u..s. to reinstate draft in '05

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by villain

Do you honestly think this will work? There's probably as many homos as a fucking prison in the military.

http://www.objector.org/conscription/prove...ml#anchor478570

the major possible exemptions and classifications are:

a minister or divinity student

the sole surviving son of a family whose father, mother or siblings have died as a result of military action

the sole financial or other support to family members who are dependent, elderly, disabled and/or ill

physically or mentally incapable of being in the military

a conscientious objector.

lesbian, gay or bisexual

thank god for flat feet!!!

remember guys WW2 was the GOOD war, so people signed up!

NAM was a bullshit war, so peeps doged the draft hardcore.

if this goes down, the TERROR war will be doged.

also, bush is being a shit on paying bennifits for soldgers (sp?), so peeps is gonna walk out. if you dont pay them to fight, they wont fight.

although, i would like to get my hands on an M-60...good times!

Originally posted by CRAMPS

thank god for flat feet!!!

sorry, that isnt gonna help you.

when you go to MEPS( Military Enlistment Processing Station or Military Entrance Processing Station, i dont remeber), they give you a physical. they make you walk funny and do some other excercises to see how your feet and knees and stuff are. i have flat ass feet, i passed.

Fuck the draft

I hope this shit never happens - But if it does....

Are their any Canadians down to let me squat thier basement?! I seriously dont smell or anything like that, not a drug addict, not even an alkie..Im a goodhearted, strong working human being.

C'mon Effyoo - Let me crash your pad..Ill protect your family from looters, and thugs who illegally cross into your country from my country..

Its a bargain of a deal - (for real, Im expert with the pump-action shotgun, or cattle prod)

This thread is like a big nostalgia trip

All this talk about going to foreign countries and joining the terrorists, LOL. What a trip.

Back in 1970, I was opposed to the Vietnam War in the biggest way. I was an anarchist, and had marched in every anti-war march I could find. I knew Vietnam Veterans Against the War guys from Killeen (Fort Sam Houston) which was a big staging area for Vietnam-bound Army troops. I knew all the local War Resister's League guys, the Trotskyists from "U.S. Out Now!", all the Movement people. I declared myself a conscientious objector, went to the draft board and told them I'd go to prison before I went to Vietnam (what an IDIOT) and they mercifully sent me to work for twenty-four consecutive months alternative service at a rehabilitation hospital for paralyzed men and boys. Boy, did THAT ever suck.

My buddy just said "Fuck it, I ain't going to register." It wasn't that he had religious scruples against the war (he didn't give a shit) or political opposition (Mr. Apathetic), he just didn't care to have his life fucked up by going into the Army. We were surfers. He just moved into his van down at Quintana Beach, near Freeport, Texas. He basically lived like a tramp--fishing, surfing, doing little dope deals with the local Freeport kids.

The FBI started looking for him, but he didn't have an address. His driver's license was sent to his mother's house in Houston. He didn't have a phone (he had a CB in the van), and didn't have a fixed location. Finally, they started canvassing the neighbors. One elderly lady across the street from his mom had lost a son in WWII. The FBI asked her to call them if my buddy showed up to visit his mother. He did, and she called the Feds.

He got arrested and "forcibly inducted" into the Army. He scored very high on the ASVAB (pretty amazing, considering his shitty grades in high school.) After Basic Training, the Army sent him to machinist's school for six months, then he worked on an Air Force base making machined parts for Air Force planes. When he got out (as an official "Vietnam-era veteran") he was highly sought after for machinist's jobs. He went to work for a huge printing company, making parts for their gigantic German printing presses. He's been there pretty much ever since, making huge money. He's wealthy, has a big house, takes Hawaiian vacations, etc.

My other buddy, a biker I used to ride with, HATED the Vietnam War protestors. He did two tours in Vietnam and was trying to volunteer for a third when they kicked him out. He said Vietnam was the biggest party he'd ever been to. Non-stop $5 hookers, more smoke than you can imagine, drunk every night. He was in heaven. "Those fucking communist motherfuckers," he would fume, "all they want to do is FUCK UP A GOOD THING."

One brother-in-law was a Marine Corps infantry platoon commander, the other one an Army air cavalry door gunner. They both returned from Vietnam profoundly changed. The Marine drank heavily and would weep for the five young Marines he lost in Vietnam, and the men from his platoon wounded in action. Of those killed he often said "They will be nineteen years old and brave, forever."

