>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Guest imported_El Mamerro

--24/03/06--

--Song of the Week--

I haven't done this in forever, but I'm fucking pumped for the weekend and this track is the anthem.

Off Ghostface's new album, here is:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Mar 25 2006, 05:51 AM

yeah, I mean it's no MF Doom

hey, i can understand how people would hate doom. fo some reason i can't get enough of the guy. i feel like a 12 yo girl fanning out on brittney spears when it comes to the doom.

to be honest, that song you posted owuld have been infinately better with a better drum sample, and by making the gnr sample alot more subtle

Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Feb 13 2006, 02:11 PM

02/13/2006

Song Of The Week

Formaldehyde Junkies - Road Hazard

Local punk/hardcore band. Really high energy, really drunk, really fun. They just got a 10/10 in a review in VICE, and i think that it does a pretty accurate job in describing the band.

"Such a fucking amazing mess of a record—obnoxious imbecility played a million miles an hour and exploding in midair before it hits the wall. I have yawned my way through so many bands trying to so-perfectly craft their angst and never come close to a song like “Shitty Life‿ or “Nuke the Frats.‿ If you turn your nose up at this, you probably don’t realize that it’s aimed at you. Yes, you."

They also have an interview in the newest issue of maximumrocknroll magazine, with a picture of the singer with a certain ouncer jumping on his back as the cover.

42643009_lbw.jpg

305426040_l.jpg

305306054_l.jpg

154991864_l.jpg

If you like fast, raw punk, it gets no better. Heres the rest of their 7" if anyone wants it:

Formaldehyde Junkies - Are A Total Wreck

uhh ...have ya,ll ever smoked cock cause its a BAD MUFUCKA .....god I love it

• 2 months later...

-Song of the Memorial Day Weekend-

I don't like Don Omar very much. He had some really groundbreaking tracks a few years ago and then fell the fuck off. Now he comes out with a new album that sounds exactly like the same shit he was doing back then, which would be OK if the style wasn't so fucking played out. Every single track on the new CD sucks, except one, which is the fucking shit. All the credit goes to the producer, this kid called Danny Fornaris, who's the next big thing in reggeaton (bye bye Luny Tunes), pretty much everything he touches is gold. Pay attention to the last minute of the track as he deconstructs the beat and you hear all the crazy good shit the guy stuffed in there.

Straight up beach/boat party track to kick off the summer with a bang, horns blasting, timbales slamming, and asses shaking.

Don Omar, "Jangueo"

BONUS:

The music is coming from the big boat in the center at the beginning of the clip. Massive sound.

• 2 months later...

its not really the song of the week but it is better than snakes on a plane... new dl incognito cd... and all you sneaker heads you should check out track 7... ill be back next week with another cd.... pz

DL Incognito - Organic Music for a Digital World ( http://www.myspace.com/dlincognito )

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5C1FA36D24A2BC23

Discuss.....

like it? buy it....

Archived