INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Adernaline

oh come on man.

what are street signs made out of?

what are wooden benches made out of???

different metal shit in the city looks like its all the same type of metal, but lots of it is made of different kinds of metals, garvey works on some and not on others, i wanna know specifically what have you guys hit that got stained with garvey....

hey, i'm new i past 2 days reading all replys, i'm from brazil and here i can't find a good ink to put in my markers, it's hard to order corio, nero...

i wanna know between these all recipes which one is the best and the easier. thanks

Originally posted by ARCEL

having a mop made of squeezable material is usefull, don't make up stuff when you don't know for a fact

i believe you missed the point.

chumba said, "if you need to squeeze your mop you arent doing it right."

meaning if your mop's ink flow is bad enough that you gotta be squeezing that shit out everytime you use it, then you didnt construct the nib right.

i like sqeezie mops just as much as the next guy, trust me, but a really good mop is one that wants to drip on its own.

for me, squeezing a mop is for dramatic effect in certain areas of a tag, its not something i want to do all the way through with every tag i cop.

i do agree with you too though, all my most used mops are squeezable.

Originally posted by DK VU DK

I've never seen a homemade pen that could drip without applying at least a little pressure to the container..

I wish I could post pictures of my homemade beauty.. I call her The Destroyer.. She's got a 3 inch diameter on the nib:D

your toy go away, no one names their pens.

Originally posted by Gates@Oct 8 2004, 01:22 PM

my mops flow fine and drip like a bitch when i want it too..you must have control over your mop..if it just randomly does shit then somethings wrongo..WRONGO

Now whenever I make a mop it usually has really shitty flow or it just fuckin leaks all over the place, or the nib falls out. But usually its the previous. So mmy question is how can i improve the flow quality on my mops? Maybe someone could post detailed insturctions on how to make a nice mop, and i dont mean like a. get a container b. fill it with ink c. fold a piece of chalkboard eraser in half and stick it in the top, cause i know all that. if someone could provide some actual help i would seriously appreciate it.

your lucky im nice :king:

MopMaking1.jpg

MopMaking2.jpg

MopMaking3.jpg

MopMaking4.jpg

MopMaking5.jpg

MopMaking6.jpg

i dont know if this will help you improve flow quality or whatever, but try making a mop like that one. i dont know what kind of nib your using but thats probably the problem. if its a sock/sponge then thats definitley why. gank a chalk eraser from school. the good thing about using a roll on deodorant for a mop is that there is a platform inside of it to keep the ball from falling in, which will also keep your nib from falling in. i dont wrap my erasers too tight but enough so it stays in place if i turn it upside down. i only use mops for one night then chuck them anyway because i rack about 50 of those containers at once and you can get about 6 nibs with one chalk eraser. hope i helped.

heroin dart

i was bored the other day, n i mixed a bit of red wine into one of my own made mix, n it improved the stain quite a bit

A little bit of seltzer water will get that right out. :idea:

First of all thank you for posting your image thing again. And your comments. It was probobly the nib i was using. I have tried many different things, socks, sheets of felt rolled up, chalkbord erasers, etc. but although some flow better than others none of them have ever givin me a drip or even flowed out without squeezing the container except for a pilot mop but that one flowed way too much and wouldnt stop leaking all over the place like when i took the top off it would go everywhere.

Second I have read this and the marker mod thread front to back a few times and i always stay updated on posts here. I forgot about his tutorial and it was a little too specific because i am using different containers. And gates your pretty damn annoying dont assume shit.

Kiwis kick ass thats what i mostly use for a mop but if i try to put some other kind of nib on it it doesnt flow well. I need to get some chalk erasers or some shit.