The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

new to this thread

i do what i can with the camera that i have (sony s90)

i just got it as a gift and have only used it "artistically" a couple times...i can't wait to upgrade, this will give me a good feel for digitals though i hope.

nomansland.jpg

i have more...but i'd rather see what you guys have to say before i start posting others.

nozaki, more posting is always encouraged. We don't really insult each other here.

Unless your pictures come out looking like a motivational poster. Then there is a little bit of clowning.

But for the most part it's constructive criticism.

I definitely like your colors on that picture.

merk, that's a pretty bitchin' plant.

Organic shapes are always awesome.

And holy shit CACash, that is on fire.

I'm still waiting on my B&W's.

I swear to god I am going to start developing shit on my own.

-fuse.

I don'thavealot of good photos on here, because i usually do b&w in the darkroom...but Ill try and take some pics of my final prints and post some up....but I love photography so much....here are a few i found.....they are from last summer....

monteverde.jpg

Monte Verde Cloud Forest

Picture1087.jpg

wierd plant

Picture1116.jpg

waterfall in La Fortuna

Picture1124.jpg

part of the panoramic view from the only pay phone in s small town out side of San Isidro called San Juan Basco....it was had to stay focused on idle chatting about what was going on at home with a view like that......

Merk <3 Costa Rica

Finally ive got around to uploading some of my photos.

Got back drom Bali, Indonesia about a month and a half ago.

Got my first digital SLR about 4 days before I went. Saved up for a while. I got it basically exactly one year after I bought my first ever camera.

So I kind of had to get to know the camera with in a week or so.

Here are some of my photo's, there still is alot that I havent really got around to uploading. Long fucking process.

This dude was intensely good at chess. I have known this guy since 2000 and met him through his job as a taxi driver. Basically we have supported his family for almost 6 years now. You cant get much poorer than this man. He is damn funny as well. Top bloke

BambangChess.jpg

BaliTWO263.jpg

BambangChess2.jpg

These are from the local beach. Seminyak Beach. About 10 minutes from my house on the motorbike. Dope place to just chill with a few beers

Baliflicks254.jpg

BaliTWO269.jpg

BaliTWO270.jpg

Swinging.jpg

SeminyakBeach.jpg

Next couple are from Lake Batur in Kintamani. This place is wow. Just wow. So quite and peaceful. The people there are dirt poor, and being so remote, it wouldnt suprise me if alot of them were inbred.

BaliTWO259.jpg

LakeBatur.jpg

Local Fruit market.

BaliTWO262.jpg

A construction site I noticed hiding behind a huge corigated fence. Found this little hole in the fence.

WorkingMen.jpg

Animal.jpg

Denpasar night markets. This was an expirience to remember. Got to the markets around 11pm. Arrived on the bike, raining sheep and cows, had to hold a tripod and drive with my bro on the back. I wish it wasnt raining so much. ANyhow it was a dope night. A laugh a minute

DenpasarMarkets.jpg

Local Poolhall. Two tabels. 15 cents (AUS) a game. Spent quite alot of nights here.

BaliTWO264.jpg

Thanks for looking. Critisism always welcome.

There is still alot more that i will get around to posting sometime.

Holler.

CACashRefund, that washing machine picture reminds me of something i'd see on a cd cover or for like the background of a flyer...i love it.

edit:

Philth215, that's a 5050 hand(to answer your question).

Cheggit, those pictures are great. i can't imagine how motivational it would be for my photography to have the chance to be in such a foreign environment.

sorry guys, havent posted in a while, been busy.

Philth: that light post shot is fucking sick, im really feelin it.

remorseles im liking those shots, the colors on the last one are sick. id like to see the original colors though.

i got some more to post. ill post later.

this thread is SICK!

wow i really appreciate all the feedback guys, that washing machine shot came out by accident, that shot is i think is exposed for about 8 seconds

i was messing around with my camera while waiting for my clothes to dry

and cheggit i really like the ones of the kids playing on the seesaw