Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

raysin,

its just boring to me thats all. if people wanna do it, thats cool, im just not usually too into it. some people can pull it off and make it work (joker being the most obvious exception) but his shit aint even letters anyway...just a bunch of lines an shapes...art fag. ;) i dont really like most canvas stuff that people do though. im just a hater i guess, duno. :(

netster,

dont be scurred homie. just keep at it. its what i (try to) do. what kind of art are you into? and what are you trying to 'express' with your shit?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

iword man,, i can dig that,, i agree alot of the lettering on canvas stuff is rather boring,, infact i think its very hard for one to do letters on canvas and make it work on some intersting shit, so those who can pull it off i appreciate that much more, but yea the majority of things ive seen look amature,out of place, and rather boring.......... some people ive seen pull it off are loomit and daim,some oolldd lee was lucky toi see, ces, yes2,ease inkheads, delta and zedz from holland twist(tags and such) and rime, and joker of course

thanks for the reply SEEKING

yo tenz,, nice stuff aswell!!!!

Originally posted by onesecondple+Nov 7 2004, 02:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onesecondple - Nov 7 2004, 02:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-why write?@Nov 6 2004, 03:40 PM

those ges canvases are fucking hot...and deceipt i like that one, i definatly like the blue, i think it fits in there

you are wrong, i hope you know that....

[/b]

lol, ya dude your not supposed to agree with me. that is breaking the sequence. see your supposed to say it sucks and then im supposed to reply with a long drawn out response defending why i did it the way i did.

but for real tho i think the blue fits just fine. it just looks retarded following those dope ass ges canvases

lumber,

you need to lose that signature/handstyle with a quickness.

i've never been too into work like that as a whole, but the signature makes it look super amature. it makes the 'lose' feel of the paintings appear to be out of lack of technical skill, not intention.

raysin,

i just really dont care too much about pieces in general, and the ones i do like i still normally wouldnt like to see it on my wall everyday. when i see a 'dope' canvas with letters on it (and there have been a few posted) i view them as sketches, not really 'art'.

graff without risk is pretty much souless to me.

but of course thats just me.

i can relate to the points seeking made . its real tough to give the letters the same energy and impact they would have on a wall or fr8 , etc.... it can be pulled of but not many can do it good.

im glad you guys dig the stuff i painted, in all honesty if i knew how to paint other styles of "art", i would. but im a writer so im doing what i know for now and hopefully the work matures as i get better with the mediums.

also thanks raysin, im trying my damndest

i just used water based acrylic because of its fast drying time.

don't spray a clear coat on it,..it will eat the paint like paint thinner.

homedepot sells this crystal clear grout sealer,... i use that beacuse if the acrylics get wet ,...well you know what would happen.

i also used a primer/sealer before i applyed the paints...on a sanded surface