>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome Tesser, thanks!! I think it's fine if someone posts up a non-working link, as long as the intentions were good.

For example, 972 posted a real link, but it doesn't seem to be working cause it's located in an angelfire location. No biggie, I understand the technical difficulties. I wanna listen to it though, Eddie Palmieri kills it.

Vanity, however, posts a link that leads you to the SoulSeek site, as if to say HAHA YOU GOTTA GET SOULSEEK FIRST SUCKAZ HAH... no. That's bullshit. You should delete his post too.

----------------

This track is ridiculous Tesser, hahahaha... the guitars are pretty ill though. I feel like I'm listening to spanish rap with all the syllables placed out of order.

I have soulseek and still wasnt all that impressed with the goastface track.

Well.... it's pretty good... I'm just glad the old soul vocals are at a normal pitch.

but the vocal tracks overlap way too much... untill the chorus. Then they fit.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Hahaha, i wish i had one of their older songs on digital form but i was to hip hop(=everything on tape), it was pretty legit hip hop seriously.

Anyway, vanity and Marty deleted aswell...i'm gonna get the rules burned on your DNA you godamn crackers:p

ps. i told you spanish and greek have a very similar sound base, i think that i'm one of the few people in this website that can spell those double r's on your name properly

Hey Memmero, you have any good host (that doesn't cost $$$)?

I got some dope shit to share:cool:

-----------

edit: I actually tried it out again now and the link I posted works for me.

But Angelfire still sucks.

Any other hosts?

Sorry bro... don't know any free hosts with the bandwidth necessary for this kind of stuff. This is what I'm getting:

Angelfire does not allow direct linking

from offsite, non-Angelfire pages,

to files hosted on Angelfire.

This practice of 'remote linking' reduces

our ability to serve out the homepages

of our members quickly and efficiently.

Tesser, hell yeah... like I told you once, my greek friends in college had nearly 100% perfect spanish pronunciation right off the bat whenever they asked "how do you say _____". It was uncanny.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Hey, fuck you guys!!!

For the last time, DONT POST RECOMMENDATIONS...ONLY LINKS!

PS. this whole incident has proved my theory on 12ozers posting patterns...90% of you read the title and hit reply with nothing inbetween:tongue:

--05/19/04--

--Song of the Week--

If today's song was what I've listened to the most all week, I would have another Fennesz joint up in this shit. But for the sake of variety, I won't put it up.

Instead, we have my favorite track off Squarepusher's new album, "Ultravisitor". I've always loved the song "Iambic 5 Poetry", I even used it for the closing credits on the Kujo video cause it's so nice and solemn. This is I guess its "sequel", which while staying very much organic and melodic like the first, it abandons its melancholy and embraces a sunny, hopeful sound.

The drums sound like they're live, and although I know Squarepusher is a great drummer (as well as bass player), I have my doubts about him pulling them off so well. Nevertheless, the last two minutes ascend into such an awesome climax, with the melodies soaring and the cymbals smashing, it's hard not to feel triumphant while listening to it. here is:

Squarepusher, "Iambic 9 Poetry"

We'll probably shift back into DPC gear next week, as this weekend is scheduled for island camping madness.

i kinda like that greek song

i like the mellow squarepusher song too. good for certain days and moods.

i'm going to see if i can get a song uploaded to my geocities acct. you're going to have to copy the link into a browser to get it to work i'm sure. hold on.

ok i have a song, i'm sure NO ONE will like.

so please be forwarned.

this song is a music style called Forro

"upbeat, super-catchy dance music from the Northeast of Brazil. Forro usually features an accordion, with fast, syncopated rhythms similar to samba. In some ways, forro is analagous to mariachi in Mexico, or cumbia music in Columbia: although a few artists are well-known, national stars, thousands of others have recorded for small, regional labels and much of forro is relatively informal and localized. Although it had been marginalized during the bossa nova years as a kind of hick music, the style made a comeback in the early seventies, as tropicalia artists such as Gilberto Gil and Gal Costa revived old hits and brought forro riffs into their rock-tinged albums. Revitalized, forro began to become more modern, with new stars such as Elba Ramalho who introduced disco and pagode elements into the old back-country sound. "

be warned it sounds kinda countryish and has accordians and the like.

this particular song is a new sub-type called university Forro, by a well known group called Falamansa

CRAP it's not working!!!!!!!!

be right back

* ok it's working just paste this url:us.share.geocities.com/flameonya/Falamansa-Carta_De_um_Anjo.mp3

Ok my update.

