The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ese@Dec 19 2005, 04:10 AM

so I just ran throught a B+W roll this weekend and got some really fucking awesome shit. I just rewound it so I could drop it off at the lab tommorow only to find...it wasn't loaded properly! fuck! I'm so fucking heated right now! the lesson...pay attention when you load a roll, even if you've done it a million times before.

Yeah, this happened to me with my entire first photography project.

So I had to go REshoot everything that i had done. Thankfully it was all pictures of stationary objects and the lighting conditions were almost the same.

Good thing it didn't happen later though, because my best pic was of a building that they have since knocked over.

-fuse.

Originally posted by ese@Jun 21 2005, 12:50 AM

bwmysterious.jpg

i was lookin at some of the old flicks in here and came across this..the picture is pretty dope but one thing that i dont get is how do you make people come out right if its a slow shutter? i would think its the iso , but this doesnt look noisy, whenever i do it, it comes out blurry

EDIT: ese , i hope you dont mind me using this as an example.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Dec 20 2005, 11:53 AM

what happened to the 250? it just won't work?

<s>No idea.

I use it a few times a month and this time the shutter wouldn't stay open (I was trying to use the bulb effect).

This is the camera that I modified from the dead 4.5v battery to accomidate a 9v. So naturally, I thought the 9v I had in there was dead.

Bought some new 9v's, threw it in.. nope. Still not working.

So, I'm stumped.</s>

Umm.. ok. Just tried it again and now it works.

Maybe it was a loose pos/neg connector.

Dubya Tea Eff.

i was thinking and since im not one to talk (i know i contribute just as much as of the grey screen as anyone else) that we should try to post at least one picture for every comment made on here. i mean, i know i came into this thread not even a month ago, but its just an idea..

it doesnt even have to be anything special , any picture is better than none..

shit, you could even post other peoples pictures as long as you give the right credit.. just to make the thread more interesting..

once again its only an idea, let me know what you guys think....

just a random picture i took of something my friend did :

pic_44.jpg

Whoa christ, Philth. That top one witht the pine trees.. fucking amazing.

The color and detail is fucking nuts!

Night time.. handheld flash.. how long was the exposure?

Random recent shit:

12-23-05.jpg

12-23-05a.jpg

This just made me $50

12-22-05-1.jpg

12-23-05b.jpg

For my own personal collection.

If you know what this is, bonus points for you.

how did you get the different colored pictures like that...i tried a method of my own that worked well kinda like that but using clear packaging tape over the lens and coloring it the color of choice with sharpie....but the images arent as clear...and what kind of polaroid camera is that on your tripod....

See the picture above the famed colors?

That's what I use.

Buy any color posterboard hang it from a clip on a wall.

Point a few lights in it's direction, but be careful not to cast a shadow of yourself, tripod or camera.

Then snap away.

Take notice though, if you're trying this with Polaroids, be prepared to use A LOT of film, just to get the colors the way you want.

I spent 70+ exposures and I have only 30 or so that are presentable.

12-22-05-1a.jpg

*also note: colors like grey and brown are almost impossible to capture with Polaoird film. Grey usually seems to come out almost purplish and brown almost always has a red tone to it.

It sucks.

The camera is a Polaroid Sun AutoFocus 660.