seti heard something...

SIELOETTE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm I wonder how long it is until corporations tag on to how popular these 'crop circles' are.. and we start seeing Nike® tick crop circles.. ha.

Ah, it's already been done sorta. Rese peanut butter cups had a crop circlen tv commercial campaign a long time ago. It had the crazy scientist with the meatl detector....

Anyway The circular crop circle patterns are really quite impressive and beautiful. I also like the Giant one http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

Have any of you design geeks (if there are any on this board) ever see the Jacob Neilson/giant shirt. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

Originally posted by dukeofyork:

thats no alien...thats andre the giant's face!!!

don't be a fuckin kook jughead, he's already a giant, is it that hard to believe he's an alien too? ...dingus...

------------------

2 Can Sam

So I just had a thought...If those images were sent out into space as stated...and then they were actually made into crop circles...Is it possible that they send those images via radio waves, or frquencies to sattellite, the satellite then uses laser technology to compress the image into a field of hay?...It seems very logical to me.

The crop circles are not hand made..meaning done by people in a field stopming down pieces with rope and a stick.They are done with some sort of technological tools...lasers, electromagnetic beams, etc...in my opinion.

The technology that exists is beyond our wildest dreams, yet is withheld from the public..due to "future shock"..we will be weened slowly by way of conditioning to accept these things.In 30 years we will be immersed in a fully virtual reality lifestyle..everything will be computer enhanced, robots will be normal,chips will be available for a wide variety of uses.Many will have chips smaller than a grain of rice inside them,...the list goes on..this is real...not sci fi.

Aliens are only humans from the future.We were never alone.

[This message has been edited by Retired Hasbeen (edited 08-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Retired Hasbeen:

So I just had a thought...If those images were sent out into space as stated...and then they were actually made into crop circles...Is it possible that they send those images via radio waves, or frquencies to sattellite, the satellite then uses laser technology to compress the image into a field of hay?...It seems very logical to me.

The crop circles are not hand made..meaning done by people in a field stopming down pieces with rope and a stick.They are done with some sort of technological tools...lasers, electromagnetic beams, etc...in my opinion.

The technology that exists is beyond our wildest dreams, yet is withheld from the public..due to "future shock"..we will be weened slowly by way of conditioning to accept these things.In 30 years we will be immersed in a fully virtual reality lifestyle..everything will be computer enhanced, robots will be normal,chips will be available for a wide variety of uses.Many will have chips smaller than a grain of rice inside them,...the list goes on..this is real...not sci fi.

Aliens are only humans from the future.We were never alone.

goodness.

you really believe that people have rigged up large laser beams to compress the wheat or grasses to make these shapes????!!!!

damn dood....................i'm sorry, but that is so ridiculous.

..there is no way that is going on.............

i have seen people make a massive, perfectly symmetrical design with a board with rope on it. its not aliens. not some government conspiracy shit.

its takes a few good hours and a few people under dark.

if one group can and has done it several times, other 'unexplained' ones have been executed by people as well. facts.

i agree with your speculations on technology.

for real there is some crazy shit right now. if you think about the stealth bomber, that technology was available at the end of the 70's.......so one

could imagine what is goin' on now with the increased computational power.......

i half agree with the rest of it too.......robots are gonna be here no doubt.

the next 50 years is going to drastically change everything...

whether we'll be fully immersed all the time in vr i don't know about that....

but...........here's my little prediction.

whats going to happen is computers will rival human brain processing in the next 30 years, maybe sooner.

after that its going to get really interesting. robots will already be fully intergrated by that time with pretty hefty cpu's themselves. androids will be a reality.

eventually we'll be so reliant on computers and robots that they will have an edge and for us to stay viable in this world in evolutionary and competitive terms, we'll have to merge with our technologies. its already happening. some dood a few years ago had a chip implanted into his brain. the brains synapses grew onto the chip and now he can conference with a computer when he needs something(he a vegetable in a wheelchair)..just think about that for a sec..............fuckin' insane.

not to mention dood with the artificial heart in the news lately.

obviously alot is speculation right now, but its educated speculation based on everything thats going on in all these tentacled industries. and alot of these industry insiders aren't even speculating, they are flat out telling us its going to happen.

and given our nature and past, its seems inevitable.

believe.

here is a huge resource that everyone should spend some time reconnoitering: http://www.kurzweilai.net/index.html?flash=2

Guest imported_Tesseract

When 1984 was written in 1949 it seemed to everyone like the worst nightmare mankind could ever have.

Now we got Big Brother playing in all western world,and a bunch of idiots willing to participate in that nightmare since an even greater bunch of idiots is willing to watch.

Clockwork orange worked the same way, violence with no reason frightened people that have kids that now watch beavis and butthead.

Asimov's work inspired so many computer geeks

,among them is Gates,That it would be imposible not to be talking about robots now that almost everyone owns a PC.

All i am saying is that our destruction or salvation or even our theories of evolution have to do a lot with what is concidered an issue over the years,for orwell could be facsism for Kubric could be hippies for asimov could be science.

I am saying all this because the whole discussion on robots and implanted chips seems so out of focus to me.We are talking about robots cause we deal everyday with what looks like them(computers and gadgets)which we consume.It seems like a marketing thing if you concider that all these are way to expensive and way to primitive compared to its biological version.

Who wants to build intelligent robots when he can clone and evolve humans?

Originally posted by Tesseract:

I am saying all this because the whole discussion on robots and implanted chips seems so out of focus to me.We are talking about robots cause we deal everyday with what looks like them(computers and gadgets)which we consume.It seems like a marketing thing if you concider that all these are way to expensive and way to primitive compared to its biological version.