This time I uploaded this song

The Yellow Submarine Ensemble - Heitor

Sick fusion stuff...

I pretty much chose to upload it because it can only be bought here (and Im quite sure you can't dnld it anywhere) so if anyone is interested maybe I can figure out or send some copies.

And to those who cant open the link get it through here

HERE!

Aight have fun.

--05/26/04--

--Song of the Week--

-DPC-

As previously announced, today's installment is DPC material, dedicated to the behemoth of radness witnessed this weekend, which was blaring this particular song as it rolled to a stop. I am, of course, talking about THE SCHOOLBUS OF CRUNK, Defender of Awesomeness and Guardian of Badassity.

So we had just gotten back from a weekend of island camping, completely hungover and tired to death, sitting on our packed tents and duffel bags at the ferry dock, waiting for our friends to get the cars from the parking dock. While nodding off

for a quick nap, we hear a loud grumbling in the distance, and some rolling piano notes. We assume it's some car with a loud audio system, but when we peer down the street there's nothing but family minivans, old ladies in sedans, and a schoolbus. The cars pass by the pick-up zone one by one, but the rumbling belongs to none. BOOM-boom, BOOM-boom...

And then, it arrives in front of us, and punches us in the face.

A children's schoolbus, filled up with hordes of drunken bums, partying their asses off as the music blares from an absolutely astonishing sound system. Row's of 6 x 9's above the windows, custom bandpass boxes built into the top luggage areas (must've been at least 16 subs), horn tweeters on each bus corner.

This wasn't a custom, private coach bus. It was a beat-up-as-fuck, yellow, rusty schoolbus that actually takes kids to school every day. The side sign read "López School Transportation Services".

We sat there slackjawed at the sheer intensity of the spectacle as riders got out of it, chugging bottles of hard liquor and handing out warm beer to whoever wanted it. Then, once empty, the driver (and I'm guessing the DJ as well), pops out to wave goodbye to everyone, gets back in, and drives off, the music still pounding. We erupt in applause, open the ice coolers, and begin drinking what was left (which wasn't much, but enough to get us into full-on party mode again), right there on the docks.

This is the song the Schoolbus of Crunk performed during its short stay. Salsa-flavored reggaetón by various artists. Some of you may already have it cause I once hosted it for TEARZ, and you may have picked it up from there. So if you do have it, give it a few listens while you visualize the event I just described. For the rest of you, I hope you enjoy:

Los 12 Discípulos, "Intro"

Till next.

^And I'm taking this opportunity to tell you that for not being concerned with anything previously stated, which include the rules, your post will soon be deleted. Thank you.

i want a banging school bus!

i used to be a school bus driver too, can you believe it.

good songola. what genre of music is Don Omar, big boy etc... i listen to it with no idea of what to call it besides. RAD! ahahah

i posted a song.. retardedly but i did post one.

Hahaha, you drove a school bus?? Hahaha that's awesome...

As for the genre name, it used to be unofficially called "underground" during its nascent years, but now it's pretty established that the correct name is "reggaetón".

And fuck, I just noticed you had edited and added a URL to your song last week... is it still up? It's time for a new one!

Ube, that didn't sound counrty-ish at all!! That was actually very dope and had a nice reggae vibe to it, almost Manu Chao-ish. I'm a sucker for accordions too, I think they have an oddly awesome sound.

I look forward to your next contribution.

Still time for me to get one in on Wednesday:

mc chris - Fette's Vette

This song is complete nerd rap, but I love it. I first found out about mc chris when he was working for Adult Swim's Sealab 2021, as the voice for MC Pee Pants and Hesh (the character's actual name). They played the song I linked above at the end of an episode, I thought it was awesome, and the rest rolled from there. He isn't signed yet, but has released a few albums on his own dime. Check him out if you enjoy:

Archived