The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I gave 1600 speed color film a try. Can't say it was the best film i shot, but it is nice to not need a tripod at all at night and now i know how it is. I just shot my first roll of slide film as well, but i don't get those photos back until next week. I'm hoping and assuming i will have better results.

Here are the 1600 color:

_28_00079.jpg

_27_00080.jpg

__8_00099.jpg

__6_00101.jpg

__3_00104.jpg

__2_00105.jpg

__1_00106.jpg

_37_00070.jpg

__9_00098.jpg

_11_00096.jpg

_10_00097.jpg

_17_00090.jpg

_16_00091.jpg

more

Originally posted by -Rage-@Oct 11 2004, 01:26 PM

Excuse me.

Where is my Pass Around at the moment?

It is enroute...!@#$% will have it tomorrow. The site was down, so I couldn't post that it left my hands.

My apologies for keeping it so long. Between it arriving while I was still on vacation and then losing more than a week to 12 - 20 hour workdays...there wasn't too much I could do about it. the wonderful world of advertising. I could've just slapped the photos on there and sent it on its way...but I decided to give it my full attention and spend some time on my pages. i think it was worth it.

I don't want to jinx !@#$%...but I know she is planning on spending some time on it as well.

I believe there were 3 photos left in the camera after I took my two. So whoever has it after her will have to find out whether or not the unloaded film made it ok.

so...am I correct in assuming all photo threads now go in the untitled section...or is it only 'artsy' photos? anyone one? I noticed the Thailand thread was still in channel zero. just thought I'd clear that up before I post my vacation thread...which I swear I will do eventually.

boo for spelling errors.

As long as the PPA eventually gets back to me, I'll be happy.

It could very easily take about a year.

This new Untitled section is just weird.

I came in earlier today and was flipping out because I was in Channel Zero and I couldn't find this thread.

fermentor666 gets the camera after !@#$%, so he'll have to load the new pack of film.. which hopefully WON'T be dead and unuseable.

Tesseract

MrChupacabra

PoopManBob

ilovedrunk

SteveAustin

!@#$%

fermentor666

$360

hyrax

ese

I've really liked the result of black and white 1600 outside, but its really hit or miss. If you meter it exactly right you get super contrasty nice looking shots, but if you're at all off, they just go totally gray and neutral. I think the reason i don't like the color 1600 is because the colors aren't very vivid and the majority of the shots were getting that general haze you spoke about.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Oct 11 2004, 04:24 PM

I've really liked the result of black and white 1600 outside, but its really hit or miss. If you meter it exactly right you get super contrasty nice looking shots, but if you're at all off, they just go totally gray and neutral. I think the reason i don't like the color 1600 is because the colors aren't very vivid and the majority of the shots were getting that general haze you spoke about.

couldnt you pretty much duplicate the contrast with like a number 5 filter?

Originally posted by dosoner@Oct 11 2004, 09:59 PM

couldnt you pretty much duplicate the contrast with like a number 5 filter?

Not nearly as well. Because if the whole photo is grayed out a lot, its not going to contrast as nicely as if you have distinctly light and dark sections. It'd work for some, but not for others, and i must say, i'm a big fan of developing with high number filters.