The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hey whyihatetexas, Im in the market for an slr thats around 6 mp but here is the issue, I would take it to paint with me, Im not looking for some excellent camera that will give me the best quality pictures ever, In all reality theres a good chance the camera would be damaged from running. Im not looking to spend a whole lot on the body, maybe 250 on ebay ish there anything in that range? I dont want to spend alot just because if I break the thing, good chance I could, I dont want to be out 500 bucks! Like I said it doesnt have to be anything extra special, but above a point and shoot.

Thanks,

Mike

Why do you want an slr? Have you ever tried running with a bag of paint and an slr? It sounds to me like you should be looking at higher end point and shoots. Also, if you are worried about damaging your camera and being out all that money, I suggest you buy it new. Ritz/Wolf and I believe Best Buy offer an extra damage protection policy that will cover you. There are also after-market skins, like the ones you put over you ipod, that will help reduce damage to your camera if you go with a used one.

Why do you want an slr? Have you ever tried running with a bag of paint and an slr? It sounds to me like you should be looking at higher end point and shoots. Also, if you are worried about damaging your camera and being out all that money, I suggest you buy it new. Ritz/Wolf and I believe Best Buy offer an extra damage protection policy that will cover you. There are also after-market skins, like the ones you put over you ipod, that will help reduce damage to your camera if you go with a used one.

i just got my camera from best buy 2 weeks ago and i got an "accidental damage" cover for it.

$120 will cover break and water damage for 4 yrs.

Well I would like an slr becuase a theyre great for benching moving trains, b I still take other pictures besides graffiti related junk, and I would like to have all the manual controls. The issue I was thinking of was that the slr would be pretty cumbersome to take on certain missions.

Do you know of any higher end point and shoots that you can control alot of options?, I like taking a lot of night shots.

What is your guys opinion on the PowerShot SX100 IS retails at 300. Has the image stabalization, full manual mode etc. I think 8megapixels is enough for me. Dropping 500 on a point and shoot doesnt make real sense to me, might as well go a bit higher and get the slr? Do you guys see any strong downsides to the sx100?

decaying, i like the green one.

mark, the sx100 suffers from the same problem as the xt - it plastic. drop it once and bye-bye camera.

they do make these awesome cameras that are sooooooooo rad for missions and benching and parties and just about every other situation that you can think of where damaging your camera might be an issue. if you are ever popped, the man won't get much from your pictures either. we used to use them all the time in my day.

Kodak-Max-Outdoor-Camera.jpg

decaying, have I added you as a contact on flickr yet?

do 35mm film users know if using expired film from 2-3 years back is worth the cheap price?

it will work but may have some weird results depending on how it was stored. its nice to experiment with but i wouldnt use it for anything really important like a job etc.

more shitty stuff. im not really happy with any of it but some good stuff should be coming up soon once i can get through all these old crappy photos.

2152985241_b470c72a75.jpg?v=0

2153776466_03d3c07226.jpg?v=0

2152981679_193caf624c.jpg?v=0

these three are my favs. The first one for the black smaller basket next to the larger one and the continuation of the black on the top right corner.

The green I just like as a color study

And the last one, the blues are just awesome.

the first is the one I like the most though.

okay, so i got a Minolta SRT200 from my grandparents, but I'm not really sure what I need to do to get it working, I guess my best bet would be taking it up to the local camera shop and getting them to take a look at it right?

probably just a battery and some film. get the battery and see if the shutter and everything is working and you should be ok. no need to take it to a shop.