>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

14/12/2005

Song Of the Week*

Damian Marley - For the babies

Okay, after i saw that Rumpuncher thread on Damian Marleys' welcome to jamrock, i dled the album so this is where this comes from. This song stuck mainly because of that opening and also because its the first song that uses the worst voice effect ever used in the history of music but for once, manages to sound right. Go figure.

Thats the technical shit lets say, the actual reason is because at the time it sounded so godamn sexual to me. All i could think of while listening was rubbing sunlotion on firm tights asses with one hand while i undo the top of a bikini with the other. The music still fully coordinates with that feeling but despite the misleading title and some random lines here and there, the song has nothing to do with all that.

I urge you to listen to the song with a free head without trying to decode the jamaican english and THEN read the Lyrics

ouch.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12/21/2005

Song Of The Week

Fucked Up - Police

Now I'm well aware that this thread is usually full of total nerd steez music, but that is not the case with my song choice today. Fucked Up is a hardcore band from Toronto and after hearing people ranting and raving about them, i finally checked some of their stuff out. After listening through the cd once i thought that it was nothing special, but then i few days later i decided to blast this shit while i was driving and it fucking destroyed my face. I know most people that are in this thread probably don't care for hardcore music, but you should still give this a listen or two. Listen to this at high volumes and you will most likely want to get drunk and smash things. In the unlikely chance that someone actually likes this, you can get some more mp3s off of their site.

Oh yeah I like that

This has been stuck in my head all week

let's see if it works

12/21/2005

Song Of The Week

1984 - Uffie

Back in the day I used to have a strong opposition towards white girls rapping.

But after hearing a few songs this year by Uffie, Amanda Blank, and (sometimes) Lady Sov, my feelings have changed.

Check her stuff out Site/Player here,

I didn't even know she had this up till lemon red (gotta give credit where it's due) posted it.

I look forward to hearing more from the Frenchie. Oh yeah and this song was produced by another Frenchie, Mr. Oizo (flat beat). It's all glitchy and broken beated.

*edit bad link. fixed

• 1 month later...

bumping this shit to the new page because its waaaay too good to whither and die at the bottom of the old page.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Feb 10 2006, 01:45 PM

Super Bump

--Th' Legendary Shack Shakers--

--Song of the WEEKS--

As promised, my punk-a-billy favorite, Th' Legendary Shack Shakers.

Pinetree Bogie

Shakerag Holler

Bullfrog Blues

02/13/2006

Song Of The Week

Formaldehyde Junkies - Road Hazard

Local punk/hardcore band. Really high energy, really drunk, really fun. They just got a 10/10 in a review in VICE, and i think that it does a pretty accurate job in describing the band.

"Such a fucking amazing mess of a record—obnoxious imbecility played a million miles an hour and exploding in midair before it hits the wall. I have yawned my way through so many bands trying to so-perfectly craft their angst and never come close to a song like “Shitty Life� or “Nuke the Frats.� If you turn your nose up at this, you probably don’t realize that it’s aimed at you. Yes, you."

They also have an interview in the newest issue of maximumrocknroll magazine, with a picture of the singer with a certain ouncer jumping on his back as the cover.

42643009_lbw.jpg

305426040_l.jpg

305306054_l.jpg

154991864_l.jpg

If you like fast, raw punk, it gets no better. Heres the rest of their 7" if anyone wants it:

Formaldehyde Junkies - Are A Total Wreck

Guest ctrl+alt+del

2/13/2006

CAD'ism Presents:

WOLFMOTHER

Remixed By MSTRKRFT

WOMAN

Aussies (but dont let that deter you) doing a pink floyd mars volta thing, remixed by DFA1979 and GirlsAreShort producers. The original is a lot more pure rock, heavy guitars, Led Mutherfucking Zepellin style. i had a hard time deciding which one to post. if you are into Led and Floyd, look into the original stuff from these guys. i would have seen them friday night, but arrested developement was playing, and i cant pass that up.

C+A+D

Guest ctrl+alt+del

yeah tesser,ive got like 6 other remixes done by that same group, MSTRKRFT, of others peoples work. Stuff from Juliette and The Licks, The Looks, Bloc Party, Services, Metric and Death From Above 1979. If you want anything just get at me. i guess the private messaging thing is down, but PMB has my sn if you want to drop a line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ctrl+alt+del

No Fancy Shit Nillaz

Song Of the Week Is Another Remix, because i love them.

This is from a cd im really looking forward to coming out, called

Sometimes I Rhyme Slow

this producer dude, Dert, took your hiphop music and kind of mashed it with this bad ass dude Jose Gonzalez work.

Go here for two of the tracks, i highly recommend the common and erykah badu track

youve heard it, ive heard it, but its never sounded this good.

http://gorillavsbear.blogspot.com/2006/02/...rhyme-slow.html

Archived