things that are cooler than what i do...

superstarism

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that terror and richie car is one of the best cars ive seen before.......

when i met terror 161 he kind of played me like a toy cause i wasnt known outside sf. i wonder if he knows now. i knw the other guy that was with him who i wont mention knows good and well about me now thats a fact!!!!

Guest mikro137

ive always been real into old ny trains....in my opinion they are the best things in graff history...i think they are better than present shit..also the whole cars back then were ill as fuck....try and think of how many writers back then used a signature "stamp" for trains...and think about another thing....how many writers then painted trains for #'s??? prob none...i just like everything that old school nyc brought to the scene...everything is so awesome about it...any one read the Dondi White book????

im thinkin of ordering it...its written by Zephyr and Dondi's brother...

i will have more flicks soon

in the mean time if anyone can post some Zephyr trains or Flint 707 trains i would appreciate it..thnx

mos_j1-

the more things change....

people didn't call them stamps, but lots of people did the same thing often. the famous ones that still get heavy play now (2 sides of the graf politics always) did change up their style a lot. but plenty of people did the same thing over and over. especially the throwup cats, which were the stamps of that time. Cap sure as hell had a stamp, and he sure did it a lot. Numbers? well, let's not forget that In did label his 1000th car and Blade has a pretty good idea of how many cars he did.

there's lots of idyllic little facets to the magic of NY subway graf, but beware of laying on the gloss too thick when looking at the past. i love that stuff very very much too but lots of things, little details, weren't too different then they are now. writers haven't changed that much, circumstances have.

oh yeah, and just buy Dondi's book.. if you must, there's like 8 threads on why you should.

joewelcome,

i see your point...i dont know tho...i like alot of shit i see in today's scene..but it gets tired after awhile....lookin at old ny trains never gets tired on me...its hard to explain...i just like the whole style better...

but i do see your point

Archived