eminem vs cage

MEROJUANA

Originally posted by seeking

dude, i used to have a crate of mike zoot promos. too bad i threw em all out.

i need to get on some euro e-bay shit, and unload all my old vinyl. i've got ALL the old underground shit.

i wonder what i could get for a juggaknots original vinyl...

haha, tell me about it... i've got several old zoot promos, but i've never really been into selling records. done some trading though, and actually traded a record bag full of stuff in london (all older underground- mostly doubles and promos) for a whole new full bag of good stuff. i've got the juggs too, in mint condition as a matter of fact- seen them pushing 100 balls on ebay... :) i don't think it's one i could part with though... you'd sell it? i had two but i gave one to a friend for a birthday. he wasn't a rap fan but he loved clear blue skies... oh well, can't say i regret it that much.

other notables- check your collection-

1st company flow OP- worth a lot...

old makin records singles- esp natural resource baseball/bums (btw, i'm looking for "bums" remix if you have it ;)...)

all fondle 'em- got em all except for the original cenobites

earliest rawkus- esp. mos def "if you can huh.."

and that's just ny underground hahaha... for some reason all of the west coast stuff goes for crazy $ on ebay- if you have 93 til or no need for alarm, that's cream... also all balls- got the original promo, autographed actually from 96...

i've got all of the above minus the souls and that one natural resource...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yo seeking im not trying ot call u out so dont come back at me with all big words n shit trying to diss me for my opinion but here goes....

i think eminem started good...fell off big time and is coming back now..

..the 8 mile soundtrack is out standing(the cuts he was on)

the eminem show was decent, not that great to me..basically the marshall mathers lp with a bit more vocabualry and some more political views.

i think cage is dope, i have since i herd radio head...cage used to suck a whole lot and ill be the first to admit it...he sucked hard cock at the beggining...and was stupid enough to keep dissing eminem when em pretty much jus gave it up.

cage is dope now...all the new cuts on his album were top chioce for me..and nighthawks fucking ripped it superior for me..i loved it.

nighthawks was great, especialy in the time frame the completed it in.

and about how u said ill bill was decent man....listen to the freestyle over the memph bleek beat, or the new song with beatnuts-yae yo or somthing liek and come back and tell me hes only decent...ill bill can flow so well at times and on the right beats...i think ill bill might be one of the most talented out there...cause he can flip it to anystyle.

"run up in police precints with assault rifles, kill police and throw bibles"

when i herd that, i was a fan for life...

so once agian seeking theres no need for u to come and try and rip on my for this shit,....its jus a discussion.

yea alot of my spelling is off, fuck school

all and all...i think cage got him...cage is getting better and better..eminem is slowly dieing out..and its a shame cause he has skill...but he complains way too much about shit

ummm no. sorry man, i'm not trying to be harsh or a dick either, i understand it's just discussion...

ill bill is a joke i'm sorry. non-phixion used to get just laughed at in nyc in the 90s... they'd always be opening up and get no love in their own city and that's because they were bad. no other reason. they also have always reminded me of those huge white boys that started to show up to hip hop shows around that same time and wanted to flex their frat tattoos and start fights. but that's another issue. (ri has a lot of these dudes for some reason):)

seeking pretty much summed it up with cage... see "saying nigga and snorting coke..."

and jedi mind tricks... another stupid group. have you seen them live before? awful. how can you take a group seriously with a white fake muslim who either wears some chinese straw hat or a fubu wave cap and is a terrible rapper (no joke, he the fubu wave cap at a show i saw in like 97 haha) and that other dude who sweats saying the word "faggot" like it's going out of style. he's a poor man's freddie foxx. some of their stuff i have liked- that song with the rhodes organ was nice on their last album, but overall, i just can't take them seriously. and when it comes down to it, it's about the music, and none of these people come close to hacking it.

i guess my point is, that none of these people are really terrible, but none of them are good. to me they're obsolete.

t-bell bomber.

haha, im not gonna argue or dis you. you can like whatever you want to.

