The Anti-War on Iraq thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

i respect everyones opinions on this issue, BUT. i WAS anti war before i had to do some serious research on the topic for a debate. so untill you guys (and the millions who are also protesting) hit the books in a serious way, not just some google searches you are playing yourself. straight up. you may not want to hear it, but its true. sad fact is people will die, how many is the question. and YES i have family in the military righ tnow. so yeahhhhhhhhhh

dude, with all due respect..you cant assume all of our knowledge extends on google searches...as well that all those millions are uneducated people that dont know the facts....what are the facts that make it so clear to you?

wishes for your family anyway, people are people..

of course i think there shouldnt be war, but if they do have link with al quaida then i think saddam hussein should be forced to step down or whatever. forgive me if im quite ignorant

ok, fair enough. one question ive always thought is why does the west (mainly the us) just think they can controll and dictate who rules what country. why do they think they have 1st choice?

Guest imported_Europe

"You don't fight terrorism with a preventive war," said Tommaso Palladini, 56, who traveled from Milan to Rome to protest with 1 million others. "You fight terrorism by creating more justice in the world."

i dont really care to much about iraq. im selfishly insulated in my infidel american life and can not be affected by the fact that millions of iraqi children are living in poverty and malnutrition and dieing of cancer from depleted uranium left over from the last gulf war.

what really pisses me off is the following,

bush didnt even win the 00 election.

regime change in iraq has been a longstanding goal of republican hawks, WHO ON TV HAVE ADMITTED TAKING OVER IRAQ WAS PLANNED BEFORE BUSH EVEN TOOK POWER.

The september 11 attacks were clearly preventable in anyway you look at it, if federal regulations would have been followed, the jets would have never been able to reach their targets.

our economy is shit while the rich are still getting richer.

bush continues showing complete and utter disrespect and ignorance to the rest of the world while the feds are sending people to prison regardless of the fact that their actions are legal under laws citizens in california voted in.

north korea is able to nuke us on the west coast.

and besides that, iraq couldnt hit us if they wanted to. al quida is not down with irag. and a war in the middle east is all bad.

mother fuckers talking about premptive nuclear strikes.

hmmm..lets use weapons of mass destruction cause hes got weapons of mass destruction.

if they try to take bagdahd, expect a us body count in the thousandsl-cause that mother fucker has used chem. weapons on enemy troops before, as well as his own people. 5000 iranian soldiers killed in one battle.

besides, saddam cant even whup the kurds.

and now they got the patriot act two and shit......

in short, were fucked.

have a nice day.

Guest imported_Tesseract

"We Germans in particular have a duty to do everything to ensure that war - above all a war of aggression - never again becomes a legitimate means of policy," shouted Friedrich Schorlemmer

...listen to that.

i have to pose this question,

what is goin to take for people to realize that we do not live in a society where everyone is goin to get along? all in all these movements will most likely amount to nothing, moving on their part but in the big picture, semi meaningless, im no war monger, nor a right winger but sometimes theres a reality to thngs, i respect peoples opinions here, this is just a thought,

besides all the underlying subplots of war on iraq (anything from oil, trying to gain pop, bush is retarded) the threat is real, and its sad to think that its goin to take another 9-11 for people to once again feel the same way. I would rather attempt to stop things before they happen again, because the simple matter of fact is people dont like america, their ideals and the people that live there and are willing to harm/kill people for their "cause" now that is my family and friends in the crosshairs, and id rather protect that than let it simply hapen because we can work it out "peacefully" no war is never a good thing, its a tragic reality, warfare has been married to mankind since probably the dawn of time, not too be a dick but we "deal with it"

this was not meant to be a pro bush, pro war fuck everyone post, just kinda another viewpoint on the situation, i appreciate everyones posts here (the thoughtful ones) and this was just another 2 cents to the thought bank.

anyways my prayers are out to all innocents involved.

