What ever happened to...

Jewish Task Force

i have only been writin for like a year and half but y the fuck do kids/peers think its so damn cool like man ur a tagger i cant stand the fact of a non writer knowin i write. ??

the same shit happens to me. except its even worse for me. all those loser preps and white boys somehow find out i write and they swear they're cool enough for me to do their names. this got to a point where it was so many people askin me that i started chargin money. only the rich white boys and preps were able buy my shit, now, i dont get bothered that much, and i make enough money to buy a new pair of adidas every 2 months. god im smart, just today i got an offer to make shirts for some guys new clothing line. who knows, i might be the next Marc Ecko

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject, I try a few thing that people say are good, a few things I'm hesitant with, but I try most, but if I find something I like I don't let other peoples opinions sway me from my choice, I stick to what I like and don't just follow the trend.And again, I agree with everything every one has said about the kids bargin in and quitn when they get board. And about those fluro colors, what is with those they look so ugly and off beat, unless you can find other colors to match. As for my crew and I , when it comes to the kids/toys, we have fun letting them do there shit around were we roll. We keep them from knowing who we are and let them do stupid shit in stupid places, and with there hyperactiveness of going all over and telln everyone , we can do our thing and it keeps the heat away from us.

Originally posted by earo 35

the same shit happens to me. except its even worse for me. all those loser preps and white boys somehow find out i write and they swear they're cool enough for me to do their names. this got to a point where it was so many people askin me that i started chargin money. only the rich white boys and preps were able buy my shit, now, i dont get bothered that much, and i make enough money to buy a new pair of adidas every 2 months. god im smart, just today i got an offer to make shirts for some guys new clothing line. who knows, i might be the next Marc Ecko

whats the deal with maken money , oh well what ever floats your boat. I hate when people know, really its impossible to keep low when your in school cause the people sittn next to you see you doin stuff, and there is no way your gonna get me to stop cause I will not go all day with out drawing. I hate when people ask you to do their names, I was at work and this chick kept on bothering me, so I finally just did it to get her off my back, now she wants me to paint it in her room. But I have to say, the funniest thing is when you put up your name all over the city, then certain kids at school come up to you and ask you who the hell is so n so cause they are all over the place, then you just play it off like dude I don't know but they're fuckn awsome, then you can just get a laugh from it. Good stuff:lol:

On a side note: If you have all the best markers, paints, caps, inks, etc. It doesnt make you a better writer. You cant buy skill. You still have to put in work and do graffiti. That is the only thing that will make you better. Dedication, time, skill and a love for what you are doing.
best quote in a while

There still are many things to be found out by oneself, I discover all kinds of goodies on my own, graff related all the time. 12 oz just helps learning the basics, not to mention all the great flicks it provides. I can safley say its a good thing, its like schooling for the toys..I dont wanna sit around watching toys act stupid untill they get busted - I wanna see them progress into decent bombers or writers.. If everybody starting doing it - It wouldnt be such a bad thing anymore - the more competition we have, the better we get. Everyone needs a little help, graff is an underground culture, the internet, as of now is still pretty underground. I see it as good thing, dont hate, just because you had to learn the slower, old-fashioned way.. That way is cool too, dont get me wrong. Just except it - This site is doing a great service to those who need it. I just dont think people should be so willing the state what they write here, you cant really trust anyone these days. Im mean for all we really know - this site could operated by the vandal squad in an effort to make one giant sweep..

(I doubt that it is..Im just throwing that in there as an example)

im the one who posted about selling peoples names to them and i started thinking just now... graffiti isnt about makin money, its about expressing your feelings or opinions through illegal forms, it kind of makes you wonder what todays youth has turned it into, back in the day, you would see it on a wall and you would give respect to the artist, but now its on clothing, its been used as decorations in other words. its amazing how unaware todays youth is of graffiti's history. wow.. i should be a preacher.. any ways thats some food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by catwash

just youngsters trying to look bad amongst their bad friends, going out with a tin of flouro montana and making the area look like shit. What makes them go for the flourescent colours? Is it the same everywhere?

And 'graffin', don't even get me started... untuck your fucking tracksuit and wear your fucking cap properly!