tearz, someone jacked my copy of 'no need for alarm' last time i played... im still pissed about it.

im waiting for the old anticon shit to start pulling in big dollars... i'll be raking in the dough.

i dont have all the old fondel em stuff, but ive got enough to buy myself a new pelle pelle jacket, and thats all that matters to me.

jigga what? jigga who?

i wish they didnt re-release (bootleg) everything good in the last couple years.

and finally, no, i couldnt part with blue skies. thats one of my favorite hip hop albums of all times. i do think, however, i could do without my lord sear, godfather don, pumpkin head, etc, etc... and yeah, ive got some west coast shit i could unload too. ive got a green vinyl CVE EP, from 96. they made about a thousand of em. theres gotta be some japanese kid willing to trade his sister for it...

Seeking you fuck with Canibus?

You seem like an intelligent dude so I figured you might like him.

That's where I got my quote from, even tho I dont think circularized is a word...

But the shit about the Library of Alexandria is on point/interested.

He's a fuckin smart dude, I like his approach

im not sayin those people who dont like jedi are dipshits but im just gonna qoute a few lines for ya.

"my peeps walk the streets with stolen heat like prometheous/" -jus allah

"...repeat the gun twice-i laugh as i cast the first stones at christ/" -jus allah

"...infliecting damage on your glick circulatory-causeing hand spasams/ grip through your mother fuckin temple like phantasam/" -ikon

"from heaven exiled-comin outta my shell like metal projectiles" -jus allah

now i admit that ALOT of their shit is wack as alllllllll hell. but they have about 7 songs that could rip anyone up.

I borrowed the last eminem CD from my friend for a couple of days

and promply gave it back without burning a copy or downloading even one song

to my computer. There wasn't one decent song in the batch.

Dude fell off before he ever really got on...

'berg, i like some of canibus' stuff. dude has amazing potential and yet still makes some of the most corny fucking songs ever.

i dont know.

he needs some quality control in his life. he has some lines tht are absolutely incredible, but then others that you're like 'what was dude thinking'?

i don't listen to either.

i don't like cage...every now and then he'll have a decent line, but his whole delivery, concept, and everything is really derivative. he looks like a frat boy. and he and copywrite suck live. at first i thought i was feeling it, and it got really boring, really fast. so fuck him.

eminem is decent. overrated and underrated. i think he'd rip cage in a battle, and that's judging from what i've seen of him on video in scribble from way back in 97. but i may be wrong, because i don't know anything about cage's freestyles.

is this actual beef or some fanboy's hypothesis?

also, why bother listing white mc's? mc's are mc's... and eminem makes too big of a deal about himself being white, as if no one's done it before and as if there aren't better white mcs out there.. that's my primary beef with eminem, i don't give a fuck that he's white, and anybody who knows jack shit besides what they see on bet and mtv probably doesn't really give a fuck either.

eminem robbed at scribble? i don't know about that. it's funny how most of his punchlines showed up on the slim shady lp...

as far as the whole "eminem vs. cage" thing goes, cage is pretty much just playing himself. eminem has been smart enough not to give that jackass any more attention, whereas cage just can't let it go.

anybody ever heard of Doom Tree? they're from here. they're about to go on tour with josh martinez i believe. they seem to be the best new commers in minneapolis.

was josh martinez kicked out of anticon???

hiphop sucks.

ehh.

i like cage, i think hes got some good concepts, and i think hes creative. his voice is interesting, i like how he has 3 distinct sounds that he uses constantly. i think his delivery could really use some work, but when he has the right beat (like "too much" from Movies For....) he sounds dope.

that said....

eminem is probably the most technically skilled mc ive ever heard. hes got the upper hand on 99% of the rap world. i think hes only gotten better, hes at the point now where he still uses the crazy ass rhyme structure hes always had but is able to tell a storie with it. he can stay on a topic without losing any of the complexity. i dont even really listen to him very much, but hes damn near untouchable. and by the way, hes not the only "famous" rapper talking some political stuff... Jay-z, trick daddy (!!!), nas, etc. all have released political songs recently (some more political than others).

