INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by 5iveDee@Nov 1 2005, 10:24 AM

I heard the only way spray paint will work is if you spray it out into a container and swish it arounds a bunch of times for like 1 week. This is only what I heard though.

That's what I do. But, only for a day or so...long enough to let the aerosol leach out of the paint, so the mop doesn't pressurize and foam over.

This shit really works, guys...I just don't like the fumes, however. Masks help, but it still knocks you sideways for a minute, and gets paint all over you in weird places.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok here is the review: So they are good but the lighter colors are not opaque. On the other hand the light colors are good for white areas like insides and bus stops if you pick up a dark blue you could do that anywhere. Buffablilty is medium. It comes off pretty easy from metal and glass but stains walls pretty nicely. There is a huge selection of colors which makes it very nice. I wish i could find a pilot medium that has never had ink in it or something like it. For now i have it in a pen mop. Oh and it doesnt drip and drys in like one-two minutes.

Ok so I tried the spray paint thing. I sprayed about a quarter of a can into a paper cup (out doors) and let it sit for maybe 10-15 minutes, and then poured it into a glass jar with a lid. It’s been closed all night and there’s still no pressure inside the jar. I'm not sure how long you have to let it sit out before you should close the jar, but I haven’t had any problems with the short time I left it. I’ve now poured the paint into a plastic mop, and hopefully it won’t eat through the plastic or do any other crazy shit. The consistency of the paint is nice, and its a lot easier than mixing bucket paint and thinner or any of that other shit. Ill get back to you later.

one of you nerds should go through this entire thread and edit out all the bull shit and stupid repeditave questions then repost it in a different thread or make it a book or someshit but i dont have the patience to read all of this

thatks to you future self in advance

mijsenoj?

alright so i worked with the tria refills some more and i love em. Made a mop out of a pen and have been rocking that shit everywhere. They write on everything and i havent seen anything as cool on a window. The translucents its about the coolest thing I've seen in a while. It carrys a heavy pricetag at 8 bucks a pop but if you do that thing that rhymes with crack well....

Yo Shai, i was just wondering if mixing some red and blue pilot ink with marsh rolmark would be a no go, i know they mix... but will they mix well ya think? thanks man? also, if your not too busy pm me a list of what your selling, and prices and shit, im definitely willing to buy some stuff from you... i just need to know what you are selling... im pretty sure your stash must be nice... I also have something you might be interested in... i tried to send you a pm but your box is full... so yeah let me know, thanks.

Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Oct 19 2005, 03:50 PM

i made ink from ball point pens before. its pretty ill but you need to use a lot of pens to make anything worth it. i mixed some reds blues and blacks and came out witha sick purple and it stained good and when painted over it would come through sometimes

i used some shitty rubbing alcohol (50%) by the way

Just made some of this with red pens shit stains really hard I cant get it off my hands. Why do I always forget to wear gloves? :rolleyes:

anyone know what that purple industrial ink is...stains metal and plastic reall deep.

its a small bottle with a real simple black and white label

oh and spray paint in markers is straight, silver with a little paint thinner is a great way to revitalize your old deco colors.

and as far as black ink goes to stain...boil down marsh so that its thick and use it..mad simple, but easier if you get a coleman stove and do it in the back yard, your shit will stink for a grip otherwise

Originally posted by MAR+Nov 8 2005, 02:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Nov 8 2005, 02:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TeezerPHM@Oct 19 2005, 03:50 PM

i made ink from ball point pens before. its pretty ill but you need to use a lot of pens to make anything worth it. i mixed some reds blues and blacks and came out witha sick purple and it stained good and when painted over it would come through sometimes

i used  some shitty rubbing alcohol (50%) by the way

Just made some of this with red pens shit stains really hard I cant get it off my hands. Why do I always forget to wear gloves? :rolleyes:

[/b]

told you shit is hot if you get enough ink together.....yeah i hate forgetting gloves.. since ive forgot so much i doint even think of putting gloves on recently

yeh thats kind how i am too, but my hands look like i got in a fight with a makeup artist.

I made a nice ink last week but I need a nice white base. The thing im using is utter shyte. does anyone know where i can get on? is there white griffin or flebbings? all ive seen is brown and black and 6 dollars.

Originally posted by metropolitanmayhem@Nov 9 2005, 06:10 AM

to get the ink from the pens do u just blow on the other side of the tube so the ink comes out... if so i did this with like 15 pens and got jack shit, might as well just go buy ink

yeh thats what i did. did you take everything off so its just the ink tube?

Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Nov 8 2005, 11:12 PM

yo mar yeah theres white griffin but its some weird shit cuz it like doesnt stain but mix some blue griffin and some white griffin an have some hot shit

Is there anything that makes a nice white base its driving me crazy trying to find one.

Originally posted by MAR+Nov 9 2005, 12:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Nov 9 2005, 12:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TeezerPHM@Nov 8 2005, 11:12 PM

yo mar yeah theres white griffin but its some weird shit cuz it like doesnt stain but mix some blue griffin and some white griffin an have some hot shit

Is there anything that makes a nice white base its driving me crazy trying to find one.

[/b]

you tried white bucket paint?

Originally posted by snake_tooth@Nov 14 2005, 12:43 AM

that stuffs well old. i got sum punch leather dye and when i tried it out it takes ages to dry. i touched it after a day and it smuged, seems shit to me. does anyone know if its any good?

To this there is but a simple solution.

Don't use dyes (Griffin, Punch, Feibings, etc...) alone. Sure, they might stain, but they suck. Use dyes strictly as a base to your ink recipe, take it from me :chicken: