SLEPT ON WRITERS??

jedifive nyc

Guest HOST18 DYM
Originally posted by jedifive nyc

ok heres my list in no particular order....

trap,boner,nbone,sober,scope,dexa,,bliz,fritz,spesh,dro,map,nuke,

casio,elve,niro,zev,dart,zeone,acid,od,gouch!,ie,tez,date,ame,2rage,fubs,bran,zer,sil,kerb,sns,ynot,czar,bilz,kider,rnone

......ok there are hundreds more and i could go on for hours and hours BUT the dining hall is about to open and i must bounce.

I don't think dexa, nuke, scope, map, acid and Ze are slept on. I think they get the credit they are due, if anything they get more. also Rn and 2rage have always gotten recognition when they were doing shit and even now. I'm not sure who nbone, zer, bilz and ynot are? Ie tez and ms are super slept on! peace to bran! Noxer is super slept on and so is Spot. also lets not forget OE3 and the almighty Easy and Joz team!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The BLACK Y

2 wrongs dont make a right ,,than you should suggest that the whole forum idea be put to an end,im not trying to beef with you SMART. I do see your point of view but after all you moderate a graff forum ,

thus we will talk about graff .

i know people have discussed this in other threads , but if "name dropping" seems to bother the staff of 12 oz,maybe some new ,clearer forum rules should be made up and inforced.

no, I understand, what I'm actually trying to do is enforce the same rules we've always had. Here, let's look at an example...

Originally posted by jedifive nyc

host what are you kidding me!!!?!?! nbone, zer, ynot? these guys are up. im suprised host. aight YNOT only tagged but nbone has gems all over bklyn, and zer , thats ZER 5x7 !!! take the 1/9 threw the city, high tags under every light!

OK, obviously, this dude isn't nbone, zer, ynot or high, right? So, this kid is here talking about people he doesn't know (or else he would just talk to them about it) AND he's drawing a freaking roadmap of their damage. The way I see it, if you don't know them, or aren't them, then you shouldn't drop names and locations/areas AT ALL. For all you know this kid is killing shit in his grandma's neighborhood, and you're just heating that shit up for him. Obviously, writing your name on public property assumes some risk, but coming on the internet and telling everyone, including the VS (and believe me, they read this), where someone is active is just FULLY uncool. I mean, each burough is a large enough place to hide, but roadmapping out someone's bread and butter is just uncalled for. Perhaps you're (not YOU but...) jealous and you want to blow the kids spot just so he chills and you can get easier fame. We don't go for that. Perhaps you want this kid to get all the attention you think he deserves, do you call the cops and say "Yo! Son is making you look stupid!"...

Look, the rules have always been quite simple, if it's not your name or a good friend's, it really has no business coming out of your mouth (or fingers). If it IS your name, have ahalf a brain and don't tell everyone where you're working. If you feel the need to drop a name that isn't yours, DON'T drop locations. The people that know will know and the ones that don't aren't worth the time. If you see someone else's name mentioned then agre or disagree all you want, but DON'T broadcast their locations. If you like someone, who knows, maybe in a year you'll have met them and be down, but wouldn't you feel like an asshole if you found out later than you blew your buddy's favorite spot by jocking on the net?

If you see someone else mention a name, DON'T reply by saying "YO! He hit so and so last week and that shit rocks!" Again, those who know will be able to tell and those who don't...

Now, Host, "I dont think mentioning some writers names is getting attention from vs more then the photos that people post here and every other site on the WWW.".. not to be rude man, but if we thought your input was what we needed to reassure us then we would have asked you long ago. As it is, We disagree. We also don't care about ANY other site on the WWW. THIS is our site, we WILL NOT be responsible for any writers downfall if we can help it. Maybe you never heard of GKae in NYC, but that didn't take any time off his sentence. So, to recap: Our site = Our rules. This is Mr. Raven's house and if you act out at the party, you may be asked to leave. These things I say aren't for my own good. I say them for YOUR own good, and I say them because the man who pays the bills has asked me to. Seriously, you live in the city with the worlds best commuter system, you can get anywhere in the city to meet these other kids, then you can name drop and spot jock all you lpease, but while you're here you gotta respect the house rules.

Review:

1. Don't mention writers that aren't you or your best friend

2. If you do, DON't talk about their spots

3. If someone mentions a writer, don't mention spots

4. if someone mentions a spot, don't mention writers

This really isn't that much of an enigma. AGAIN, I say, start an AIM chat room, meet each other in the city, WHATEVER. Just STOP acting like you're in some magical zone because you're on our board. We know that big brother is watching, you know that big brother is watching, and we really don't care if you understand the consequences that someone else may be forced to pay by way of your ignorance.

im glad someone mentioned NAC that kid hs been doing his thing. he is up all over broioklyn and recently hes been coming through the bronx SERP is slept on most def and doesnt get the love he deserves i think that guy krum is getting busy also the problem is really that no one is really doing any impressive bombing and not too many heads are down for the cause shit is depressing

yo SMART these guys we are talking about dont even write anymore. most of the all retired before 1998. the "slept on" writers we are referring to aren't doing current damage that is going unnoticed, they have all done CLASSIC obscure stuff which has found a place into our hearts for one reason or another. with the excpetion of about 3 guys listed my tenz, host, h8lyfe, and myself all of these writers dont even write anymore.

Smart, even though the majority of the people mentioned in here are currently not active i can undersatand and will try to respect your rules.

i know you moderate this forum but I was also wondering if the other forums like metal heads have any rules on p0sting pics,,,,

Guest HOST18 DYM

Smart, I understand your mentality and I can some what respect it, HOWEVER, it's silly. When you say "if we thought your input was what we needed to reassure us then we would have asked you long ago", Who is "We"? This is a graffiti forum. "The trenches-DISCUSSION". In case you have forgotten what a forum is I suggest you check out this site: www.dictionary.com. If the vandal squad is going to arrest someone for something that was written on a forum by someone who is'nt that person (that can't hold up anyway) they are arresting them for the graffiti they have done. When you go out bombing your name is in the public eye, including the eyes of police. It will be talked about. VS is'nt going to arrest someone cause their name was mentioned by some kid on a web site. They are going to arrest someone cause they are doing more damage then they care for. Thats a childish idea. I have posted up many pics of peoples graffiti on this site, shouldn't you think thats worse? I don't understand the point of this site if you can not post pictures and discuse graffiti. Magazines such as 12oz. nationally publish photos of graffiti, even stuff that wasn't supplied by the writers themselves. Now is it only OK to do this when its making you money? I mean if you couldnt mention writers and post pics of work other then your own I wouldn't even view this site and I dont think 85% of the people who do would. If that was the case I'm not sure this site would be making money either, and that's not a good thing right? People will talk and when you write on shit in public areas people will see it. doesnt matter who says what, its still there, in the public. When you try to shut peoples mouths because of whatever reason you have your doing what most people would like to do to graffiti writers in the first place.

Peace..

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
when dexa, nuke, ame, 2rage and sil make it onto everyones slept on list, are they no longer slept on? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... ponder that.

katsue

porkchop

host

dink (only cause jedi forgot)

noxer

n40

sn

netr (just for how much his style gets jocked on the low)

ojae

nice

sate(ske)

gsah

joe9

shaz

perv(ryb)

cide

drone(people are too busy with dex)

eatfuk

trik(tunnels)

hefs(rhats)