No offense to all the peaceful protestors but I think at a certain point if want someone to listen to you, you're gonna have to light something on fire. All the protest that I've been to in the US have been peaceful and some of them quite large but none of them had alot of press coverage and not that many people outside of those directly affected knew about them. I'm not for all out anarchy, but I'm not saying I couldn't use some new home furnishings and a nice jacket for those cold nights.

the threat is real because of us foriegn policy. let me spell it out for you, the reason people want to kill americans is because of i s r a e l i actions. we support them completely. they kill people and have settlements illegal under international law.

so if your concerened that the threat is real, how much realer do you think its going to get when we annex an oil rich country and kill a few million of its citizens. in the first gulf war millions of iraqis were killed including 500,000 CHILDREN.

starting a war does deal with the threat, it substantially increases it.

suppose we took the seventy or so billion dollars that is about to be blown on this bullshit war and assisted in repairing war damaged infrastructure in palestine. do you think we would have thousands of militants wanting to kill us if we are building them schools and hospitals, power plants and economic infrastructure.

do you not recall saddams scorched earth policy?

and besides that, you know that with bush their's dick..who's haliburton oil company has bought oil from iraq while iraq was under embargo, so outright, the vice presidents company has been bankrolling iraq until now. just like the taliban.

and to top it all off, WE GAVE THE PSYCHO MOTHER FUCKER THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION TO BEGIN WITH.

starting a war is the absolute worst possible course of action to pursue.

Originally posted by yoink

i the threat is real, and its sad to think that its goin to take another 9-11 for people to once again feel the same way. I would rather attempt to stop things before they happen again, because the simple matter of fact is people dont like america, their ideals and the people that live there and are willing to harm/kill people for their "cause" now that is my family and friends in the crosshairs, and id rather protect that than let it simply hapen because we can work it out "peacefully" no war is never a good thing, its a tragic reality, warfare has been married to mankind since probably the dawn of time, not too be a dick but we "deal with it"

whatever...

it's still better to get them before they get us. and if we back down, you know they'll start shit. they're all power hungry S.O.B's and you gotta do what's necessary to survive.

Originally posted by ********

yeah first off simma down naw. :cool:

second. i dont need a lecture nor do i need people spewing off facts.

third im glad to hear you voice your opinions,

fourth, i wasnt posting what we should do, or anyone should do, only some thoughts on the matter.

suppose we took the seventy or so billion dollars that is about to be blown on this bullshit war and assisted in repairing war damaged infrastructure in palestine. do you think we would have thousands of militants wanting to kill us if we are building them schools and hospitals, power plants and economic infrastructure.

and....yes ;)

i know what people say doesnt change opions...BUT...heres a quote i think people will enjoy...

"If your 21 and not a Democrat, your evil. But if your 35, and not a Republican, your stupid."

i hope people see where im going with this

stop being so idealistic and get a grip on real life

id rather see iraqi children die than my children die because of some terrorist with a suit case nuke

oh yeah...and about no blood for oil

well

why do you think the countries against war, are against it

they dont have oil wells

they import it

hmm

who has oil

iraq

hmmm

lets think...

we have oil

we dont need iraqs

and

if politicians are so greedy, why waste billions on a "bullshit" war

and without this so called "oil"

these liberals wouldnt be able to drive their kia's around perfectville, suburbia and college campuses

what else...i had another point but i can think

fuck

well if i think of it ill post it

but yeah...i hope some people atleast get another view to look at this war

its bad...i dont want to see people die

but rather them than us...yeah i know im going to hell

oh wait

and 500,000 iraqi kids

1. where do you get these numbers

2. with all the tax dollars but into these smart bombs...i think we can manage to miss the mass iraqi orphanage camps they have set up around the country...they flipped out over a bomb hitting a bus...i think theyd tell us about 500,000 kiddies

as for my reason why I am not against the war.....that is a whole another big long post

as for the French oppisition(sp)

French Military History in a Nutshell

The Complete Military History of France

- Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, and Italian.

- Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

-Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

-The Dutch War - Tied

-War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

-War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

-World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador, fails after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?" but rather "How long until France collapses?" "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."

Originally posted by Tesseract

"We Germans in particular have a duty to do everything to ensure that war - above all a war of aggression - never again becomes a legitimate means of policy," shouted Friedrich Schorlemmer

...listen to that.

wurd to fuggin god homey. there's a lot of ignorant dudes up in the mix. thanks europe for a very nice thread. i wasn't able to attend; i work in non-profit and had a previous social-justice engagement, but my whole family and all of my friends that are not completely apathetic or have substance abuse problems were all out today.

TEARS.

fuck a war

fuck a bu$hmoney millionaire

fuck US foriegn policy

and fuck a fucking israel and us support of them

holla.

Originally posted by .:armr:.

id rather see iraqi children die than my children die because of some terrorist with a suit case nuke

g'wan, tell me how war on iraq will prevent this? hmm?

if anything, it makes it all the more likely, as war will give these people yet another reason to hate america.

Archived