eminem was better than juice at scribble 97, in my opinion. juice sounded a little better, but he couldnt compare with eminems punchlines (haha, a LOT of those did show up on later songs).

hahaha, i love ill bill, and non phixion too. i think there is a time and place for it (any time, any place). its not the most progressive thing out there, but its good (in my opinion). the album had a lot of nice beats, and some really good tracks. i dont think ill bill or sabac can touch goretex though, his newest singles are dope.

i like mike zoot, or at least i did last time i checked...that was about 4 years ago, so things may have changed... i remember he was on some of the early rawkus era posse cuts with mos, punch and words, makin records people and all of them. i remember him and el da sensei had a real dope track...

extended famm rules.

oh yeah, one more thing....

josh martinez sounds a little to much like lyrics born at times, it makes me uncomfortable.

and if you havent heard it, check out the song Thug Holiday by trick daddy... its almost weird how politically charged that song is (for mainstream radio rap, esp. for trick daddy).

paris still rules.

whoever said that eminems last album was good are stupid. that was the biggest load of shit i've heard. the beats were AWFUL and the rhymes are tired as hell. i am hoping and praying he goes back to doing funny and mindbending rhymes again cos this whole 'my life was so bad' schtick he's been pushing for the last 2 albums is bor-ring

Eminem is easily better than Cage. Whether we like it or not, theres alot more to being an MC than just having nice lines.

This was something posted a couple years ago by a guy named GoldenChild in alt.rap, take it for what you will...

I can't believe what I'm hearing in here. All I hear is "But his skills

blah blah blah". I thought some of you were MC's? Of course skills are

important, but your words aren't everything. Listen, having presence,

charisma, and personality are skills in their own right. People say shit

like "Well, Ja-Rule is wack, he only sells because of this and that".

No, he sells because he has presence and a persona. He's not just a dude

on the mic, he creates a character, it's alot like acting. See, to me,

these things are basic things an MC should know, you guys not kowing

these things leads me to believe that ya'll are some fake ass MC's. A

guy like Ras Kass will NEVER blow up because he has no presence. A guy

like Kiss will blow up everytime 'cause he does. It's not that he's

watered down so people like him, it has nothing to do with that, it's

the skill behind the skill. I could coach a regular MC into sounding

like he's been making albums for years and the methods are so simple,

the fact that you guys don't understand them are ridiculous. And to me,

if you don't even rap in a studio then your opinion holds no weight

because you don't even understand what you're listening to. You're like

a girl rating an actor on how good he looks, because you're not seeing

anything but the obvious. Jay-Z, Kiss, Method Man, Snoop, Eminem,

Outkast, Nas, Ghostface, Biggie, 2Pac, Foxy Brown, Bleek, Noreaga,

Shyne, Nelly, Ja Rule, DMX, Slick Rick...what do all these guys have in

common? That they all sell records? Yes, but why? because they all have

presence and personality and they understand how to spit on a mic. The

Genius, Ras Kass, Inspektah Deck, Drag-On, The Beatnuts, Sauce Money,

Kweli, Rosco, Mic Geronimo, Kurupt, Company Flow, Afu Ra, Jeru....what

do all these guys have in common? That they DON'T sell? Yeah...but why?

because they don't have any presence or personality. And it's not like

these cats haven't tried to sell out, but it hasn't worked 'cause they

don't have the charisma. All I'm saying is, it is RIDICULOUS to play

that off as something that doesn't even count on the mic. People say

"But look at the skills", okay, lets look at 'em...okay this cat has

better writing skills, but this one over here has better all around mic

skills. This is the exact reason why every internet MC you hear is

boring to listen to and puts you to sleep, 'cause they don't understand

how to use the mic, they just know how to rhyme (if that). Stop

believing that these MC's that blow up were given a Million dollars on a

platinum platter. They had to grind and go through the underground

passage to make it the promise land just like every other MC. The reason

they got there quicker is because they understand what I'm saying right

now. One.

