THE HAWAII THREAD(paper version)

ANEL*PS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKSTRUCKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATK

i dont mean to sound like a meanie but.....

ja'know, I can't make out a single letter in that

and it ain't a good thing

Letters need structure

It's all to common for the newbie to want to jump straight into wildstyle...because yes, it is easy to make a jumbled up mess and call them letters that only you recognize. I was once guilty of this myself. And the common non-graffiti writing citizen might tell you it looks neat because "they cant read it and you're not supposed to be able to read graffiti...blah blah blah" but the fact is they wont remember your name because the picture in their head is just a mess.

Yet, the fact is, a good wildstyle is based off a solid SIMPLE. Take this advice you all.....a solid simple will get you far, just look at all the top dogs in Hawaii: Float can really freak a simple, Atak has solid simples, ODB has clean straight letter simples, Areo gets funky with it as well, even Detr had solid straight letters when he came through. It is the simple that the public can read and remember

It is KEY to understand how to make dope simple letters. Once you totally understand letter structure, you can then start adding extensions and connections and arrows but only in the right spots...where it looks like it belongs there, but don't overdo it. There is a science to it, and it only comes with practice.

But you cannot stress enough the importance of a good clean, funky, simple. So just take some time out from all the wildstyle hankerings you may have and just practice simples for a good while, you'll be thankful you did

Originally posted by Strucker Hat

ATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKSTRUCKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATKATK

please pleaseee for meee get a lifeeee!!!!!

Re: i dont mean to sound like a meanie but.....

Originally posted by anonymity1

ja'know, I can't make out a single letter in that

and it ain't a good thing

Letters need structure

It's all to common for the newbie to want to jump straight into wildstyle...because yes, it is easy to make a jumbled up mess and call them letters that only you recognize. I was once guilty of this myself. And the common non-graffiti writing citizen might tell you it looks neat because "they cant read it and you're not supposed to be able to read graffiti...blah blah blah" but the fact is they wont remember your name because the picture in their head is just a mess.

Yet, the fact is, a good wildstyle is based off a solid SIMPLE. Take this advice you all.....a solid simple will get you far, just look at all the top dogs in Hawaii: Float can really freak a simple, Atak has solid simples, ODB has clean straight letter simples, Areo gets funky with it as well, even Detr had solid straight letters when he came through. It is the simple that the public can read and remember

It is KEY to understand how to make dope simple letters. Once you totally understand letter structure, you can then start adding extensions and connections and arrows but only in the right spots...where it looks like it belongs there, but don't overdo it. There is a science to it, and it only comes with practice.

But you cannot stress enough the importance of a good clean, funky, simple. So just take some time out from all the wildstyle hankerings you may have and just practice simples for a good while, you'll be thankful you did

your advice is so true but ive been graffin for 2 years and all i have been doing wer simple letters and now ive come to a point wer only i can understand my style and i wanna keep it that way.

you probly are a true experiance writer but this is not my only style. right now im expirimenting with diffrent styles and im getting the hang of this wild style its true no one will remember my name if i keep this up. but think about my bombing style and all my bombing style that people can read will all have atleast one similar thing linking it to my wild style so i dont worry about no one knowing my name cus im jus in it for the art.....i give you props for wat ever you have done but ill try to go ahead on my path.

i hate to sound like an asshole......but 2 YEARS and your wildstyle looks like that. come on...really...do what anonymity 1 said and start with the simples, even though your a "2 year veteran"..you gotta start over cause that simple you did at the corner of your "wildstyle" doesnt look like its been worked on for 2 years.

-out

Originally posted by DERA

i hate to sound like an asshole......but 2 YEARS and your wildstyle looks like that. come on...really...do what anonymity 1 said and start with the simples, even though your a "2 year veteran"..you gotta start over cause that simple you did at the corner of your "wildstyle" doesnt look like its been worked on for 2 years.

