Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i did th reflections on tupac because he was the first one i did ..those are the first realistic faces i have painted with all cans.. i gotta fix biggy's lips and some stuff on biggy but as for the reflections those cant be fixed thats to much work lol even though they all took me a hour each ... people like the reflections or dont even notice them only a graffiti artist one notice them like you you bastard lol im playen anyways ... i gotta think of more people to paint ... like Old dirty bastard i cant belive he died im PISEEDDDDDDDD ... i gotta find a good picture of em' ... ight

nomaq, if you want to sell those, listen to me...do portraits of the beatles, jim morrison, jimi hendrix (i'd be willing to trade for a hendrix portrait), nelson mandella...even local celebs (to you) like the goodie mob (if i did a portrait of them, i'd find a way to get it to one of them for free. it's advertising like whoa) or luda, whoever. there are tons of people in atl...big jus, prefuse....i'm really impressed for those being your first portraits in all spray.

i know you sell your art, so you could make a heap of cash doing portraits. only reason i made this big long suggestion reply.

keep it up.

im pissed people already want me to stop doing graffiti and just do portraits ... lol lets me know my graffiti dont compare to them but people like my graffiti canvases though anyways that is jimi hendrix ... if you didnt notice ... man you should private messaged me all them names ... keep them on the low lol ... i had better get started before others do that shit too .. cause those were to easy ...

Originally posted by Nomaq@Nov 14 2004, 01:35 AM

nomak's canvases

At the pictures and frames part of garden ridge waiting to get framed .... there all 43' by 37' canvases well cardboard... lol but its all the same .. i started useing cardboard .. recognize

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

yo man... are you interested in selling the hendrix one... id definitly be down for buyin that one... that is some sick shit... you got some sick skillz with a can... graffiti... portraits... it don't matter... you got this whole thing on lock...

Slow down. Slow down. Slow down.

The first three, Jimi and whoever the other two are, are really nice. Soft. The fat guy stands out to me as the best... I think because larger people are painted better, if that makes sense. It also kinda reminds me of some old Dizney portraits, only he used color. Anyway...

Slow down. And I know cardboard is cheap and there's an unlimited supply in the world... but any serious art buyer would never buy a piece on cardboard. Unless you're dead famous.

i was about to say the same thing.

if you paint it on a piece of cardboard, no matter good it looks, it will look cheap and people will pay accordingly.

either learn how to make your own canvases, or atleast go to home depot and get yourself some decent wood.

also, you can stick to duotone images, but change the black to another color. something that fits the personality of the subject. if you do snoop, use blue for instance.

as casek said, if you want to sell these, start doing more marketable subject matter. right now you're painting mostly ghetto rap motherfuckers. people will jock them all day, but when it comes time to coughing up money, you're gonna be trading dope paintings for dime bags...shit isn't worth it. white people is where the money is. and not to make it even more of a race issue, but white people love to buy shit like this off black guys (which, unless i'm confusing you with someone else, you are, right?). if you have some stubby little dreads and a shell necklace, even better. you have to reach out to white peoples desire for culture.

you could be making real decent money if you dont mind 'selling' yuorself a bit. just go out to a 'city center' kind of area where peple go just to walk around and hang out, shop, etc, on a saturday or sunday. set up a canvas and spend a couple hours just painting random portraits. have a portfolio with you of your stuff. when people stop to talk to you about it, make sure they leave with a business card. people will buy shit like this for sure.

you should also take pics of your shit around to coffee shops and ask if you can hang some stuff there. white people that drink coffee are the best kind of white people.

finally, dont sell yourself short when it comes to pricing. for a 43x37 piece, you should be charging ATLEAST $150-$300.

ok, im done talking. good luck.

Originally posted by infamouscraze+Nov 16 2004, 06:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (infamouscraze - Nov 16 2004, 06:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Nomaq@Nov 14 2004, 01:35 AM

nomak's canvases

At the pictures and frames part of garden ridge waiting to get framed .... there all 43' by 37' canvases  well cardboard... lol but its all the same .. i started useing cardboard .. recognize

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

yo man... are you interested in selling the hendrix one... id definitly be down for buyin that one... that is some sick shit... you got some sick skillz with a can... graffiti... portraits... it don't matter... you got this whole thing on lock...

[/b]

yes they are pretty nice but i dunno if hes got the whole thing on lock.

Originally posted by perve+Nov 16 2004, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (perve - Nov 16 2004, 03:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by infamouscraze@Nov 16 2004, 06:48 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Nomaq@Nov 14 2004, 01:35 AM

nomak's canvases

At the pictures and frames part of garden ridge waiting to get framed .... there all 43' by 37' canvases  well cardboard... lol but its all the same .. i started useing cardboard .. recognize

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

yes they are pretty nice but i dunno if hes got the whole thing on lock.

[/b]

PERVEIO!!!!! WHAT IT IS YO ... i see you been busyy killin shit all over da place man dam... and its looken mighty fine too .. nice char and piece on that wiot production. we still aint got a piece together yo

i guess cause i suck..but yea

All the REALL writers know i aint got the hole thing on lock!! lol

seeking thats knowledge .. thanks ill plan up on it !!!!!!

joker yup i needa slow down but as for cardboard .. thats just going to be my new style people are gonna have to love me or hate me ... any flat surface with art on should sell art is art not matirial or media ... but i wouls going to buy 4 nice big 60 by 50 canvases and paint all for of the beatles and try to put that bad boy on ebay !!!!! lol

ebays not going to work. you need to hit people up locally.

dont pull some cop out shit and stick with cardboard, trust joker on this. you're stuff is good, but it's not really unique. the fact that you put it on a half assed platform just makes it look cheap and unprofesional. you dont have to buy some big ass canvas, for one you could make it yourself and save an assload of money. or even cheaper, just get some decent peices of wood.

trust him, and trust me, cardboard is wack.

Originally posted by Nomaq@Nov 16 2004, 06:25 PM

art is art not matirial or media ...

thats one of the few intelligent things i've heard you say. i couldn't agree more. as far as selling art though, that sadly doesn't apply. there is a quote i like alot "art has its best moments when it forgets its very name" - jean dubuffet. my issue is i just flat out dont like asking people for money for anything. i really dont. even when they owe me money. (by the way nomak you never did pay me back for them two old-E forties i bought that one nite we went to ryans a year ago ;) ) but for real tho. this is basically the reason i do art as a hobby, and dont try to pursue a career in it, i dont want to "sell myself" to a buncha stupid cracka ass crackas! wait fuck im white too! :yuck: damn i forgot! lol @ seekings comment. what is sad is that what he said is true in so many cases......... :haha:

verbal kint, if you dont mind me asking, can you elaborate on what exactly it is you use for a "print". im trying to get into that aspect of art. do you use screen printing materials? i actually have sumbody willing to make custom shirts for me for 6 bucks a piece if i send him in the designs with no more than 4 colors and no fades in them. i've used screen printing equipment before, but i dont really have access to any as of right now. i've thought about getting some tho

once i buy my screen printer for tshirts and hats .. i'll prolly be busyy 24-7

never . i frame the card board and i like the cardboard look .. but of course the beatles gotta be done on canvas ... but as for me sellin on cardboard ... ima see what happens ...

didnt you see my paintings were in a frame shop .. its the framing section at were i work at they wanna frame some for me .. i just havent got anyframed yet ... once its framed im shit it will look mroe like u bastards preciious canvas ...

i like my cardboard !!!!!

here they are agian cause photobucket canceled my shit

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg