Let's trade files.

Dirty_habiT

Hmm, can't find the room (me spazzface).

If anyone wants to aid my quest to find it, would be appreciated.

I have a lot of crap to trade, but some good stuff as well (at the moment my favourite is probably a very nice quality copy of Sin City).

Holla at me!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>> go to the first post in this thread, then follow instructions... if you can't refresh the room list and find the room that way, then right click and do "create room" and then type in the room name if the room exists you will join it. make sure you turn on your autojoin.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Aug 11 2005, 12:04 PM

boosterino!

why... because I'm back online at home (or will be after work)

and I'm back into the slsk world.

question: is it worth giving them money for upgraded features?

Well, I think PMB did, and supposedly it does give you DL priority. Which means you get BOOSTED to the front of the line if you're downloading from someone.

Lemme see what I can dig up... I'll edit this post in a couple minutes....

One thing I can almost garauntee will fix it, is to set your computers IP as the DMZ Host on the router... but that allows all ports through. I think one of the things slsk did recently with one of their updates (to avoid detection and immenent shut down of their services by ISPs) was made their ports randomized. I'll go see what I can find out though, just for you sweet nuts.

Ok, I looked, and didn't really find anything too helpful... maybe I need you to be more specific in telling me exactly what's going on when you try to connect/dl/browse files/etc. This should hold you over until we can get this fixed.

flatscreentv.gif

How do I check if my Soulseek ports are open?

In the Soulseek General Options next to the Listening Port text box is a button titled "Test firewall and router settings". Click it.

Bad things are happening. Are my config files corrupted?

Probably. This is a very common problem and can not only lead to crashes but lots of other strange behavior. Remove all the *.cfg files from the directory slsk.exe is run from and restart Soulseek. If the problem goes away the cause was corrupt config files.

If you find your config files are becoming corrupted a lot, you can try to first disconnect from the server then exit Soulseek from the Connection menu. This will generally help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno if that's going to help, one thing you can try if you delete your config files is.... save your buddylist.cfg file.... and a couple other ones like your queues if you want to keep them....

don't use the test version then I guess.... I just stick with the main releases, and there's a reason for the test versions being test version.... they need people to work out the bugs and report the problems with the client... and if that's not what you're trying to do I'd say just use the normal client.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

I fixed my ports for slsk and did all the port forwarding shit...My firewall (outpost) went NUTS as i was being attacked every 1 min and i had two complete computer freezings in 1 day and a half...guess what? i closed the ports again, tada

Archived