Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

Originally posted by bostonwriter@Mar 11 2005, 09:15 AM

im looking for krylon hot rasberry

hit me up with a pm

I'd love to make it happen for you, but none of the paint in the flicks is up for trade. The only thing I would consider letting a display can go for is a Nybco Wet Look can in as good condition as possible. Like the two in the flick above.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by badmotorfinger+Mar 11 2005, 11:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (badmotorfinger - Mar 11 2005, 11:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Old Growth@Mar 11 2005, 08:50 AM

i just came up on a shit ton of those derusto cans (1 sparay in bad shape, and a gang of the quarts and pints) i really got into the derusto steez recently , but the colors are amazing and the label design (the black background jams from the late 60's or so) is on point as well. regardless its a more or less slept on brand.

[/b]

I really like Derusto paint. In recent years I think they've taken a turn for the worse, though. I got a couple cans of hi-heat black from Big Lots a week or two ago and the shit is watery garbage. Very surprising. The older stuff is pure gold, and the tins are excellent for painting canvases, if you're into that. I recall them making a really nice clover green lookalike. The only problem is that it takes forever to dry, like Rusto-leum.

nice to see some more replies in this thread..

im always on the lookout for some speedy sized cans (specifically interested in rusto and krylon speedy's) i have a fair amount of stuff to trade for them..

pastel aqua notch tops, harvest gold notch tops, many ingredient label and barcode krylon rust magic cans, green primer notch tops, hot pink name labels, pastel aqua name labels and more - all ready to be traded for speedy sized cans

let me know

Originally posted by dune493+Mar 11 2005, 11:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dune493 - Mar 11 2005, 11:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by badmotorfinger@Mar 11 2005, 10:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Old Growth@Mar 11 2005, 08:50 AM

and 60's Derusto Orange.

i just came up on a shit ton of those derusto cans (1 sparay in bad shape, and a gang of the quarts and pints) i really got into the derusto steez recently , but the colors are amazing and the label design (the black background jams from the late 60's or so) is on point as well. regardless its a more or less slept on brand.

1968 BRIGHT GOLD ENAMEL for trade.Get at me dune493@hotmail.com

BRIGHTGOLDENAMEL1968.jpg

*In the future, please resize your flicks to somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 pixels so it doesn't fuck up the screen size. Thanks.....OG

[/b]

Is this size better KILLER?

Originally posted by dune493+Mar 12 2005, 12:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dune493 - Mar 12 2005, 12:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dune493@Mar 11 2005, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by badmotorfinger@Mar 11 2005, 10:44 AM

and 60's Derusto Orange.

1968 BRIGHT GOLD ENAMEL for trade.Get at me dune493@hotmail.com

BRIGHTGOLDENAMEL1968.jpg

*In the future, please resize your flicks to somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 pixels so it doesn't fuck up the screen size. Thanks.....OG

[/b]

AVO. up for trade.DSCI0034.jpg

Originally posted by Old Growth+Mar 13 2005, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Growth - Mar 13 2005, 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dune493@Mar 12 2005, 01:27 PM

Yes thanks. You can make it twice that size if you like. No need for the attitude, I'm just trying to streamline this thread.

[/b]

Its all love yo.

My humble collection

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

I had about a dozen of each of these, but I used a lot of it.

'90 american light green, '89 pittsburgh safety green

02.jpg

01.jpg

If anyone is interested, I've got access to a ton of these skinny krylon

car cans. Not sure how old.

well, your boy is fucking me around big time on some bullshit and it's getting real tired, real quick.

nope, no digging for me. i came up on a big score, but it was all stuff to use. i've been too busy trying to actually be productive, paint's had to take a back seat for a bit. i'm sure spring will get me motivated again though.

to anyone buying shit off ebay or trading with "mr. verdes" (mr. clasico on here) do so at your own risk. i copped a can on ebay off him a month ago, paypaled the money, a week and a half later he tries raising the price (that i already payed, that he sent me a paypal invoice for), then he never sends the shit (after giving me the run around for weeks). a month goes by, he says he'll just refund my money, but i never got shit. i ask where it's at, and now he says he wont give me anything, that if i contact him again, he'll give me negative feedback. i hate putting business in the street, but i hate motherfuckers that sheisty even more. i know other cats have had no problem with him, but dude has been nothing but bullshit to me. deal with him at your own risk.