The door gunner married a Korean woman, and fathered two sons, raised in the U.S. She owns a barber shop and is intensely patriotic. My nephews are, sad to say, alienated. They feel rejected by the town they live in, and probably the feeling is mutual, because of their behavior. They are sort of anti-social. The younger one spent several years in Juvenile Detention. The older one got a degree as a filmmaker, but never worked in his field. I cannot really see their problem as racism, because their mother is a popular, successful businesswoman in a very small, conservative town, even though she speaks English with a heavy Korean accent.

The door gunner divorced her, and lives on a small horse ranch, in a cabin that has neither electricity or heat. He is something of a recluse.

Thousands of soldiers are serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. The number of casualties is low, and the risk of becoming a casualty is low. Of course, if YOU get shot, the casualty rate is 100%.

Not everyone is an anti-war vegan graffiti writer, though. I’ve heard stories of mad people enlisting to fight against the nazis. I’m sure, as a Canadian, I would have.

In Dreamworks’ Band of Brothers, two of the WWII veterans were saying that there were people who committed suicide because they really wanted to go fight, but weren’t allowed.

What I find weird is that this Chinese-Canadian guy I used to hang with a lot up here was an American citizen. He was a recluse, of sorts, and did a LOT of drugs, including heroin, cocaine, special k, ghb, etc. He wore all black and had a serious depression problem (he would cut himself from time to time). He was never into politics, but I can guarantee that he hated guys in suits, uniform or otherwise. He joined the American army shortly after the invasion of Afghanistan began. They sent him to Georgia, and not too long after he was up in the fray of things. Pretty lucky guy, he gets to hold a m16 and a berretta for a side arm.

Anyway, he’s on leave right now, and I saw when he came back to visit his old friends from his previous life. He’s completely changed. Anti-Canada, this guy is. Big time pro-Bush. No amount of common sense drilled into his head would change his opinion. Weird. I hope that doesn’t happen to whoever may get drafted in the coming years. Oh, and he says he can’t wait to kill him some more ay-rabs.

At least he doesn’t have the drug problem anymore. I guess the military really can change a mindless youth into a disciplined man, but at what cost? His free thought?

He wouldn’t even let me wipe my ass with Iraqi currency that he had found there and kept. :D

Originally posted by Weapon X

Anyway, he’s on leave right now, and I saw when he came back to visit his old friends from his previous life. He’s completely changed. Anti-Canada, this guy is. Big time pro-Bush. No amount of common sense drilled into his head would change his opinion. Weird. I hope that doesn’t happen to whoever may get drafted in the coming years. Oh, and he says he can’t wait to kill him some more ay-rabs.

At least he doesn’t have the drug problem anymore. I guess the military really can change a mindless youth into a disciplined man, but at what cost? His free thought?

ive heard some of the same stories/people who have come back with a complete different perception. i would guess since your around people 24/7 who are doing the same thing as you (just being in the army ,ect) your pretty much bound to it.

either that, or the US does a pretty good job at brainwashing soldiers into thinking they're doing the right thing. haha.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by SteveAustin

hows your system work Tesseract?

If you moved to the states before you put in your time and then went and visited your parents...could they come take you and force you into the military because you never served your time?

The idea is that its your duty towards the nation to serve time in the army (my dad served 2+years then it was reduced to 18 months for 30 years or so and recently it dropped to 12(air force and navy 2 more months always).

Anyway, you can dogde it but it is illegal of course. I can only have a passport until my postpone is over (mine expires at 2005) and i cant get a new one until i serve my time. There are ways around it but its on the run style. I dont care though..boring as fuck but atleast i wont be in the other side of the world waiting for somebody to blow my head off.

ps. did you ever got my email?

Members of Pacifist Churches

Are NOT automatically exempt. I was a Unitarian-Universalist back in 1969. Some of my fellow Unitarian draft-age young men were called up, and when they said "I am a pacifist, I won't carry a rifle," they were sent to Medic School, and served as combat infantry medics, probably the most dangerous job on earth.

When I lived in Walla Walla, WA, there is a little town close by called College Place. It is like the educational headquarters for the Seventh-Day Adventist Church (the SDA college is called Walla Walla College), which teaches strict pacifism. Their boys were enlisting and REQUESTING combat medic duty.

When I joined the Marine Corps in 1976 (shipped in '77,) and insisted on infantry, I had to sign a document renouncing my former conscientious objector beliefs before they would let me enlist.

I would have made a poor soldier at age 18, but without exaggerating, I was a damned good Marine sergeant at age 30.

*bump* because the other thread got closed, but its an important issue...dude.

persenally, not to worried about the draft. my health sucks, and all i would have to do to land myself in the hospital is eat a bunch of lettuce.

sorry fellas.

Archived