INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Wouldn't matter anyway. It's not illegal to talk about

making ink that will stain better. At least it's not yet.

Plus there isn't much we are discussing that anyone

couldn't figure out, after a while, if they really wanted to.

Only time I am worried about cops, on the internet, is when

they break the law, because it's the internet and its possible

to lie about their identities, when they try and start shit by dry

snitching on other writers to stir shit up to make it easier to

catch them, or when they lerk around asking stupid obvious

questions. On here... I don't really care. You will never know

who is and who ain't, but you still come on here.

Besides... they lerk the photo threads, and that's dangerous.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok, well the wait is finally over for the purple, although I'm pretty pissed :mad: off about it. This pic does not show the color at all, my paint is basically Garvey colored, but looks blue in this pic. I put it on cardboard with a piece of paper so it doesn't look great, but oh well. Just picture Garvey, a bit lighter, and made of paint. When I get some action shots. hopefully you can see the color better. Sorry guys, but oh well.

PB230368.jpg

Look at a Pic of GARVEY for better color match. :(

alright.

this is me bringing up the ballpoint pen ink.

i noticed a lot of oldshool and 19th century inks had gum arabic in it, and i see that shit on candy labels and was like, wtf?, so i cracked open a dictionary (dramatic gasp!) and found the definiton of it. it says that it used in confectionaries(sweets) and adhesives and waterbased.

also, some inks lack bonders. gum arabic is a bonder, but unfortunately, its water based.

im wondering if there's any other type of bonder that is preferably not waterbased that i can get my hands on locally to add to ballpoint pen ink to make it last in weather? (well, for atleast 3 weeks). i used to use scotch guard, but i got tired of that shit. i was thinking a clear acrylic, it works on wheatpastes, and that might be the most waterbased permanent thing in graffiti. the reason im bringing this up again is because i absolutetly loved the red ink i mixed up, and wanted more of that color, but with permanence.

also to OINK

sweet jesus teh mops!

and at under $3!

ill pm you about that later when im not stuck with a dial up connection.

and have you considered trying to have your ink stocked at the rec shop? it's a lil' graff shop on lower greenville and ross. REC SHOP

just for you skag :)

I figured I would post this aswell. This is a pink ink my friend and I have been working on for a while. I just wrote up with it at a restuarant and the people there were pissed about it. You could smell the buff chemicals in part of the place. I'll have to see how the buff is, but this is still being worked on. Next time I go, I'll check it out and see the results of the buff. Let me know what you think.

PB240371.jpg

Ps- It's on cardboard that looks like wood, not actual wood.

Edit- Don't worry Smooth-Nuts. The new pics will be up tomorrow!