INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

http://www.publicbookshelf.com/public_html/The_Household_Cyclopedia_of_General_Information/howdoyou_ccj.html

_Indestructible Ink for Resisting the Action of Corrosive Substances._

On many occasions it is of importance to employ an ink indestructible by any process, and will not equally destroy the material on which it is applied. For black ink, 25 grs. of copal in powder, are to be dissolved in 200 grs. of oil of lavender, by the assistance of a gentle heat, and are then to be mixed with 2 1/2 grs. of lampblack and 1/2 gr. of indigo; for red ink use 120 grs. of oil of lavender, 17 grs. of Copal, and 60 grains of vermilion. A little oil of lavender or of turpentine may be added if the ink be found too thick. A mixture of genuine asphaltum dissolved in oil of turpentine or benzine, amber varnish and lampblack, would be still superior.

This ink is particularly useful in labelling phials, etc. containing chemical or corrosive substances.

i think this is an oilbased ink....

i might try it out.

should be fun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hope to make asdf_va! proud with this.

I mixed some of my own paint 2 nights ago. Just some basic Yellow Rusto with thinner and clear polyurethane. I didn't see anything about using the clear polyurethane here. And it looks hella good. No exact meausurements though. Sorry niggys.

(no, not my name)

jawn858.jpg

Hey I'm a bit of a newb in the artform, but im really into tagging with fat tipp markers. I have a question about Grog ink. I see a lot of brake fluid being used in ink reccipies, can i just use that stuff to add sort of cut the ink to make more of it? Or do i need to add other shit to it?

Hey I'm a bit of a newb in the artform, but im really into tagging with fat tipp markers. I have a question about Grog ink. I see a lot of brake fluid being used in ink reccipies, can i just use that stuff to add sort of cut the ink to make more of it? Or do i need to add other shit to it?

cop

The DOT3 isn't for staining.

Just leaves a greasy cloud around the tag.

Cops gotta get up too!

Dear BitofaNewb,

No. Do not add dot3 to extend your grog ink.

To be honest... The only thing that you can add to

grog to make more... is another oil based ink.

Check the first page of this thread to find some

cheaper solutions for making your own ink/paint. It

won't be easy, but if you read the first page, and really

READ the first page, you won't have to many questions

to ask. Try it out.

Sincerely,

Asdf_va!

^^ you obviously never seen Grog ink to think it's an oil based ink....

Don't mix brakefluid with any ink, it's useless and worth shit. Wanna make more of your Grog, the only solution is mixing it with other alcohol based ink. Execept real good ink, I don't suggest you mix Grog cuz it's already a great quality ink....

example of "other good alcohol based ink" : Oink, Do em dirty INSIDEJOB (not outdoorsman), Nero, Some marsh, Fiebing leather dye, corio, garvey....

try it out yourself, give back some comments on the forum....

alright.

this is me bringing up the ballpoint pen ink.

i noticed a lot of oldshool and 19th century inks had gum arabic in it, and i see that shit on candy labels and was like, wtf?, so i cracked open a dictionary (dramatic gasp!) and found the definiton of it. it says that it used in confectionaries(sweets) and adhesives and waterbased.

also, some inks lack bonders. gum arabic is a bonder, but unfortunately, its water based.

im wondering if there's any other type of bonder that is preferably not waterbased that i can get my hands on locally to add to ballpoint pen ink to make it last in weather? (well, for atleast 3 weeks). i used to use scotch guard, but i got tired of that shit. i was thinking a clear acrylic, it works on wheatpastes, and that might be the most waterbased permanent thing in graffiti. the reason im bringing this up again is because i absolutetly loved the red ink i mixed up, and wanted more of that color, but with permanence.

also to OINK

sweet jesus teh mops!

and at under $3!

ill pm you about that later when im not stuck with a dial up connection.

and have you considered trying to have your ink stocked at the rec shop? it's a lil' graff shop on lower greenville and ross. REC SHOP

The DOT3 isn't for staining.

Just leaves a greasy cloud around the tag.

Cops gotta get up too!

Dear BitofaNewb,

No. Do not add dot3 to extend your grog ink.

To be honest... The only thing that you can add to

grog to make more... is another oil based ink.

Check the first page of this thread to find some

cheaper solutions for making your own ink/paint. It

won't be easy, but if you read the first page, and really

READ the first page, you won't have to many questions

to ask. Try it out.

Sincerely,

Asdf_va!

Thanks bro, I probably should have done that first, haha :D .

I got an old buddy of mine who writes so i may hit him up and see what he's got going on.

Oh and by the way, i'm not a cop. And i know if i WAS a cop, i'd probably say that anyway.. but whatever.. i guess it doesnt really matter o_o