°º•º°Vancouver°º•º°

CAPiTA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

why the fuck is everyone telling him to hang out on robson? so he can go to banana republic , foot locker, guess, or any of the other many exotic stores they dont have where he's from? theres a few things to see, but its largely a tourist trap. its not like he needs to be pointed that way. If your old enough to hit up some clubs you wont find anything out that way worth going to.

take a look at http://www.georgiastraight.com for any upcoming concerts, and a listing of all the club nights.

tell me what your looking for, maybe I can steer you somewhere. oh, and get an umbrella. you'll need it.

I'm definately staying downtown, somewhere directly east of the University I believe. Here's some stuff I'd definately be interested in checking out if you guys know where it would be at.

-Good Sushi/Seafood (I know there's lots, but what are your favorites)

-Import Electronics Store (this is a stretch)

-Snowboard Shop (skate shop works too)

-Contemp. Arts Stuff

-Some other amazing type of food I have to check out

-Anything else you thought was cool

I know I could get most of this info anywhere else on the net, but I'm sure whatever you come up with has the possibility of being much cooler. Great advice so far

vancity

We've got some good sushi here.

Don't be a trendy freak and hit Robson st, although they do have some nice sushi bars on Robson.

West 4th is good for skate/snowboard stores.

If you want to paint just jump on the skytrain(metro) and follow that-just keep looking out the windows and you'll see some spots.

Misanthropy(gallery) is having show this week-) misanthropygallery.com. Last week they had some pretty decent writers stuff there.

Pick up a Georgia Straight-it's the local free"what to do"paper

If you arrive on wednesday night maybe hit the freestyle battles at club Sonar at 66 Water st. in gastown(kind of the old heritage part of town)

Thursday hit a local pub(maybe the King's head in Kits, because you'll be close to there and the food is cheap and good) and watch the Canuck's play. Root for Detroit!!!!

Also if you're into some 'high' times go to blunt brothers on Hastings for an amsterdam adventure.

Hopefully this helps give you some stuff to do....

If you're looking at painting here email me at wheresthegspot@hotmail.com and we'll see what my schedule is like.

I'm normally pretty busy but my bag of rattlers is always ready.

GEEZpot

-While in Van City-

I grew up there all my life, im in Melbourne at the moment but i think i can give you a hand.

Go to Whistler. Take a train, greyhound or hitchhike. GET OUT OF THE CITY!!! you have seen one you have seen them all, really, 20 min's and your out in the wild. Go take a ferry to Victoria, now is a great time to go as the tree's are all changing and the girls are dressing sexy with their warm clothes. Go to the Gulf Islands and see what you can, if your there long take a trip into the Okanagan and see the country there, it's great man, have a blast and say hello to home for me.

T

OH yeah, SNOWBORAD!

Originally posted by ese

oh, and get an umbrella. you'll need it.

I wasnt being sarcastic....

VANCOUVER - Heavy rain and high winds were the order of the day, as the first major storm of the season hit B.C.'s south coast Thursday.

More than 60 millimetres of rain soaked the Lower Mainland, slowing traffic on most of the major routes and bridges and triggering some power outages. There was flooding on the Trans-Canada Highway in Burnaby, as water pooled on the Willingdon on and off ramps. There is, however, a silver lining to the wet weather. The rain has replenished water levels in North Shore reservoirs to 45 per cent of capacity.

That's up 15 per cent from just a week ago, making the summer drought seem a distant problem. "If you look back, we've had a deficit," says Environment Canada meteorologist David Jones. "Now we get it all back with one storm." All this rain is breaking records in the Lower Mainland and Victoria. The previous rainfall record for Victoria on Oct. 16 was 37 millimetres. The capital city had 91 millimetres of rain in the 24 hours as of 5:30 p.m. In Vancouver, the previous record was 51 millimetres. As of 5:30 p.m., the city has already had 62 millimetres.

• LINK: Vancouver weather forecast

More heavy rain is expected Thursday night – with another 40 to 60 millimetres expected in Vancouver, Victoria and the Fraser Valley. Howe Sound and the west Vancouver Island will get even wetter – with another 60 to 100 millimetres of rain expected to fall.

http://cbc.ca/weather/radar/radarmaps/swbc02_loop.gif'>

Just got back. The trip was great. Vancouver is one sweet city. Unfortunately I don't have a digi or a scanner, so I couldn't document the trip, but it involved...

-Playing ping pong with drunks

-Feeding wild deer mints at Grouse Mt.

-Walking around downtown with some homeless Italian dude named Miguel (I thought that name was spanish...) who was very, very high for about an hour. He was making fun of other homeless people, as if he was cooler because he was walking around with me...I bought him an italian ice.

-Raw: tuna, salmon, beef, yellowfish, and octopus

-Caviar

-Blunt Brothers ;)

-Buying a gnarly inside-out, hand-blown glass sherlock from Puff

-Getting rained on all day, every day, except for like 30 min on saturday

-Wandering around in back-alleys spotting graff (quit this after a few too many homeless persons encounters)

Thanks for all the good tips, I used almost all of them except the Misanthropy gallery...didn't have time. All in all it was a great trip. I'm definately going to have to go back some time.

vancity

Well it sounds like your trip was a TRIP.

I used to bug this bum named miguel(I called him frenchy) that shit is so funny, he's been living the street life for like 5 years.

The rain sucks. Came back in August when there's not so much torential downpour.

GEEZ

Archived