Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

i dont know what the fuck a basquiat is.. and you are not my art teacher.

**Jean-Michel Basquiat (IPA: [ʒɑ̃ miˈʃɛl basˈkja(t)]) (December 22, 1960 - August 12, 1988) was an American artist born in Brooklyn, New York City. He gained fame, first as a graffiti artist in New York City, and then as a highly successful Neo-expressionist artist in the international art scene of the 1980s. Many recognize Basquiat as a leading figure in contemporary art, and his paintings continue to command high prices in the art market.

you could use some schooling.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

color correction on Photoshop or whatever is a simple skill that is well worth learning.

the dude talking about Basquiat needs to slow down, the shit he's criticizing is definitely not good but it doesn't look a thing like Basquiat. Foodwhatever uses random doodles jumbled on the picture, so did Basquiat, the similarities end there which is barely a start. That's like saying Solnism's canvas of the white dude with the stache and big lips is a Mona Lisa bite because they both portray a figure from the chest up in a similar format. Yo, he even has dark hair, and he has lips, Leonardo's shit had lips too, fucking bite. And further, how are you going to try to criticize anyone elses art on a *graffiti* forum, when you're making canvas with the name "Tie"? Unless those are tributes, it's pretty pointless, especially since you're trying to do something with repetitive bombing - it's been done, a bajillion times better, with that same name, by someone who's now a legend and no longer with us.

I don't know why I bother, there's stupid shit on here every day. I just hope the vast majority of you are still in highschool. In my day we had to walk uphill both ways...