INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

NYC subways - what is truly permanent ???

I have been hitting these mothafuckas with everything I've got and they keep cleaning the bitches!

I hit everything I can think of in the station and on the platform and I do the same inside the train....but they keep removing my shit (sometimes they smudge it but it's mostly usually removed...)

Is acetone a better additive for permanence? Or is xylol (pure xylene0 ?

Also, which one of the graffiti removers (Oops, GooBeGone, etc...) is pure xylene ?

what is actually permanent on the panels inside the trains? Help me out here....

Fiebings is not, neither is Griffin. Unless there is a major difference between Edge Dye and Leather Dye / Suede Dye ? Is Kelly's leather dye any good? Someone please school me on the nuances of leather dyes, suede dyes, edge dressings, etc....which colors are most damaging, etc...which brands are best...what's the best additive/cut (xylene, acetone, other inks, etc...?) to shoe dyes.... ??

I still have yet to get Garvey XT-30 violet....I am looking forward to getting my hands on the Garvey violet because I heard that they definitely can't remove that from the panels. Garvey XT-30 black is trash...they removed that in a heartbeat off the steel on the side of a payphone --> AND i had mixed the Garvey XT-30 black with Fiebings black and Witches Brew black and Pilot black !!

What else is similar to Garvey XT-30 violet ?...? .... Like completely 100% unfuckwittable ??

I've already tried Montana (silver, lime green, and pink), Pilot (black and red), Smash (silver and pink), Krink blue, Griffin (black and green) {<--FUCKING TRASH THAT GRIFFIN IS!!}, Wiches Brew, etc....

So what I have on my TO-GET list right now...top 2 priorities are Garvey XT-30 Violet and Marsh T-Grade in black OR white .... trying to decide which color to get --> any suggestions? Black Marsh T-Grade or White Marsh T-Grade? Or should I get a certain color of the other grade of Marsh (K-Grade) ?

Also, is the Marsh 99 marker worth all that money for a marker made out of metal?

Keep up the good work guys! Smash all lines !!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I feel your pain, the buff is rough where I live too. But sadly, this something that a lot of people don't understand, there is no such thing as an unbuffable ink. It sounds like you have hit that station with every ink you can get your hands on, some stronger than others, and they've all been removed. My best guess is that they have multiple removers for ink, and they use them all on every tag you do. Believe you this: if somebody wants to buff a tag of yours, they will buff it.

It doesn't sound like you've ever tried Oink Ink. My favorite ink to use that's not my homemade ink is Oink mixed with black Pilot.

As far as the stain removers and their bases, you can look that up on Google no problem. Wikipedia, even.

A lot of your questions about dyes and inks can only be answered by you through trial and error.

The Marsh 99 Marker is an extremely durable marker. I'll be honest though, I'd much rather rack and empty a whole bunch of markers from say Michael's for free than pay that much for a marker. Spend your money on what you need the most.

Just got done doing some expirements and got what I was looking for and found out that when using the thinner paint makes the drips to run down faster there for making them cross each other and making them look zig zaged. And when using the thick one makes the drips come down slower and there for being thick causes to add weight on the drips and pulls them straight down but slower. This also bay be different deppending on what surface you may be using your product.

Marsh T Grade and Garvey is pretty dope to use. In the Chi ya shit is gonna get buff regradless, I've seen the shit they use to remove ink and paint and you got to wear gloves or it'll fuck your hands up. Transit Authorities have gotten smater by the day.

Re: NYC subways - what is truly permanent ???

I've already tried Montana (silver, lime green, and pink), Pilot (black and red), Smash (silver and pink), Krink blue, Griffin (black and green) {<--FUCKING TRASH THAT GRIFFIN IS!!}, Wiches Brew, etc....

my man...

decent buncha questions until you hit this part of your post. here's what i would suggest:

-pilot ink is good stuff. believe me. pilot+garvey is fucking magic.

-montana paint markers are a waste of time. smash ink is too. it ain't ink. ink is dark, paint has color. paint is NEVER as permanent as ink.

-krink... :rolleyes:

-never tried witches brew

-if you hit stainless steel or the majority of perfectly smooth surfaces your tags will be removed. the ink can't penetrate the surface. this goes for glass, some metals, and most plastics.

-there is no such thing as permanent ink.. if you hit harder spots to buff then you may run longer. i know the feeling though. i used to blast metro cars with pilots pretty regularly in high school and only once caught something running again...

Lighter fluid is great for one thing......... lighters.

Don't put anything in your ink other than ink related substances. None of those types of things you can add (lighter fluid, 100 octane, or fish oil) will make your ink stronger.

Don't come all on this thread asking if you can put something in your ink or asking if some liquid works. Search the thread first for questions, then just skim through the thread. By that time you'll figure out that the best ink is typically the simplest ink. You're not going to discover something new and exclusive by throwing lighter fluid and other random shit in your ink mix. Seriously. If anything related to inks is positive and helpful, if you search for it in this thread, you will find it. If you search for something in this thread and the results you get are people talking about how dumb it is, you should probably not ask any more questions.

• Like 1

any ideas on a solid paint recipe? trying to make homemade streak

This has been said before, but you more than anybody else need to search "homemade streak" in this thread. I'm pretty sure a solid recipe/How-To was posted a while ago.

It may have been the Marker Thread now that I think about it. And also, just as a warning, I believe the process involves a lot of chemicals if you're trying to use oil-based paint. It also involves heat I'm pretty sure, so again, as a warning, I'm pretty sure the process is 1. extremely dangerous and 2. not worth the time and effort.

i was able to trade some stuff around and got my hands on 3 new brown sakura streaks and a good ammount of Griffin AllWite shoe polish. Shit is i've wasted a good ammount of it trying to thin it down to a good mix. And it seems the thinners i've tried make it too opaque. Any suggestions anyone?

Re: NYC subways - what is truly permanent ???

what is actually permanent on the panels inside the trains? Help me out here....

Fiebings is not, neither is Griffin.

!

DUDE YOU DONT KNOW SHIT. GRIFFIN IS THE ULTIMATE BOMBING TOOL.ITS NOT CRAP..

I STILL HAVE STAINERS RIDING FROM LOOONG BEFORE THEY STOPPED SELLING IT.

MARK ASS BUSTER! I WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON SOME....

i was able to trade some stuff around and got my hands on 3 new brown sakura streaks and a good ammount of Griffin AllWite shoe polish. Shit is i've wasted a good ammount of it trying to thin it down to a good mix. And it seems the thinners i've tried make it too opaque. Any suggestions anyone?

AND ON THE OTHER HAND..YOU CAN WIPE WHITE GRIF OFF WITH WATER.

no, you're right, it's definitely a beast of its own. you have to use it fresh, like mix it and use it that night. i mixed mineral spirits and one shot and the one shot just absorbed or killed the thinner over time. i don't even know exactly what happened. it also did mean things to the plastic in the marker i used.. i dunno what to tell ya.

the shit that i did pop with it looked good though.. it dries to a nice color and finish and is weatherproof as stone

Really? This is very simple. Just use the 1 Shot reducer appropriate for your climate. Trying to thin 1 Shot with anything else will result in your crying.

Be seeing you.

• Like 1

new to the whole 12oz scene..heres a bitumen recipe for disasterous bombing..

asphault roofing caulk..thin with ebony minwax til u have a good soup goin on..add some black rusto..keep on thinning til its rite..i dont take measurements nemore..good for mops..not recomended for pump makers..