Who wants to build intelligent robots when he can clone and evolve humans?

....your argument seems a kinda moot to me...i think its a good thing to think that way........but..

i mean....we have this stuff, its here, these things are happening, and thats just the way it is.. alot of people want to build intelligent robots whether you believe that or not. alot of people want them to build them too. there are immense advantages, which may be arguable to some people, depending on alot of things i won't blather on about...

the biology stuff is going to get crazy too....i agree and i think thats a path that will definitely be explored, and is maybe the better option as far as the evolution stuff, but if you look at how reliant we are on machines today, i can't see it realistically stopping...and even if we did try to do away with computers and all that stuff, the costs would be enormous and totally unfeasible......so....whats going to happen? we'll keep chugging forward, with smarter and smarter machines, and a larger proliferation of them with increasing dependance on them...

remember robots aren't new either. they have been in the consciousness before 'gadgets' and computers(in our modern sense) really took off. i think building something in our own image has been something we've worked towards for years....

i don't know, this is just my opinion...

anyhow...this is starting to get way off the original thread...

Are we all really so stupid that we think the only other way "alien life" can exsist is if they come streaking into our planet on an oversized labtop? What makes us so sure, that they have the same perception devices, and thus are able to read the same radiowaves and frequency's we emit into space? Let me ask you this, do you think a blind man would perceive you the same as a man with full sight? What about a blind, deaf man? What about a man who couldn't see, hear, touch, smell or taste anything? Would you even exsist to him? What if instead of the 5 senses we have, he had 20 that we couldn't even fathom? If we couldn't hear him, we couldn't see him, we couldn't feel him around us, we couldn't smell or taste him, then would he exsist? Because I think there could be alien's on mars, and on every planet, probably whole colony's who live in the sun.. but they're nothing like us, we never even notice eachother. I think when we disocover the unknown it won't be through any of the senses we know, it will be from a subconcious energy all around us.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

definetly good words TOW! i agree 100% they could be in a "ghost like form" all around us at any time. i also like whoever wrote that aliens were humans from the future...why study history in a book when you can go on a field trip?

Guest imported_Tesseract

There is a similar theory about dimensions to.

I think duchamp said that our whole 3 dimensional existance and perception could be the shadow of a 4 dimensional system and on and on.

Originally posted by Razorewolf:

Hey, im new to this but i think this little forum is interesting. I've been doing some research on these, "crop circles" they say that some are of human origin but some are unexplained. For instance they can tell which ones are "man-made" by searching the crop circles for broken plants, some of the foliage would of been damaged some how if humans trampled on it or if any "device" was used. The "unexplained" crop circles have undesturbed plants, as if they were gently laid down one plant at a time. No breaks, no pressure marks, no nothing.

no. crop circles were a big mystery until 1991 when the two old english geezers confessed to doing all of em, and had a press conference demonstrating how crop circles were made. they made a crop circle in front of everyone identicle to all the ones previously found--"no breaks, no pressuremarks, no nothing". after this other people started doing the circles, some are sloppy, some are done carefully. certain media types wanted to continue making money on this story so they said some are man made, some are unexplained. the experienced ones make 'em "no breaks, no pressuremarks, no nothing", and novices leave tracks and breaks and pressure marks.

thats the truth

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !:

Are we all really so stupid that we think the only other way "alien life" can exsist is if they come streaking into our planet on an oversized labtop? What makes us so sure, that they have the same perception devices, and thus are able to read the same radiowaves and frequency's we emit into space? Let me ask you this, do you think a blind man would perceive you the same as a man with full sight? What about a blind, deaf man? What about a man who couldn't see, hear, touch, smell or taste anything? Would you even exsist to him? What if instead of the 5 senses we have, he had 20 that we couldn't even fathom? If we couldn't hear him, we couldn't see him, we couldn't feel him around us, we couldn't smell or taste him, then would he exsist? Because I think there could be alien's on mars, and on every planet, probably whole colony's who live in the sun.. but they're nothing like us, we never even notice eachother. I think when we disocover the unknown it won't be through any of the senses we know, it will be from a subconcious energy all around us.

good stuff.

weve been sending crap into space for years. also, do you have any idea of how much garbage there is floating in orbit right now? tons of shit. and weather or not aliens come and draw pictures of dead wrestlers in our grass they do exist. i hope they do the repo man next.

I read an article, in fact many articles at a time i was intereseted in it. There are tons of groups of people that are into making them, and groups go out with a board and rope tied to the board...(with the rope held up or around you) and they step on it to flatten the crop. They have elaborate plans and map out the field so it comes out right....

i am gonna probably not take the safe road, agreeing with a lot of what prude says because we have had this discussion. you cannot discount higher life forms, even higher thought, it is logical to admit unexplanation due to lack of technology. crop circles, are an easy replicated scam if you do it the human way, but there is a dose of unexplainable in there, the unbroken nature ones. the radiation within the circles. why do we as humans need to explain fucking everything sit back and enjoi it. like graffiti do you question why twist is good or do you accept it and enjoi his graff. i dunno. breathe a little humans aint the top never have been. accept that and everything is fine.

tow is right on. its retarded to think that there life has to be exactly like ours. only searching for them in places with water and oxygen. they could be old decreped unevolved cavemen who breath nitrous and drink lava. no one knows how they live because they dont have proof of their existence. they dismiss some claims by saying they match too closly to us, yet support their searches on mars by saying we found water. no one will ever know anything untill somone makes contact. they could have no dna, no cells, no respitory system, etc. just because humans came about this way doenst mean it had to elsewhere. this may sound of the wall but thinking outside of the box may help people see more than they do now and not accept everything as they think it should be or is.

Archived