The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Making panoramic photos is seeming harder then expected. Although I think I am getting the hang of using photoshop to merge photos...I should have some complete by Mid next week

Any one know of any free panorama stiching programs I can download?

Just thought I'd ask to get some first hand info.

Nice shots everyone.

i saw that sony-r1 at the stores... it says it was 10.3 megapixels. that's a lot. i was talking to one of the guys at the camera store, and he said something about how more megapixels wasn't always better. i thought more megapixels meant the picture would be more crisp, sharp and less fuzzy since they're fitting more smaller "squares" in the same amount of space... but he said something about how more megapixels cause there to be less color or something, and 6 megapixels is usually recommended... anyone else heard something like this?

PLEASE RESIZE YOUR PICTURES!

I spent the weekend in boston--an amazing city, by the way. Once again, I try. And really, I appreciate comments, much like everyone probably does. Just a quick reaction, suggestion, which ones you like/don't like, its nice to hear from people when you show them something of yours.

BostonRaws026.jpg

BostonRaws052.jpg

BostonRaws050.jpg

BostonRaws037.jpg

I don't want to hate but I'm really sick of night photography. Anyone can grab a tripod and shoot some zaney looking light. Composition-wise that last one doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I think we all know what night lights look like depending on how they are photographed. Its interesting the first few times, but then if you keep shotting the same moving car headlights with long exposure, your not doing anything new. Or if you point a slow shutter at a lampost and wave the camera around. Sorry to have a sook

I don't want to hate but I'm really sick of night photography. Anyone can grab a tripod and shoot some zaney looking light. Composition-wise that last one doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I think we all know what night lights look like depending on how they are photographed. Its interesting the first few times' date=' but then if you keep shotting the same moving car headlights with long exposure, your not doing anything new. Or if you point a slow shutter at a lampost and wave the camera around. Sorry to have a sook[/quote']

Don't feel bad..I was thinking the exact same thing but I wasn't going to say anything. The long exposure highway/road shots are so played out. We all know what long exposure can do. I don't want to be an ass cause I'm no good but seriously, lets see something new, or at least an attempt at something that hasn't been done 1,000 times.

I don't want to hate but I'm really sick of night photography. Anyone can grab a tripod and shoot some zaney looking light. Composition-wise that last one doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I think we all know what night lights look like depending on how they are photographed. Its interesting the first few times' date=' but then if you keep shotting the same moving car headlights with long exposure, your not doing anything new. Or if you point a slow shutter at a lampost and wave the camera around. Sorry to have a sook[/quote']

I agree. I'm also sick of daytime photography. I mean, what the fuck dude. You guys taking these photos in the daytime have no imagination. Wow, anyone can just walk around while the sun is up above (which supplies you all the lighting you need, lazy fucks) and then just click away. Just stop it. Please.

I agree. I'm also sick of daytime photography. I mean' date=' what the fuck dude. You guys taking these photos in the daytime have no imagination. Wow, anyone can just walk around while the sun is up above (which supplies you all the lighting you need, lazy fucks) and then just click away. Just stop it. Please.[/quote']

Heh. re-read. You missed the point.

basement? garages or any of that?

Full basement.

Two car garage.

Oh' date=' and rage, did you get a dslr?[/quote']

Not yet.

So much stuff going on recenlty, haven't had a chance to shop for one.

And knowing me, i'll take my time in researching the best one and finding a good price.

the one thing i have to say about night photography is i love using light as a tool to create contrast.. its just natural ... light colors on black (to me at least) seems really appealing and catchy.. thats just my say though..

a lot of night photos are really repetative though