>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be working for me, Po. Downloading at the moment... Four Tet is pretty fucking awesome. My jaw dropped when I heard his Madvillain remixes and I then decided to download everything in sight by him.

By the way, höllerbach if you want the whole Plux Quba again.

B0002K0Q34.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

By the way, I have these babies on loan and they are currently rocking my fucking world. I feel like I have to listen to my entire music collection again cause I'm picking up sounds I never even noticed before.

*Edit: HOLY SHIT THIS SONG IS GOOD, PO.

Originally posted by POIESIS@Oct 5 2005, 04:04 PM

i wish i still owned plux quba...fortunately mamerro has impeccable taste in tunes and

has uploaded the best tune on the record. thanks.

well, here is my contribution, i hope it works. i'm actually way past the point of being

completely enamoured by this tune, however, it is something i think some of you

will dig..especially loud and on a gnarly system.

i have no idea who the hell 'kings of convenience' are, but i do know

four tet is a talented chap with an impressive knowledge of fresh tunes and an equally

fresh catalogue of his own musical delights..

my only advice is that if you like this tune, do not

expect the same from his latest audio offering.

try something off pause or rounds instead.

enjoy.

Kings of Convenience-"The Weight of My Words" (Four Tet Instrumental Remix)

"id rather dance with you" is a good song by kings of convenience

this is pretty sweet..uploading choice tunes......

mams, yes, glad you like. i figured you were already tuned into his stuff.

i've only been able to get a few of the madvillain joints, but haven't tried

to get the rest for a bit. accordian was on repeat for awhile.

i may holler...but probably for only one tune..i believe that the song you posted

is near the end of the cd(?)..there is another tune that's song #4 or 5 i think, which is gorgeous too. or maybe it's vice versa.

those sennheiser's look badass..my old man has a pair of sennheiser's from

probably 20years ago and they still sound pretty amazing. unfortunately all

the foam has become brittle, so after using them you have really bad blackdruff

around the ears.

Guest imported_Tesseract

13/10/2005

Song Of the Week*

Tego Calderon - En Peligro De Extincion.mp3

After last weeks thread on Reggeaton and all the ruckus in there, i got interested in all that. I dled Daddy yankee's and Tego Calderon's latest. Daddy yankee i completely hated, Tego on the other hand is awesome. Heres a song thats been playing on a daily basis lately.

--10/12/05--

--Song of the Week--

Hahaha, awesome Tesser, Tego is the fucking king...

It's a rainy bitch of a day, been a rainy bitch of a week actually, and today's song is killing it on the headphones. Sweet nothings from Múm to stare out the window with:

Múm, "We Have a Map of the Piano"

alrighty...

well it's been a rainy day here too and fall has now sunk it's withered old

fingers into everything, giving me that odd feeling where things are simultaneously happy/beautiful and depressing/ugly. good ol' fall.

here's a little acoustic ditty by Bibio that i rocked to and from work today.

i don't know if it's the song of the week, but it fit the day perfectly...

Bibio-Bewley in Grey

--10/20/05--

--Song of the Week--

Well, site was down yesterday so I wasn't able to put anything up.

Yesterday I was informed that Boards of Canada had released a new album ("The Campfire Headspace"), and within two minutes of hearing the great news I was downloading the full album on iTunes (they deserve my money) without even giving it a listen. If you're a BoC fan and would like them to keep doing what they do best, you'll love this album. If you're a fan of BoC that gets tired when a band or artist sounds the same through consecutive albums, you'll be dissapointed. Their closest thing to innovating on this album is the use of much more organic instruments, mostly guitars, violins, and some drums. Alas, I care not, cause I love their sound just fine. Here's my top pick from the album, which I can't get enough of... the drums after minute 3:00 are fucking spectacular (wish they were a lot louder though).

Boards of Canada, "Dayvan Cowboy"

• 2 weeks later...

alright, here is a tune from german techno maestro wolfgang voigt(more famously known as mike ink etc...). however, this is NOT techno, per se.

to drive home his genius, a quick synopsis: he took samples of wagner(huge old german composer nerd) and fucked them all up creating this amazingly beautiful, melancholic music that is supposed to represent the feeling of konigsforst, a german forest that has all types of trees in it, oak, fir, beech. listen and think about being in a german forest, it's uncanny. germany is really a fucking incredible place in terms of electronic music and history. if you're like me, as soon as the word 'techno' pops up you grimace...well look to german techno and you will no longer grimace. instead you'll shit your pants and like it. not to be confused with the gas album emit put out. this is off the 'Konigsforst' album, wolfgangs first Gas album released in 2000. i don't know much outside of voigt's gas work, except reputation, but

this album, for me, put him right inside my pantheon of greats. the first time i heard it i flipped.

some quotes from voigt:

"..in the case of GAS, the sound worlds of Wagner or Alban Berg are excellently suited to tell again the good old fairy tale of the German forest in the most beautiful colours of pop, in a completely different way. It's the attempt at creating an intensification that is closer to us by using very deep sound structures, and which we may call Techno from very far, but which isn't Techno any more. The aim with that is always pop."

"...with GAS a sound passage is taken from the original source and by an extensive loop technique the loop is captured at an arbitrary point and moved across a rhythmic texture according to a random temporal structure. The result is a sound intensification that gets recorded when the object could be liberated from any superfluous meaning in terms of narrative structure."

*this tune stops abrubtly due to shitty download luck, but you get nearly the whole thing.

Gas - Konigsforst 1

konigs.jpg

--11/02/05--

--Song of the Week--

Well, I can't make up my goddamn mind about what song to pick for this week. What I do know, is that I really, really want to take a walk on a german forest right now while listening to Poiesis's track.

If I was all up in party mode, I'd pick a track by Babbletron, a track by Calle 13, or a Das EFX song, but since it's the middle of the week and I'm tired as hell from work and need to relax, I'm gonna pick a sweet little joint by Harold Budd and Brian Eno, which I often listen to in the car after a tough day at work. I also listen to it after composing elaborate run-on sentences.

Harold Budd & Brian Eno, "An Arc of Doves"

Archived