Originally posted by seeking@Mar 26 2005, 07:36 AM

to anyone buying shit off ebay or trading with "mr. verdes" (mr. clasico on here) do so at your own risk. i copped a can on ebay off him a month ago, paypaled the money, a week and a half later he tries raising the price (that i already payed, that he sent me a paypal invoice for), then he never sends the shit (after giving me the run around for weeks). a month goes by, he says he'll just refund my money, but i never got shit. i ask where it's at, and now he says he wont give me anything, that if i contact him again, he'll give me negative feedback. i hate putting business in the street, but i hate motherfuckers that sheisty even more. i know other cats have had no problem with him, but dude has been nothing but bullshit to me. deal with him at your own risk.

this is absolutely fucked

yeah man, first the crusades, then the killing fields in cambodia, then chernobyl, then the tusnami, and now this?!?!

naw, there are much worse injustices in the world, but i can't post on 12oz and end racism.

it's not a lot of money, but that's not the point. this is a small circle, jacking people is not acceptable.

^^^^^ Good point,but knocking the price up after the Ebay sale could get the seller in some serious bother with Ebay themselves.Anyhow,as i said a few pages back,try getting someone to send Rustos/Krylons to the UK! Bidded and won twice,and even though postage was worldwide,when it comes to delivering to the newest State of America,its refund time!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i have a half full can of Illinois Bronze: WET PAINT, Screaming Yellow color. it has no rust or dents, has a paper label that is in really good condition. how much do you guys think this can is worth?

picture:

wetpaint7ko.jpg

Originally posted by Old Growth+Mar 11 2005, 06:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Growth - Mar 11 2005, 06:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by badmotorfinger@Mar 11 2005, 11:44 AM

I really like Derusto paint. In recent years I think they've taken a turn for the worse, though. I got a couple cans of hi-heat black from Big Lots a week or two ago and the shit is watery garbage. Very surprising. The older stuff is pure gold, and the tins are excellent for painting canvases, if you're into that. I recall them making a really nice clover green lookalike. The only problem is that it takes forever to dry, like Rusto-leum.

[/b]

ohhh fuck yeah that clover green shit is the fucking shit. my entire liking of said brand was based around finding a random can of that shit (light green i believe) at this dollar store that is notorious for shit cans 95% of the time. i did a few painting with the tins over the summer , shit was nice , aslthough its a pain dealing with dry times (i found a hair dryer on low heat solves this quandry.

seeks , that is fucked and the reason i dont buy shit on ebay ever.

euro,

wet paint (and wet look) aren't worth a whole lot of money, cause most people dont know shit about them. you could probably score a couple krylons off somebody in trade, but if you're just looking to sell, you wont get dick.

Originally posted by Old Growth+Mar 11 2005, 01:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Growth - Mar 11 2005, 01:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bostonwriter@Mar 11 2005, 09:15 AM

im looking for krylon hot rasberry

hit me up with a pm

I'd love to make it happen for you, but none of the paint in the flicks is up for trade. The only thing I would consider letting a display can go for is a Nybco Wet Look can in as good condition as possible. Like the two in the flick above.

[/b]

Hey Old Growth...long time no talk...You interested in making a trade to get back the Groovey? I just came up on one that is the cleanest Wet Look I have ever seen. Also got your Navy Grey scottie you were looking for....PM me... :king:

Ohh and by the way...Seeking for the record Seen and Lee don't collect paint, they just have shit from back in the days. Lee actually is getting rid of alot of it he made little displays for them and is selling them off...kinda pricey though I think they are like $700 he does have alot of old shit though and good colors..

"seeking" (crushdiggidy) on ebay, is bitching and moaning over nothing. other cats have had no problem with me because i would never "jack" anyone. ($3.25) i do alot of can biz and everyone will tell you im not shady. dont need to be...

you tried to play me, you lost, tough luck. if you woulda handled your business like an adult, i never would have posted shit. you got no one to blame but yourself.

now, as far as i'm concerned, it's over, but if you wanna keep calling me a liar, please post the emails so cat's can see for themselves who's twisting shit.

Archived