INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yes sir i do know that. But hey haha i cant find any by where i live so yeah i gota buy some. also like it was mentioned before, the nibs are different so yeah. If i can find a place that sells em believe me i woulda have already been racking them. So for now im stuck to buying them

White DED is out there and its outdoorsmen status. So far, only us dudes in NYC can get it and later it will be available to everyone else on the planet. and to add a note to oinks inks, i remember the purple being made/whatever but im pretty sure the newer shit is more purple stain then the first mix. correct me if im wrong oinkster. also oinker, get back to me on that pm i sent. woooot i'm phsyched man, vaudeville nigga, have other action flicks of the other colors. so far it is pearl (metallic white), graphite (metallic black), and the nuclear yellow (yellow with fuorescent tint [still working on name fo that one])

P.s. don't jock the colors or names buddies, all love over here and no disses but yo, thats all me on them names and mixes.

say, tell me where you rack potassium permanganate, methylene blue or gentian violet powder.

and that's only the well known ingredients i'm putting in... plus i've got a black big toe from ink that spilled over and went through my nikes and socks... i spill ounces because i'm pouring from a 5 gallon drum into 2 gal container... and a line of purple on my face from the airborn powder while mixing, it's only a line on my face because i wised up and wear a good respirator now, had a purple nose for 2 days enough times... i earn every penny i make on the measly dollars i ask, and use it as an additive to your own racked ink blends, it's worth every penny. you can steal swisher sweets if you want, but sometimes i just gotta buy a dutch and do it like a baller does.

bumpumpumpump

White DED is out there and its outdoorsmen status. So far, only us dudes in NYC can get it and later it will be available to everyone else on the planet. and to add a note to oinks inks, i remember the purple being made/whatever but im pretty sure the newer shit is more purple stain then the first mix. correct me if im wrong oinkster. also oinker, get back to me on that pm i sent. woooot i'm phsyched man, vaudeville nigga, have other action flicks of the other colors. so far it is pearl (metallic white), graphite (metallic black), and the nuclear yellow (yellow with fuorescent tint [still working on name fo that one])

P.s. don't jock the colors or names buddies, all love over here and no disses but yo, thats all me on them names and mixes.

should be called GRAFFite not graphite ;)

from BS

beegrimeytag4qb.jpg

this is this season's homeade walnut ink...

this picture is of it buffed....

You can see in background, those were trial and error...

....this ish is beelicious!

does anyone have the goods on this ish?

or is it the same recipe that you see on all those archiving and quil ink pages when you hit up "the google"?

what im asking is, did he/she add something to the classic "boil ripe/rotten walnuts for 2 days, add lamp black if you want" recipe, or is this straight up walnuts?

and where can i easily rack a hot plate from? :D

from BS

does anyone have the goods on this ish?

or is it the same recipe that you see on all those archiving and quil ink pages when you hit up "the google"?

what im asking is, did he/she add something to the classic "boil ripe/rotten walnuts for 2 days, add lamp black if you want" recipe, or is this straight up walnuts?

and where can i easily rack a hot plate from? :D

you can get a hot plate fron rite aid shit is eazy as fuck to rack there

also skater 6 im going to try this as soon as i get some walnuts i will let you know how it goes and i found this if it helps

STAINING

WALNUT STAIN RECIPE:

Let your walnuts start to dry until they get dark spots. You can either boil them whole but I think breaking them into pieces helps the color leech better. Fill an enamel pan to cover your nuts boil for an hour or until you get a nice rich color. I let mine sit over night in the pan. Strain thru cheese cloth or whatever you have a couple of times to get the chunkies out. If you make a large quantity you are going to want to freeze your solution. It will go rancid and get smelly and moldy!

the peple on the forum said it stains everything but i suggest leaving it in long at least thats what the other recipes i found said

Nah i haven't fucked with the white DED or bought it yet OINK. Don't really think I will because I haven't been buying much lately and mostly working on my shit. Though, when it did come out, I had some pretty sick white so i did not think i really needed it as the outdoorsmen is an oil based mixture. No diss to shaun, his shits hot just i would rather cop hit indoors shit because it stains pretty damn good.

also skater 6 im going to try this as soon as i get some walnuts i will let you know how it goes and i found this if it helps

STAINING

WALNUT STAIN RECIPE:

Let your walnuts start to dry until they get dark spots. You can either boil them whole but I think breaking them into pieces helps the color leech better. Fill an enamel pan to cover your nuts boil for an hour or until you get a nice rich color. I let mine sit over night in the pan. Strain thru cheese cloth or whatever you have a couple of times to get the chunkies out. If you make a large quantity you are going to want to freeze your solution. It will go rancid and get smelly and moldy!

the peple on the forum said it stains everything but i suggest leaving it in long at least thats what the other recipes i found said

smooth-nuts looking out again!

thanks man, i waiting to some nuts, too. they say you can add a few drops of lysol or a tablespoon of alcohol to keep it from going mouldy.

ok, heres a story from my earlier child-hood.

i was 5, learning to ride a bike, and i fucked up my arm pretty good(cut it).

so i took my owie to my mom, and she put iodine on it, and some spilled on the tile counter. no one cleaned it up, and there's still a brown stain there, almost 12 years later. nothing can get that shit off. so im guessing you can add some iodine to prevent molding and add a little stain power.

anyone else have something to say on iodine?

lol, smooth-nuts needs more of those smooth-nuts to make ink.

think about it.

iodine turns blue/black when it comes into contact with starch so anything you write on that has starch in it eg. wood should look pretty nice. Other stuff just gets stained yellowy brown but im not sure how good a stain it is. I added some to some ink batches i made and i couldnt tell if it made any difference....