The innovative style thread

Vlad

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Elk definitely had an innovative style. Not say that he was well bitten off of, but that his styles were inspiring to a lot of people. I've always felt he never got the accolades that he deserved. He definitely inspired me to move forward...

And to answer a question from way back on the other page, SinS site is gone. The Joker and Kema book was lost in the mail with only four pages to go. Please don't talk about it... I may start balling my eyes out. It was so fucking nice... the book would have been great.

I have a new site up, but most of the stuff on it is old hat...

http://www.jinscoe.com

Originally posted by fixed

chip7?

elk?

reas?

sento?

saber?

No.

Maybe.

Definitely not.

Nope.

Nada.

I think, better yet I know you played yourself.

SENTO will have more inovation in one piece than most cats life span.

Every time out it is just more inovation and Reas has layed it down too.

It is still call graffitti, I think.

Guest RIBSGAK

NYC STYLE

NOT KNOCKIN ANYBODY'S JOINTS BUT THAT LAST FLIK....THAT STYLE IS A LIL TOO SIMILAR TO CES WHEN HE DOES THE WISH4 PIECES......

• 1 month later...

Heavy thread - can't believe I haven't already seen it..loads of nice forward thinking stuff...and forward thinking talk as well...all good.

I'm a glutton for writing, so I find it hard to be critical of other people's work, especially when I feel they're better than I am (which is pretty much everyone out there!). I have to say, what I always liked about writing (before I met other writers) was the freedom I felt I had in doing new styles and playing around with letters. I really hate what I call 'graf-facism', which is writers who try to define what graffiti is, i.e. 'It's letters, it's bombing, it's not characters'...bullshit. It's all that and more...

..I'm moved by all kinds of graffiti from tox's crazy bombing on the London Underground, to VFR's throw ups, to FOE's graphic styles, sheone's abstracts, to Bates' clean crisp styles, to Os Gemeos' styles, Alexone, Vulcan...the list is absolutely endless. I've said this elsewhere, but it's individuality and innovation that makes the scene so good and keeps it moving...so respect difference, without it we'd all be stuck doing the same old garbage.

That's my two pennies worth...BUMP this back to the top...!!

Reverand Guilt. P. Ridden....

• 5 weeks later...

:burn: :hatred:

Great fills for my outlines.

Thats what counts in the game.

Period.

Letters are graff.

Anything else : influence,inpiration or some aspect that co-exists with,

but Is Not

Graffiti.

Its a simple reality.

By the way......Msk?,..Tbk?..WestCoast?..

Thats where the Real innovation is thats Solid!

Limp wristed writing IS THE VICTEM OF MY CREATION.

Peace to the cutting edge and the Fist thats Solid.

Fist r.i.p

Delk

Pestoe

Endr

Snore

Flare

Jef45

Federal

Rest

Bolie

Rue

Kerse

Tron

Rags

Year

Yakt

FloRock

Mente

Poison

Grease

Zae

Northwestside.

Get a handle as a vandal.

Until your job is done.

• 2 months later...

This is one of the dopest threads on 12oz. I really enjoyed everyones definitions of Innovation I new what it was and i do my thing but i never put that much thought into it so articulatly. I learned alot from this thread historically and otherwise, I just hope more people can see this thread for what it is and not take things the wrong freely. More that they will see things the way i did and it will raise the standards of what we expect of writers that wanna call themselves artists and would like to be respect and appreciated.

Archived