horsepower upgrades on imports?

Guest mopius

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got a quick question

what would be the easiest engine swap on a 89 accord LXi?

b16a? h22a? i want to possibly put a turbo engine on it, like an eclipse 220hp turbo engine.

anyone know if thats a really hard swap?

Stage II: Turbonetics Turbocharger Performance T3, Blow-Off Valve GReddy Type S.

That is some nice stuff in that kit if I do say so myself. The only thing that would be better in my opinion is a HKS super Sequential BOV, like I have. I heard the Type S the other day at Dyno day, and I thought it was cool, but it lacked something. But its all subjective anywho.

You can hear the HKS SS BOV in the beginning of this

Supra Video. Its the very opening supra... Its soo great. My car sounds exactly like that minus 2 cylinders... (go figure).

Originally posted by fr8oholic

tearz, i went with coilovers. they're ht and dampening adjustable. it was the first mod on the mkiv. add a rear sway bar and you've got some very good handling. look for group buys on vortex, that's how i cashed in. i got $600 bucks off a set that ran for $1500 normally.

hmmm.... i like the idea of coilovers, but i'm a little concerned with both drop and harshness of ride... what kind did you get koni, h&r? would you mind elaborating a little bit on how it affected your ride quality and handling? also what swaybar are you running in the rear, neuspeed? any clearance issues? how much drop does your setup give you, and any ground clearance problems?

the drop is an issue for me around here because i deal with some serious snow and tough roads here and there. something like 3"s may be too much, but i don't know for sure... i really want my car to handle like a motherfucker, but i don't want to feel like i'm driving a tractor. i'm considering getting that eibach strut and spring kit that people always talk about on the vortex... seems pretty good, especially if you add a 28mm rear sway. drop is an even 1.3" all around... aesthetically i could go for more, but practically, that might be the right choice.

sorry for all of the questions, but i'm damn interested. i think i need to email ya....

Guest SPLINTER

how much do you guys think a replacement for a 91 acura integra engine (dohc) runs for. i wanna get this POS moving, sold, and out of my view.

i had a supra roll by as i was coming out of a restaurant, and the guy was on the main road in the area, dude downshifted and punched it, and sure enough there was a loud ass psssshhhhhhhht.

my girl thought it was nos.......i laughed.

he disappeared quick too....

Originally posted by SPLINTER

how much do you guys think a replacement for a 91 acura integra engine (dohc) runs for. i wanna get this POS moving, sold, and out of my view.

It could fetch anywhere from $300-$700 depending on its condition, mileage, etc. B18B motors are good for turboing.

your local pick-a-part will have it for 275

or you could buy one down in longbeach for about 500

Originally posted by TEARZ

hmmm.... i like the idea of coilovers, but i'm a little concerned with both drop and harshness of ride... what kind did you get koni, h&r? would you mind elaborating a little bit on how it affected your ride quality and handling? also what swaybar are you running in the rear, neuspeed? any clearance issues? how much drop does your setup give you, and any ground clearance problems?

the drop is an issue for me around here because i deal with some serious snow and tough roads here and there. something like 3"s may be too much, but i don't know for sure... i really want my car to handle like a motherfucker, but i don't want to feel like i'm driving a tractor. i'm considering getting that eibach strut and spring kit that people always talk about on the vortex... seems pretty good, especially if you add a 28mm rear sway. drop is an even 1.3" all around... aesthetically i could go for more, but practically, that might be the right choice.

sorry for all of the questions, but i'm damn interested. i think i need to email ya....

i'm at 2" in the front and 2.5" in the back to level out the car. i'm thinking of raising it some because the ride's a little harsh. i've got a kw setup and the handling is fucking sick. i was pretty surprised with the harshness at first but i'm still playing with dampening and ride ht. the eibach prokit is the closest to stock feeling with the performance improving drop.

about $700, i got a civic dohc for sale $400 billz.

Guest SPLINTER

sounds like $700 is a good deal, this is a working one right?? some dude wants to charge me 600 to replace some valves, sevice the head and replace the tensioner and timing belt. fuck that, ill drop a working engine in and sell the car for more than its worth by swapping to a manual tranny.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

i was riding in my mans mkiv earlier and he got dipped on by a wrx. i thought it was kind of funny but my friend wasn't amused. heh, guy had an exhaust from what i could tell but he just walked my boys 1.8t.

wah, wah, wahhhhhh...

those wrx's arent fuckin around....

theyre pretty quick from what ive seen.

sounds like $700 is a good deal, this is a working one right?? some dude wants to charge me 600 to replace some valves, sevice the head and replace the tensioner and timing belt. fuck that, ill drop a working engine in and sell the car for more than its worth by swapping to a manual tranny.

if you in san diego you can buy that shit tonite for 300 billz.

Originally posted by unibomber!

engine swap for an intergra jdm b 18 c5 or how bout an h22a ?

there is no such thing as a jdm B18C5. JDM motors don't have numbers after the last letter. So they only have Type R B18C's.

Originally posted by unibomber!

i was riding in my mans mkiv earlier and he got dipped on by a wrx. i thought it was kind of funny but my friend wasn't amused. heh, guy had an exhaust from what i could tell but he just walked my boys 1.8t.

wah, wah, wahhhhhh...

Yeah, the only thing they got going for them really is that damn AWD. I raced one on the freeway about a month ago with at least an exhaust, and I dipped on him almost as fast as I dipped on the prelude that was tryin to keep up. After you got traction, the AWD doesn't help you that much if you got the power and weight ratio on your side. Wish that some of you VW kids could come over to my neck of the woods. I've never seen a fast one. Not saying that they aren't fast, it's just that I've only seen them on race vids from the net, and hearing you kids talk about them all the time. But i'm sure the same goes for hearing about a fast nissan from me. I don't care what label it has on it, just as long as it goes fast! No discrimination from me..

Originally posted by Glik0

i got a quick question

what would be the easiest engine swap on a 89 accord LXi?

b16a? h22a? i want to possibly put a turbo engine on it, like an eclipse 220hp turbo engine.

anyone know if thats a really hard swap?

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

AWD cars don't have much of a top end..

off the line they are quick but they tend to be flying bricks soon after..

hey have you seen a flying brick? i wana see what one looks like.

Archived