Originally posted by alleniverson

I can't believe what I'm hearing in here. All I hear is "But his skills

blah blah blah". I thought some of you were MC's? Of course skills are

important, but your words aren't everything. Listen, having presence,

charisma, and personality are skills in their own right. People say shit

like "Well, Ja-Rule is wack, he only sells because of this and that".

No, he sells because he has presence and a persona. He's not just a dude

on the mic, he creates a character, it's alot like acting. See, to me,

these things are basic things an MC should know, you guys not kowing

these things leads me to believe that ya'll are some fake ass MC's. A

guy like Ras Kass will NEVER blow up because he has no presence. A guy

like Kiss will blow up everytime 'cause he does. It's not that he's

watered down so people like him, it has nothing to do with that, it's

the skill behind the skill. I could coach a regular MC into sounding

like he's been making albums for years and the methods are so simple,

the fact that you guys don't understand them are ridiculous. And to me,

if you don't even rap in a studio then your opinion holds no weight

because you don't even understand what you're listening to. You're like

a girl rating an actor on how good he looks, because you're not seeing

anything but the obvious. Jay-Z, Kiss, Method Man, Snoop, Eminem,

Outkast, Nas, Ghostface, Biggie, 2Pac, Foxy Brown, Bleek, Noreaga,

Shyne, Nelly, Ja Rule, DMX, Slick Rick...what do all these guys have in

common? That they all sell records? Yes, but why? because they all have

presence and personality and they understand how to spit on a mic. The

Genius, Ras Kass, Inspektah Deck, Drag-On, The Beatnuts, Sauce Money,

Kweli, Rosco, Mic Geronimo, Kurupt, Company Flow, Afu Ra, Jeru....what

do all these guys have in common? That they DON'T sell? Yeah...but why?

because they don't have any presence or personality. And it's not like

these cats haven't tried to sell out, but it hasn't worked 'cause they

don't have the charisma. All I'm saying is, it is RIDICULOUS to play

that off as something that doesn't even count on the mic. People say

"But look at the skills", okay, lets look at 'em...okay this cat has

better writing skills, but this one over here has better all around mic

skills. This is the exact reason why every internet MC you hear is

boring to listen to and puts you to sleep, 'cause they don't understand

how to use the mic, they just know how to rhyme (if that). Stop

believing that these MC's that blow up were given a Million dollars on a

platinum platter. They had to grind and go through the underground

passage to make it the promise land just like every other MC. The reason

they got there quicker is because they understand what I'm saying right

now. One.

then how the fuck did mase get popular? he's got no skills and no personality! and this guy's talking about jadakiss. what the fuck is so special about that guy? he's got a fucking personality deficiency disorder. the guy is boring as hell and he has weak ass rhymes. fuck that shit nigguh

Ever heard of DITC? Mase grew up rapping on a Harlem street corner with Big L and Camron. He had skills back in the day. As to why he blew up. He had a look and an image. Think back to about 97/98 when him and Puff were wearing the flashy suits and making the club songs.

He had Puff and Biggie to promote him. Also I would think of him more as a flavor of the month, not necessarily an MC who blew up.

Originally posted by alleniverson

Ever heard of DITC? Mase grew up rapping on a Harlem street corner with Big L and Camron. He had skills back in the day. As to why he blew up. He had a look and an image. Think back to about 97/98 when him and Puff were wearing the flashy suits and making the club songs.

He had Puff and Biggie to promote him. Also I would think of him more as a flavor of the month, not necessarily an MC who blew up.

yeah, but this guy is arguing that it's personality that is making dudes popular. mase aint got one. neither have the lox, yet for some reason they are popular (well, not mase, but you know what i mean). regardless of shiny suits or whatever. i could put on a sequined jumpsuit, doesn't mean i'm gunna be bigger than elvis

Mase got popular, because at the time, a mass amount of the public wanted to hear jiggy dance songs in the clubs, not everyone likes him, including me. but you got to realize when somebody goes out to a club, the last thing they want to hear is non-phixion, or any other hip hop that is extremely lyrical, they want dance beats. Sure mase was down with big l and d.i.t.c, but thats not what made a celebrity, it was the dance tracks that puffy influenced.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

