Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

Originally posted by slyle@Jun 5 2005, 11:47 PM

yeah that works....there is also a way to just add pressure to the can so that you can use the old paint...I forget who was doing it, but I know they are on here....by the way what colors you got?

I think that would be me. Yes, it is possible to add just pressure to a can with out screwing up the color.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Raw fish+Jun 9 2005, 06:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raw fish - Jun 9 2005, 06:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-slyle@Jun 5 2005, 11:47 PM

I think that would be me. Yes, it is possible to add just pressure to a can with out screwing up the color.

[/b]

Well whats the secret cause i have a boatload of old flavors that i planned to put on ebay real cheap cause i cn't get them to work. right now i have a few whites and some american accents on ebay. but i wanna use the old colors if i can..............

so please pm me if you don't want the world to know your chinese secret.

bem

its no secret...I think all you gotta do is find a can of just propellant, like the ones they use for the sprayers that have a bottle attached. You can find them at paint stores. You add that the same way you mix paint. But you must remeber that if a can leaked it will leak again. I also know people that have taken a good can of same color and added it to another cause you always notice a can runs out of paint before it runs out of pressure. Try and see what ones work best for you. Storing cans out of extreme cold heat will also increase the shelf life. Sometimes just warming a can up will allow it to have enough pressure to make them work.

• 2 weeks later...

from left to right:

_full white primer (doesnt work)

_full burgandy 1991

_terracota paper label & non paper label 1991 both full

_pasadena pink 1991, 1 full, 1 half used

_old rustmagic pewter gray (i have the cap, jus not in this pic) also full

...rare cans are alot harder to come by up in canada than the us. :shook:

• 1 month later...

Archived