sketch / finished piece comparisons

sarifs&clips

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never seem to like a piece when im finished with it. i always tend to look at it too long and find flaws. but what can you do. paint another and hope its better.

next time when you try to do the drop shadow. paint the outline of your dimension on your letters. the do your drop shadow. and if your tryin to do a solid drop, get a color thats a slightly darker shade than your background. that way you dont get over spray on your dimension. and it will cut back on time spent cutting and cleaning up.

i never seem to like a piece when im finished with it. i always tend to look at it too long and find flaws. but what can you do. paint another and hope its better.

next time when you try to do the drop shadow. paint the outline of your dimension on your letters. the do your drop shadow. and if your tryin to do a solid drop, get a color thats a slightly darker shade than your background. that way you dont get over spray on your dimension. and it will cut back on time spent cutting and cleaning up.

Yeah, the drop shadow was an afterthought. I got rained out halfway through and came back with a new plan the next day so the process was a bit ad-hoc. Definitely good advice on using the background colour instead of grey, cheers.

I also noticed that I totally fucked up the 3D on the left/bottom of the H.

Alts, I reckon you should be happy with it too, the 3D is awesome. Any reason why you didn't put any dodads in with your fill?

That's pretty dope man. I'd like to see more interaction of the fill colors, some more details that pull the colors together.

3d's dope, very consistent, line weights could use a little cleaning but overall pretty good.

Props.

*edit 0 chedk out the L-T interaction in the middle, you reversed it on the wall. Changed the flow a bit.

the other night was painting that bluey/green piece and this guy who was wasted just came up and started assking me if Robbo was ok and how he knew Kate Moss and was talking to Banksy on the beach the other day, then all the chavs asking you to write their name.

Can be a bonus this pretty hot girl asked me if I was able to paint this bar in town so hopefully might get some cash and paint outta that.

nice stuff by the way everybody, tried painting a piece exchange, i knew i shouldn't have got the walmart cans, shit didnt even cover well, but shit fuck it, whats done is done, haven't been paintin as much so maybe thats why i didnt do so well! hahahahaha.

MoarPieceExchange1.jpg

MoarPieceExchange2.jpg

and some other shit i did to practice.

HyperPiece.jpg

6298249762_8746dc2b44_z.jpg

better flick of piece, quite happy with it but loads of improvement needed

i think your styles dope but theres something i really dont like about this piece. i think it could be that the outline is really thin and it looks sort of sketchy if you get what i mean? id like to see a piece of yours with a nice thick outline and no 3d, it would suit you letters better maybe

• 2 weeks later...

Archived