Let's trade files.

Dirty_habiT

I've edited the link to soulseek's website in the first post.... do not download from www.slsk.org.... I'm not sure if it's a site being tracked by the RIAA or if it's a website someone is using to propogate trojaned clients.

The correct site is www.slsknet.org

There is a version 153 release candidate in the forums there tooo.... just so you all know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I strongly suggest getting the 153 release.... as it randomly selects the port number your slsk listens on. This won't cause any problems even if you have a router, just set your comp's IP to the dmz host. The reason they have done this is so your ISP cannot easily detect your usage of soulseek.

also, here's a link to some of the main coding guy's list of things to do with soulseek

http://slskboard.savagenews.com/index.php?...showtopic=14192

:lick:

no problemo, I've got everyone in the room and those that frequent it in my list.

I like the "what I dis/like" feature that they added.

PMB- you asked for a recommendation based on what you already have.... the what I like feature can recommend artists that "similar" users have. Just add all the artists you like to the what I like section.

Obtain TEST version 154 here....

http://slsk.blogspot.com/

I have had no problems previously trying out the test versions.... but that's me. They added some cool new features, and you'd be losing if you're caught snoozing on this.

Also, I have a crapload of mame roms for Kilo and anyone else interested.... including some snk, mortal kombat, street fighter, and killer instinct all different versions..... I'm going to install this new slsk, and then I'mma get a couple more metalslug roms and I'll be back at da spot.

Words.

Word em up... thx for that news! I haven't dl'd any IDM in forever because of a lack of new artists/albums to find.... But yes, I will definitely go find that right now. If you (or anyone's) got any other great ideas for some good downloadin musics tell me.... because that'd be great.... mkay thx.

;)

edit: got the album last night, and I like it alot... I guess I should look at the warp records website more often.

• 7 months later...

I (bling5tatus) am now sharing alot of FLAC files.... for those of you who don't know :dunce: what FLAC is.... it's the "Free Lossless Audio Codec". What that means for you as the listener ---> no more shitty sounding mp3 files, these encodings are 99.99% near perfect replicas of the compact disc they came off of (actually they're a near perfect replica of whatever medium they were encoded off of, so it could be like a tape player connected on the line in on an audio card.)

-or quoted from their

website-

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. Grossly oversimplified, FLAC is similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file.

FLAC is freely available and supported on most operating systems, including Windows, "unix" (Linux, *BSD, Solaris, OS X, IRIX), BeOS, OS/2, and Amiga. There are build systems for autotools, MSVC, Watcom C, and Project Builder.

So for those of you that like to put your downloaded music back onto cd's or onto your apple ipee'd this codec is the way to go, you'll get all the highest highs and the lowest low end sounds that mp3 would be truncating... so there DHABZ serves the good info again. (by posting this I am laying no claim to being the person that "brought" flac to 12oz. I am sure that there are some of you that are already familiar, this post is for those who aren't. Enjoy!)

• 7 months later...

I don't know.... lot's of crap. ... lemme look and give a short list. But don't be taken back by what I have, there's other 12oz'ers on there that have good stuff too. Ronnie's got a ton of rock/classic rock music. I'll edit in a minute.

edit: actually I've got a bit of stuff from rephlex records that I know you're into.... and some drum and bass, and some hip hop, and a little punk rock, and a few other misc things.

Archived