-out

nah man da only reason da it looks like a peace of shit is dat this picture is very small and its kinna hard to make a picture nice if its small its probly only 3 millimeters long at the most i can show up for more effort but i chose not to on dat one... i get wat u mean but like i sed thats not my best simple shit

Originally posted by far...

even if some of what anonymity said also applies to you?! that is DOPE! that is graffiti ART!!!

ummm... -thanx, i guess... an ummm yea, i knoe ive gotta work on MY simples, an my letter structures.. i aint even TRYina front w/ thAt shytt... :king:

boat huh? wasnt there a boat in te? and you hit up oreo on your role call but you obviously dont even know who he is. hmm you wouldnt happen to know KODE would you? not the kode from cali or whatever, but the one that has a pink bomb runnin by ewa on the freeway or something. hahaha i might just be trippin. oh and whoever you know that writes beas you should tell them to quit unless its one of the original beas'. and if anyone thinks im hating i honestly dont care but if you are who i think you are then you should know who i am to.

Originally posted by whats hapnin

boat huh? wasnt there a boat in te? and you hit up oreo on your role call but you obviously dont even know who he is. hmm you wouldnt happen to know KODE would you? not the kode from cali or whatever, but the one that has a pink bomb runnin by ewa on the freeway or something. hahaha i might just be trippin. oh and whoever you know that writes beas you should tell them to quit unless its one of the original beas'. and if anyone thinks im hating i honestly dont care but if you are who i think you are then you should know who i am to.

first of all idk about any boat in TE second this oreo is another oreo obviously...who would right some one on his role call if he didnt even know him.third i do know who kode is.third the beas on my role call is probly the original one but idk hes been graffin for a while. i have no idea who u are so can u fill me in....i dont think u be hate in ur jus staten da facts

if your letters have no structure, your graffiti "art" is weak. if you dont understand what structure is, fuck you. if you just started writing, you shouldnt give advice cause you couldve spent that time working on your own shit instead of judging someone elses. having consistancy and proportion along with a solid simple steez is a good way to think about shit when you start writing, but who really starts graffiti as a serious dedicated writer. if theyre for real about their shit it will take a few years for the skill to become aparent but that wont be a problem cause there aint noone to impress anyway. oreo hp is sein so since you didnt hit him up as sein it makes me think that you dont know him thats all. too much marijuana causes an advanced thought process which instills nuerological pathways that ultimately help your style. all in all what im trying to say is smoke weed and do graffiti mother fuckers.

dude why the fuck does every body think thata the same oreo ur talking about like i sed in my last post its sum one i know...lets get it straight this oreo isnt sien ok..and ill try to take ur advice on smoking more weed cus i think its good for me

Originally posted by Strucker Hat

reminds me of tonk

are u talkin about my picture?...if u are then ill tell u tonk is the one who got me started in graff wen he was drunk one new years night started to show me his shit and convinced me to start graffin...so its no suprise my style would look kinna like his.

Originally posted by anonymity1

take my advice or not but you should really work on your simples until they have some funk to it. There is an inconsistency in your lettering, a few letters look all right and then at the end it starts getting plain busted.

ok ill try taking ur advice and ill hit u up if i have any progress

Originally posted by whats hapnin

all in all what im trying to say is smoke weed and do graffiti mother fuckers.

i like this advise, but i dont know if it works. i think i smoke too much and it stops me from writing. better advise would be to drop some acid, but you cant really find it in hawaii anymore. lucky for me i got 8 hits waiting for me to take. hopefully i'll get some sketches in before i wigg-out.

read this all of you

Originally posted by DERA

-out

plese don't refer to 2 years as a vet. i've bin writtin since 93 and i'm still a rookie. wild style is a true art...one thing about wild style is figuring out, how to discet your letters. next step is presenting it so it's ledgable. this is the reson why you need to learn your letters first. i'll be back with examples:idea:

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

]:{o>

^ i havent seen you in quite awhile. where ya been?

workin...11hr shifts 6 days a week. mostly have time to just see whats going on then i'm out. was gonna paint today but i'm too drunck..

anyways here's an example... also look for sketchs by "zone" he rocks the wild styles...

B]http://www.artcrimes.com/conn/kem.jpg'> [/b]

Re: read this all of you

Originally posted by ]:{o>

plese don't refer to 2 years as a vet. i've bin writtin since 93 and i'm still a rookie. wild style is a true art...one thing about wild style is figuring out, how to discet your letters. next step is presenting it so it's ledgable. this is the reson why you need to learn your letters first. i'll be back with examples:idea:

please help me out with my work every one is telling me to start over but idk wer to start.

Archived