I'm a 'youngster'(dont get me into it)But I dont try to look badass,I do graffiti because I like it,its fun,art,and many more reasons.And I HATE the word 'graffin' also.

i know some of them DO wana learn, and some of them DO try. but for fucks sake toys can really piss u off sometimes. u see, my mate knows a few youngsters, 15 year olds, and the other night they wanted to come for a hit while we bombed (cos they needed a ride).... i spent more time tryin to show them how to do this, that or the other, or what caps to use with what cans etc etc than actually bombing anything...

i mean, i'm no grandmaster, but i know my shit.

kids:confused:

some of them have never heard of the word "initiative"

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 455

hahahha................I hear they sell a "graffiti handbook" at B.Daltons............

k man thats a load of shit, im 14 i just recently started hell i mean i dont care how long it takes me2 get good i wouldnt use that kinda crap neday watz the point if u do? u just get good really quick and it removes half the fun

Originally posted by varo_who

k man thats a load of shit, im 14 i just recently started hell i mean i dont care how long it takes me2 get good i wouldnt use that kinda crap neday watz the point if u do? u just get good really quick and it removes half the fun

The funny thing about this is that you dont learn by reading a book.. Learning by doing!

earo35

hey stryder, what do yoo mean that cats arent fast???

haha. i was wondering when some one was gonna ask me that.

we have this cat next door to us, a ginger one, male, who is a fucken cunt. u cant pat it cos it attacks u and then runs away, sprays on a bush, and turns around an looks at u like it thinks its fast, like its the shit.

and they're not:mad:

lol

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by SIEGE 1 NJ

I was doing a quick simple styled piece on this pretty clear wall by an underpass, near a pretty sick NEWA piece. I went to go flick it and I noticed that his piece was somewhat scribbled over by local kids who just wanted to paint their names, insignias, and what not.

i hate that shit. in my area though its more gangs painting some stupid ass shit over a peice, or taking up wall that could be used for art. unfoutantly painting over the gang signs and shit is sometimes a risky call. when you piss them off it's not like pissing off another writer or crew who will beat your ass just enough to "teach you a lesson" they fucking go all out. i agree with the topic of this shit too. i am just picking up writing after dropping when i was sent to reform school years ago. its like im starting all over, i dont know any other writers around here(serious ones anyway) and dont really care if i meet em. i like to work alone, in peace (some of the only peace i ever get is at 3am under a freeway). i learn not soo much for mags and books but for the other shit i see around the city. and yeah, exactly, i try it out till i get it fucking right.(some yalls instructions blow anyway). a couple months ago i used like 10 cans of paint of a peice that a vetran would have used 2 and about 1/2 a can of 7 other colors. but thats what it fucking takes. learn from mistakes. if i fuck up, oh well, someone just paint over it and let me keep trying.

Letting Some Steam:

the other day i was in Home Depot (yes i buy my paint, fuck you, i wanna have a chance to use it) and i see these 16 year olds racking, i ask em what kinda shit they do and they're like "tags", i asked them if they did peices or had a black book and i recived a confused look. WTF, this shit is only art if your soul is behind it.

• 2 weeks later...

Werd peeps need to get their own ideas. Now days any toy who can afford a pilot thinks their a writer. FUCK THAT. If you made your ass that mop, then get up with it, mad peeps dont know bout that. Learn your own...Get your own steez!:king: :king: :king: :king:

Originally posted by 8onus

i hate that shit. in my area though its more gangs painting some stupid ass shit over a peice, or taking up wall that could be used for art. unfoutantly painting over the gang signs and shit is sometimes a risky call. when you piss them off it's not like pissing off another writer or crew who will beat your ass just enough to "teach you a lesson" they fucking go all out. i agree with the topic of this shit too. i am just picking up writing after dropping when i was sent to reform school years ago. its like im starting all over, i dont know any other writers around here(serious ones anyway) and dont really care if i meet em. i like to work alone, in peace (some of the only peace i ever get is at 3am under a freeway). i learn not soo much for mags and books but for the other shit i see around the city. and yeah, exactly, i try it out till i get it fucking right.(some yalls instructions blow anyway). a couple months ago i used like 10 cans of paint of a peice that a vetran would have used 2 and about 1/2 a can of 7 other colors. but thats what it fucking takes. learn from mistakes. if i fuck up, oh well, someone just paint over it and let me keep trying.

Letting Some Steam:

the other day i was in Home Depot (yes i buy my paint, fuck you, i wanna have a chance to use it) and i see these 16 year olds racking, i ask em what kinda shit they do and they're like "tags", i asked them if they did peices or had a black book and i recived a confused look. WTF, this shit is only art if your soul is behind it.

