>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

11/10/2005

Song Of the Week*

Sizzla-Give her the loving

So its raining like hell around here and that has nothing to do with

my selection for the week. In an attempt to quit smoking i ended up just smoking non-filtered cigs but thats also irrelevant. Whats pretty much on point is when somebody, who comes from a background that has suffered alot from cliches and generalisations, makes the same shit sound like something else. I stumbled across this song while i forget i ever had it, being one of those untagged songs that just appear like '8' in iTunes, i listened to it 20 times straight in awe. It may not sound all that great to you guys but its been a while since i felt something new about reggae. Vocals are killing shit in this song, so is the title that balances nicely between something romantic and totally pr0n at the same time. Enjoy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Nov 23 2005, 03:36 PM

11/23/2005

SteveAustin's Song Of the Week

+ Supersuckers - Roadworn and Weary +

Alright, here's my first contribution.

Like I said earlier, I've been on a bit of an alt country and rockabilly phase.

Since I don't have access to my first selection, I thought I'd go with one of

the bands that got me started on this whole kick. Plus they're headed to

town fairly soon and it kinda describes how hectic shit has been for me lately.

Love it or hate it...its what you get from me this week.

- | 6x | -

Bumpin this from the bottomless previous page.

It's a bit of both, cause I grew fond of the people, but my new job is gonna be fucking awesome so I couldn't be more excited.

man...my whole day today was sitting at a garbage pc trying to finish an arts

mag with a retardedly slow redraw..to move a stupid little tiff 2inches over takes like 45 seconds, with another 45 to change tools. this is after i talked to a friend on the weekend from another agency who told me the whole place is pimped out with the latest g5's and cs2. aarrrgh. i pretty much blasted this all day along with many other analord tunes. also, this particular tune makes me think it should be

played in some teched out euro sports car while driving *psychotically fast.

AFX - Xmd5a(Analord 10)

I'm super slacking.

But I'll make up for it with this interesting and 100% true tidbit of info:

30 minutes ago, I sharted. At work. I had to throw out my underwear.

Guest imported_Tesseract

All i've been listening this week is bloc party and franz ferdinant and i guess none of you wants some of that.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I keep fucking forgetting about today!!

I have three tracks to make up for the past two weeks. But they're at fucking work. I'll post tomorrow.

--OMG/WTF/FBI--

--Song of the WEEKS--

As promised, the three late tracks.

The first is the one I felt was the closest to the feeling I had after quitting my job: Freedom, sadness, excitement, uncertainty. Some of you might think it's the gayest thing you've ever heard. Hell, I think it's kinda gay. But fuck, the song just sounds goddamn amazing blasting full-volume on a good car stereo just barreling down the road, which is precisely what I did when I left the office that day.

M83, "Teen Angst"

The second track has one of the goddamn catchiest beats I've heard in a long-ass time. Well, it's either super catchy or super annoying... in my case it's the latter. I've been blasting this song daily on the morning commute and I find myself whistling the xylophone riff all throughout the day. It runs a bit on the long side (6 minutes or so), but I couldn't be happier about it. I could listen to this for hours and have it be my personal soundtrack all day to keep me uplifted, headbobbing till I get neck cramps.

All Natural, "Elements of Style"

The third track is just pure DPC goodness. I know some of you don't dig daddy Yankee (and I'm telling you, most of you will be absolutely sick of the dude by the end of next year, dude's gonna blow up even bigger in the States), but this new track is a fucking BANGER. So mackfatsoe, this one's for you.

Daddy Yankee, "Rompe"

Yeah I know, dude even made it on Punk'd. I'm saying, this dude will go to Ricky Martin status, meybe even surpass it.

right on deto...glad you like it.

I gotta try and find some Legendary Shack Shakers. Those guys fall in that rock/punk-abilly category as well. J.D. Wilkes is a fucking riot. For those UK heads...they're still touring over there. Shows coming up:

FRI 9............DUBLIN, IRELAND (OLYMPIA - 1,600)

SAT 10.........DUBLIN, IRELAND (OLYMPIA - 1,600)

MON 12.......WOLVERHAMPTON, UK (CIVIC - 3,000)

TUE 13.........WOLVERHAMPTON, UK (CIVIC - 3,000)

Guest BROWNer

okay, tune 1 is what you could call a landmark piece by a huge musical

nerd named karlheinz. i first heard this in 94 after i had been getting all these

weird records out *of the library(which was a fucking awesome library).

i stumbled on this shitty old yellow deutshe grammafon tape that

had german all over it...all i knew was that i had already heard some pretty cool

stockhausen stuff, so i took it home, put it on and me and my buddies fucking flipped..

and of course blasted it at our weekend house parties for awhile.

later, i ended stealing the

tape, which i still own and it still works pretty good. one side is the piece below, and side 2 has the equally, if not iller, "Kontakte". the original. a word of warning...much of karlheinz's catalog is shoddy, puffed chest chump styles. but his electronic shit is awesome. even premiere samples the dude.

Gesang der Junglinge-Karlheinz Stockhausen

Archived