>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract

--09/21/05--

That song is totally road trip material mamstrro, good fun. Heres my contribution, nothing fun, pretty jazzy, kinda traditional too. But a fuckin awesome tune imo. Enjoy, or hate to the bone.

ps. If you have all the G-unit/50 cd's on your HD DONT download this one.

Mode Plagal, Miles' Leventikos

Enjoy or hate.

Tesser, that shit is fucking smooth as hell. I feel like I should be having a fine scotch right now. Something tells me I'm gonna become a huge jazz fiend in the next 10 years, I just haven't matured enough to start digging.

Reams, please post direct links to mp3 files, not a myspace link. I'm gonna edit it out unless it's changed by tomorrow.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm not big on jazz yet too, i prefer the shit with some melody on though. Thats a greek jazz band that mostly uses traditional greek tunes and jazzifies them. I also have a similar ethiopian cd...if you werent just polite, both albums can be send to you.

Originally posted by 12:02p.m+Sep 19 2005, 12:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12:02p.m - Sep 19 2005, 12:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boogy nights@Jun 23 2004, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Modest Mouse - Float On

From Modest Mouse's newest album Good News for People Who Love Bad News, "Float On" is the first single. Those familiar with Modest Mouse can tell this song was kind of tailored for radio play, but, at least to me, it still fucking rocks. It's been on heavy rotation (the whole album, that is) for the past week. Highly recommended.

good pick poopman. i feel like the new album, in general, is tailored for radio play. i was gonna call out some song numbers that particularly rocked. but i named to many. and it wouldnt be kosher. everyone buy the album. song 4. listen to song 4 first.

good song.. but the radio really overplayed it.which is unfortunate because it starts to turn people off and make them sick of it...to bad

[/b]

that song sucks. that shits for emo fags. sounds like the strokes. do any of you listen to them? :haha: :confused: :bday: :toothache: what i thought

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Sep 22 2005, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Sep 22 2005, 09:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah well I hate you. See option C on the first post.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Apr 8 2004, 08:36 AM

You have three options:

C) Download the song and NOT enjoy. This is where you post up how much you hate the group/song and i will take it like the poo eating fart licker that i am

yep, gotcha. thanks.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Apr 7 2004, 03:36 PM

Rules for thread participation:

• You may post any comments you like.

• You may post links to actual downloadable mp3's online.

• If you do post a song, it must be only one a week, and must be posted on Wednesday. Include a description.

• You may NOT post song suggestions for people to go get on their own.

• You may NOT post short audio clips or low bitrate versions.

Guest imported_Tesseract

28/9/2005

Song Of the Week*

Capleton-Mashing up the earth (from 'Still Blazin')

As summer slowly fades out

and its raining non stop this week, i

simply refuse to face that fact.

I was reamed with work late yesterday and by the end of the day I was so sick of computers I didn't bother to turn on my machine to upload my pick. I'll have it up later today, sorry for the delay.

--09/28/05--

--Song of the Week--

Alright, so I apologize for not making it to yesterday's session, but here I am with a late entry.

I was gonna post a really fucking slammin' Dangermouse track cause I'd been bumping it all week, but as soon as I saw Tesser put up an end-of-summer track, I quickly changed my mind, since it's waaaaaay more appropiate. The following track is one I listened to on my headphones during more than a just a few sunsets over the summer, and it's only fitting that I chose it for summer's sunset itself... it's also an excellent autumn opener.

It's the closing track to a little-known gem of an album from 1987, Plux Quba, by Italian electronic composer Nuno Canavarro. I've had the album for some time now, having randomly picked it out from the used items bin at a record store in Providence cause it looked odd as hell, and flipping out when I heard how good it was. I further flipped out when I heard the Browner, our resident electronic music übernerd, talking about it admirably, and realized how lucky I was to have picked it out by sheer luck.

Best listened to with headphones, so you pick up all the little shimmering voices and sounds in the background:

Nuno Canavarro, "Untitled"

Guest imported_Tesseract

5/10/2005

Song Of the Week*

The Greenhornes-There is an end (from 'Broken Flowers' soundtrack)

I just watched Jim Jarmusch's new film 'Broken Flowers' with Bill murray last sunday. Like always, the film was dope and the music was off the hook. Funny thing is that the whole movie is covered with the ethiopiques vol4 cd (mams i send you that) which randomly fell in my hands and became one of my favs for the last 2 years or so. Having said that i missed the surprise element of discovering the music through the film but still loved it.

For this wednedsay i will share the closing song of the film by the Greenhornes. It may sound super cheesy-70's if you havent watched the film but it makes so much sense to me right now.

--10/05/05--

--Song of the Week--

This is quite possibly the happiest song on earth. It's just a large amount of sheer bliss rolled up into a 2:39-minute ball of a song. Laughing kids, barking dogs, xylophones, and um, breaking glass... all sorts of joyous awesomeness. Best heard with windows down on an open country road.

Manitoba, "Crayon"

Tesser, Ethipique on BF, what are the fucking odds of THAT? Hahaha, awesome. So nice and grimy, some very fucking danceable tunes there.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I know, i totally freaked out and had to deal with petty feelings of the 'great, now something completely 'mine' will be all over the place' kind.

Dealt with it fast and enjoyed it.

ha

i wish i still owned plux quba...fortunately mamerro has impeccable taste in tunes and

has uploaded the best tune on the record. thanks.

well, here is my contribution, i hope it works. i'm actually way past the point of being

completely enamoured by this tune, however, it is something i think some of you

will dig..especially loud and on a gnarly system.

i have no idea who the hell 'kings of convenience' are, but i do know

four tet is a talented chap with an impressive knowledge of fresh tunes and an equally

fresh catalogue of his own musical delights..

my only advice is that if you like this tune, do not

expect the same from his latest audio offering.

try something off pause or rounds instead.

enjoy.

Kings of Convenience-"The Weight of My Words" (Four Tet Instrumental Remix)

Archived