Werd. Mad toys rag dope shit with stock cap tags. And not even nice ones, just some 8th gade bullshit!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

What ever happened to finding shit out on your own? When I first started writing there was no internet, there were no magaiznes, there were no mailorder or walk in shops for graff shit. I mean, I had more fun trying new pens, inks, paints, etc. than actually doing the graff. now you have all these kids coming on here and asking questions, ordering pre packaged graffiti shit, reading mags(no disrespect to mags), and reading books(no diss either). I didnt find out about any books or videos until I had been writing for about 5 years. Its great that kids are getting into graff because of these things, dont get me wrong, but I mean cmon, find out about shit on yur own, please. It just makes you love and appreciate graffiti just that much more. Just dont ask dumb questions, if you are wondering how something works or how to make something, try it. Hey, who knows, in the process you might learn something new. It seems like that integral part of graffiti is going away.

On a side note: If you have all the best markers, paints, caps, inks, etc. It doesnt make you a better writer. You cant buy skill. You still have to put in work and do graffiti. That is the only thing that will make you better. Dedication, time, skill and a love for what you are doing.

When I started writing there were no magazines, books, WWW etc... either, but there were tons of heads that gladly dropped jewels of knowledge on us toys. We had school's full of other writers and writer's benches. 4-5 years later Style Wars and Subway Art emerged. That was "our" Internet and Magazines... Before that we had The Faith of Graffiti and various other low production books that we used as our Bibles and I started in the late 70's. We had Pearl Paint to learn art supplies from and un-caged paint racks.

True, when my IGT and Ghetto Art came out in the mid 80's we were amped... but we still looked back to Subway Art and Style Wars for inspiration. As I watched the trains fade from memory and the sense of community deteriorate before my eyes as the Writers Benches and Photo stations disappeared and became irrelevant Videograf and these other magazines became ever more important to us and future writers. They filled in the blanks for the up and coming writers and I for one am proud to be in the early issues of Videograf and many of those early magazines.

Bottom line... We were not superior, we just had a community that the youth today lack. And for my brothers who started this whole thing a decade or so before me... Face facts, there were no fences on the yards and Vandal Squad was not near as savvy as when I started or even a quarter as sophisticated as when I retired from doing clean trains. The learning curve was never more severe for them than for us. They could establish the trends and the methodology, we just had to adapt to the times.

Let's keep it real

Deathos149eroc

3BR GTF UMXS

www.XSNRG.net

It's true. I didn't start way back then or anything, but I can still see that the community of writers isn't what it used to be. The reason why people come on here and ask stupid questions is because writers these days seem to be more exclusive. What happened to all the writers in the school knowing everyone? Well, that's not what it's like here anyways.

... just today i got an offer to make shirts for some guys new clothing line. who knows, i might be the next Marc Ecko

fuck some tierd-ass mark ecko. his line was hotness back in '95 but season after season since then has been seariously busted up gear.

Originally posted by STRYDER

put it this way, places like 12oz and bombing science have become the new writers benches of old. kinda the same thing only now online.

but as everyone knows it doesn't stop there.:cry2: :nope:

I agree... But this format has a big disadvantage... Just as easily as we read this... So do the cops. Hell, they can post here just as easy too and mislead lesser in the know of us. They can easily create tension in our circles. This is as much of a tool for law enforcement as it is for young toys.

Letting Some Steam:

the other day i was in Home Depot (yes i buy my paint, fuck you, i wanna have a chance to use it) and i see these 16 year olds racking, i ask em what kinda shit they do and they're like "tags", i asked them if they did peices or had a black book and i recived a confused look. WTF, this shit is only art if your soul is behind it. [/b]

I am going to dispell a myth... Graffiti has not always been about art since the creation of the Masterpiece back in the day. I bombed the BMTs with dozens of writers that not only were incapable of piecing, had no respect for pieces but they had no ambition to ever piece. I bombed with a defunct crew named TCK from Coney Island... All they did was start beef then stab and shoot their way out of it (Most of them are dead now)... But they got up like motherfuckers. I litterally have known hundreds of writers that could not do more than a throwie or a tag. Shit, there is a guy out now in NYC named Map... He still can't do a throwup and I first ran into him in the late 80's. Writers have always been a diverse group.

Archived