model to pick up, or ones to avoid. i am looking for the most bang for my buck and comfort. i mostly ride streets, but may try trails.

thanks in advance.

swobo saddle! look on their website, tuff stuff I use em often and there only like $30, bonus bottle opener under the seat

Costs $102,418.60 USD

Each bike is hand built, plated with 24 carat gold and hand-adorned with more than 600 Swarovski crystals.

a0ju3q.png

The limited to ten, the crystal and gold bike was created by a company named Aurumania, whose self-proclaimed purpose is to conceive of and design items with the extravagant use of gold, thereby turning familiar objects into collectible art. Their collection thus far consists of fifty 24 karat gold plated bikes, a gold plated bike rack and the special Swarovski crystal adorned 24 karat plated version. As one would expect for these prices, their products are hand delivered anywhere in the world.

xdigq1.png

29cv3q0.png

The handlebar grips (above) are made of hand-sewn, chocolate-brown leather and a moulded Brooks leather saddle provides the right nostalgic touch.

2j68jg1.png

Good luck on Saturday! Like I said... you'll do well out there. It's a short, fast course but one that suits your style of riding. You can pull off the win there, I know you can!

So I'm just waiting for the saddle to arrive and then it's done...

3661287948_f1f0103c66_o.jpg

I'm thinking I should put white bar tape on there instead of the red. I wish I could get white hood covers though...

Somehow i feel like this is my fault for not checking in on this thread. Joker has lost his mind. Awesome.

Picked up a Specialized Toupe after reading a few reviews and talking to a few guys at my local shop. With a discount it ran me around 130, which wasn't terrible. I hear it takes some getting used to a new saddle so this should be fun for a little while.