Rememberance Thread

non-hetero

Well today is Rememberance Day in Canada, I guess it's called Veteran's Day in other countries.

I would like everyone to take a moment to reflect on what those in the past have done, what it has meant, and how better your life is because of them.

Put yourself in their shoes. Turn on the history channel for once. What those men and women did is the definition of courage without a doubt.

Some worked hard at home to support their country, some gave years of service, some gave their lives. I am thankful. I hope to god I am never in the same situation.

http://www.legion.ca/image/poppy.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Great thread!!

Both of my grandfathers were in past wars, normandy and korea...

Last year my grandfather passed away as a result of large amounts of schrapnel that was still in his body. He will be missed.

My other grandfather is missing two fingers from korea.

I look up to both of them and anyone else that made the sacrifices that these soldiers have made and continue to.

Esp. to those who paid the most ultimate of prices...

Remember...

YOUR FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. VALUE IT AND CHERISH IT FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY THING IT IS. IF YOU LOVE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VETERAN FOR IT.

Guest fr8lover

it made me really sad and scared the shit out of me to hear on the news a young girl speaking about veterans day, specifically the vietnam war.

she said something to the effect of "remebering the vietnam war dead because they gave their lives for our freedom and for the great country of america." i mean, i dont know what they are teaching these kids in school but if anything, america killed those men.

but i dont want to start ranting about this, i just didnt know of a better place to put it. all reasons aside, they are all 100000x braver than ill ever be, and im glad we take a day aside, even though thats not really enough.

Originally posted by graffsurgeon

well, my grandfather was on Normandy beach..his boys dropped and he fucking gunned it..feet dont fail me now i guess..

Jesus, man, what a fucking rush (not the good kind, the "I think I feel something sliding down the back of my leg" kind.)

RIP to all those who fought bravely and especially for those who lost their lives... and what's more incredible about these people, they knew their blood was buying freedom that would be coming even to those who didn't deserve it.

RIP also to anyone who has ever served this country and their families to make the world a better place for someone other than themselves. They are the true heroes.

RIP, its sad alot of people in my generation dont grasp the shit that could be going on now if it werent for the unsung heroes of wars that arent nearly as apreciated as they should be. god damn man im grateful to the whole armed services who fought in anywar pre gul war , the gulf war is a war too but its changed now in ww2 they were using scud (sp?) missles and night vision and shit man, that was men running around with guns fighting not some tech geek hiding in a bunker shooting rockets.

yeah, people need to learn. The other day, I was visiting a "friend" of mine, and we hit the beer store by his house. I had no money, so I couldn't buy a poppy, as I usually do when at the beer or liquor store. I stated this, and this guy says "fuck the veterans, they're nothing but..." you get the idea. I grabbed him, told him to retract, he got all stubborn, so I pushed the little pussy on the ground and never spoke to him since. I don't plan to ever associate myself with this scum of the earth ever again. It's wierd what can come up after years of thinking you know someone...

Archived