The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Philth215@Jan 11 2006, 05:03 PM

My new portfolio

check it out, i just put it up, let me know how it looks...

plus, does anyone know where i can get lomo camera ? do any stores sell them ?? (id rather do that than buy one online....)

looking good philth. check out the L.S.I. for lomography... there's a shop there that's got everything. Freestyle Photo has stuff too... try looking for Holga as well.

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Jan 11 2006, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Jan 11 2006, 08:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Philth215@Jan 11 2006, 05:03 PM

My new portfolio

check it out, i just put it up, let me know how it looks...

plus, does anyone know where i can get lomo camera ? do any  stores sell them ?? (id rather do that than buy one online....)

looking good philth. check out the L.S.I. for lomography... there's a shop there that's got everything. Freestyle Photo has stuff too... try looking for Holga as well.

[/b]

just ordered the holga starter kit...thanks for the link

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jan 11 2006, 10:43 PM

action15jg.jpg

i get the black bar for 'security' but i think it really takes away from an otherwise really dope shot. compositionally and tonally, this is sick (plus i'm always jealous of photogs who shoot painting), but the bar just takes over.

i understand the purpose and it's not a bad idea at all to hide idents., but maybe a different way would be better: selective focus, strategically placed hand, something like that just to keep the image flowing. Peter Sutherland did it (fairly) well in Autograf....

just some thoughts.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Jan 14 2006, 08:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Jan 14 2006, 08:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-photoflashfocusrecord@Jan 14 2006, 12:40 AM

85752399_a16c2a028e.jpg

wow, I fucking love this one.

[/b]

thanks. here are a couple more. i kind of bit the composition ideas from coffeedependency, but it was innocent. ;)

85754891_907553e383.jpg

85754890_99fa0c6b5e.jpg

Originally posted by coffeedependency+Jan 15 2006, 07:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coffeedependency - Jan 15 2006, 07:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the POOOOL!

the leaves at the bottom,

the bench in the center background,

the lines, tone, flat saturation.

it has an atmosphere.

lemme get a print, son!

[/b]

alright. you know how to holla at me! are you still down for a trade?

<!--QuoteBegin-jbrshmonster@Jan 15 2006, 11:34 AM

BVLB..

what do i win?

bingo. you get props!

ight guys i need some help...

being the idiot i am, i never noticed the computer monitor was on causing a glare in all these shots.. can anyone give me some advice on how to it out? it seriously just ruined these pictures... (my carelessly is partially a result of the subject in the first shot lol)

and if i cant it out, which side of the first picture looks better? in one the bottle is less focused and the other has more of a glare...

bottle_03.jpg

screen.JPG