INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Nigga thats a foot....[/color][/center]

hahaha :D

from the inventory thread...

how i mixed my metallic army green.

Probably the most thrifty ass way to get/mix paint for mops:

so i finaly got my hands on one of those generic squeeze mop type bottles at hobby lobby, but i had nothing to rock in it cuz i was tired of ghetto krink. So i decided to try to mix a metallic color. i got my ghetto krink, and a can of green paint from the dollar general. i got one of my mixing caps(those might be the heaviest caps in the history of the planet) and a heavy piece of metal, then let the can spray upside down on its own by putting the metal on it while it was upside down until it stopped spraying.

then i got a nail and hammer, a large screw, and a screwdriver.

i popped two holes in opposite sides in the rim of the can. one to pour out of it, and another to let the air flow. i enlarged the pouring hole with the screw, and poured it into a coke bottle with a funnel.(there is not a lot of paint in a can, most of the weight is compressed air). i the cap back on, and shook it and opened it to let gas release for about an hour. (its not so bad when your watching TV) so when no more gas released,i cut a soda bottle in half to use as a mixing bowl. got my ghetto krink and my green formerly spraypaint (dollar store paint doesnt need thinning!:D) and mixed the two. i cant remember the ratios :(, but i ended up getting a metallic military green. im happy with it though.

If your going to be mixing your own paints for mops and markers, i suggest you store them in glue bottles(depending on how big. my batch wasnt that much after i filled the mop. maybe i could fill it twice more. because when you want to refill it, you just unscrew and squeeze. and yes, i did steal that idea from the junobo bottle with the glue tip picture in one of these threads. and if you want a specific color, try using a mixing chart.

good luck,

-sk8er6

Also, I want to make a really bright green paint. Like, sea green.

Kinda like this20061111032743!GreenPaintBucketRome.jpg

But a lot brighter. I was thinking about using spray paint, and just doing what sk8r6 did and add a little white oil based paint. Make sense? Any tips?

Ask rouge, he makes mad colours.