sketch / finished piece comparisons

sarifs&clips

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not exactly the same but you get the idea.

Was a little over-ambitious, wanted real old school feel so I used mostly Aussie Export ($2 high pressure low quality Chinese imports bought from auto shops). Needed more space and bigger words for a better effect but it was fun none the less.

8991032909_1ce8d27d7c_c.jpg

Stacks On! by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

8994965194_27f8694fdd_c.jpg

Stacks on paint by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

Yeah, stock nozzles. The non-export colours were the light pink on the A, the black, the keyline on the FORTY and and the keyline on the Mao. Come to think of it I can't think of any light grey in Export the shade of that which is on the 3D of the FORTY either, that may have been another crappy budget can, I've got a bunch of that cheap shit that Bunning sells as well. And my lord, is that stuff fucking useless...

I can't not have the old school thing going on, to be honest. I'm old and that's the school only school I got!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for doubling up on this but I had to go back and fix that as it was annoying the crap out of me.

I gave the N a bit of a feed and allowed the S a little more dignity. Gave the background a bit more depth as well.

9196835883_e54bf587c8_b.jpg

Fashn Fat and Dignified by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

And doesn't like a little on the side.......?

9199623070_4147d58198_z.jpg

49 on the side by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

Other than the background being a bit too messy and the dark green coming out a different colour each time I used it, I think this came out ok. Still really focusing on being clean with the paint rather than trying to do anything too innovative or complex.

8733794554_bbd0d361d0_c.jpg

Sunday night scribbles by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

9404798983_9240666053_b.jpg

Looky Tunes with Chinese characteristics by Walid Jumblat's conviction, on Flickr

Thanks, mate. Yeah, I kinda wish I'd stayed a bit more faithful to the sketch on the M/A. The dark green also came out a different shade each time I fired it off, got a bit annoying toward the end. Not to worry, tho, I enjoyed getting it on the wall.

Mao's face is also Export oxide primer (love that colour) and Repco Ivory. The valves on the Repco cans can be real stuttery but in general I love painting with the old budget cans, I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

• 3 months later...

Archived