Mase got popular, because at the time, a mass amount of the public wanted to hear jiggy dance songs in the clubs, not everyone likes him, including me. but you got to realize when somebody goes out to a club, the last thing they want to hear is non-phixion, or any other hip hop that is extremely lyrical, they want dance beats. Sure mase was down with big l and d.i.t.c, but thats not what made a celebrity, it was the dance tracks that puffy influenced.

exactly. personality doesn't mean anything. it's all about selling out for what's cool

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

then how the fuck did mase get popular? he's got no skills and no personality! and this guy's talking about jadakiss. what the fuck is so special about that guy? he's got a fucking personality deficiency disorder. the guy is boring as hell and he has weak ass rhymes. fuck that shit nigguh

Mase became popular because awhile back that's when Harlem was clickin, he was Murda Mase and ran with Camron, Big L, Cardan, and he had that flow to him, that persona about him.

He carried himself well, I never really liked dude and I still don't but yea, the way he presented himself had people buying into his shit, he used to have a laid back, I don't give a fuck, witty flow but he strayed. Ask fabolous.

As for Jadakiss, he's got a nice style/delivery and he carries himself well to that's why he's known...

"You know what I'm about when I run up in the house put the gun up in ya mouth and get the money out the couch, hearin you out is senseless, perhaps for instance, I give this faggot a french kiss, black gloves no prints an dark tints, word on the street they ain't heard from him since..."

I think that's how it went, not sure I forget. But the flow on that is real defined and falls nice on the ears.

"Even tho you seen me in an outta your house, there's no way she could have a baby outta her mouth"

People like to here shit like that.

Reminds me of, Nas, I think Nas is fake as fuck, I think he's a sellout and in general, even tho I don't know him personally I don't like him as a person. But he's got that fuckin flow.

One of my favourite verses by him is of eye for an eye, on infamy (my favourite mobb deep joint), his flow is on point.

seeking yea I feel you on that. I already forgot he came out with that C True hollywood stories bullshit. I don't know what that was about.

Eminem needs to change his beats up and stop rapping in that whiney voice about his moms. I haven't heard any cage since Agent Orange came out - and that is a dope track for sure. If we're talking about white mc's, or dope underground mc's in general, I have to say that I'm really checking for Edan at the moment - the guys clever and funny and his rhymes are on point. Word up!

Originally posted by seeking

cage is a fucking retard who hasent done anything good since his first 12". you fat piece of shit, do more coke, say 'nigga' till your white face turns black and at the end of the day, you're still ignored completely outside of the tri-state area. ill bill? that dude has been mediocre for a decade and i find it hard to believe that somehow the years are gracing him with more talent.

eminem's career is far from nearly over. dude is probably the dopest emcee out right now, bar none. he doesnt cater to a 'younger' audience, it's just that a lot of younger kids get into him. his albums have gotten more concistent with each one. infact, the only time they suck is when he lets his boys rap. other than that, every song on the last one was good, and white america was classic.

dude's dope. yall is haters. blah.

couldn't have said it better myself-

moving on ---have you all got to listening the new em shit-- where he murders the guy from the source.. on the shady records mix tape sampler or something like that- download it- damn-its good

allshitty,

no one's ever been kicked off anticon, they just sort of fade into the background. josh has always had his own label that he was trying to do. he was supposed to have one 12" (actually a 10") come out on anticon (women loving women) but it was decided it would be better suited for his own label.

in dealing with rap and personalities as large as some people, occasionaly not everyones heads can fit inside the same recording booth. it happens.

how anyone can still have enthusiasm about hip hop is beyond me....the "underground" is so full of the "drop knowledge while having the presence of a rock" crowd its disgusting...it would have been nice if these people would have stuck to posting theyre drivel on some internet battle board where no one had to listen to the empty delivery and corny ass bedroom beats....

i can see why wet made a comeback with the hip hop crowd

Archived