Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/06/2018 in all sections

1. September pickups : AM1 Anniversary Edition (original AM1 colorway from 30 years ago) AM1 Centre Pompidou Pack (colorways inspired by day / night look of the Pompidou centre in France - building that gave tinker Hatfield inspiration to expose the air bubble cushion in the sole) Nike x CDG Nighttrack (will swap the glitter laces for the jet black alternates they came with - gonna rock these during wedding season/fancy dinners) Yeezy Boost 350 creams (ridiculously comfy , possibly the comfiest shoe I’ve copped in years but these feel like something someone from Tron would wear , don’t think I can pull them off but I’m glad I got the pair for my collection) Last but not least , shoe of the year for me , Nike SB x Humidity Skateshop Dunk Hi “Trumpets” (will wear em without the bow tie / possibly with the black alternate laces) Next pair will 100% be another Trumpet dunk so I can have a pair on ice ? . not rocking the ones I got til I get that second pair in , just so I can stock the nicer of the two After that I plan on venturing into Jordan 1 territory with either the J1 Shadow , Black Yin Yang or Triple Blacks . Will report back with news from that expedition
    2 points
  2. Ya, turn this back over to your landlord/property owner. Reach out to fellow tenants and have them do the same. Hound the owner at all hours until they work it out. It may be your battle, but it is not your war.
    2 points
  3. When I was just getting started, I made the mistake (that was helpful though) of asking another writer who was more experienced what he thought of my letters. He said, "You don't have any letters." That has stuck with me. It's important. So many times I have thought I was the man or whatever. I now think I am intermediate at best. Sometimes, I am not happy, but at least I have letters. I don't try to brag about myself any more. Just do my thing and be respectful. Along the way, I have seen a ton of kids come and go. I say all of that to say this: Dy$$kysE: you have a lot to learn. It's not hate to say that. I actually don't like to give my opinion when it's not asked, but you are criticizing Tesk and that is my homeboy so I feel compelled. Your letters and work is pretty toy. You probably feel bad me saying that. I certainly did when others said it to me. But I needed to hear it. Because at that point, I could have gotten mad. I could have walked away from this forum like so many others before me and never gotten any better. I have seen kids get furious and banned after this stuff. Please stick around. Build. If you take this stuff to heart, you will improve. If you don't take it to heart, you will not. Again, there is no hate in my telling you this. Also, I don't think my letters are great. Sometimes, there is good stuff. Most of the time, there are lots of good elements but the actual skeleton of the piece... the letters, are not great. Not bad. Intermediate and approaching toy. I see major faults in my own work all the time, but I think lots of people are afraid to criticize me because maybe my color is good or something else. I appreciate compliments but it's okay to comment on the flaws too. I certainly see them (I hope). Thing is, that's a big part of this craft. SEEING. Seeing it in your own work and the work of others. Tesk's piece up there has amazing letters. He put things where they are because they serve a purpose. Each element works toward the overall flow. But the letters on their own are dope too. They just work together nicely. It's a difficult thing to get and sometimes feels impossibly elusive. So it's not odd that you might see it differently. It's gotta be difficult, right after several people on here, including myself, told you to go to the toy section. It seems like maybe that might be behind you criticizing Tesk. Maybe I am reading into it. If I am wrong, I'm sorry. Also, we all have opinions and that's cool. Sometimes there are pieces in here and elsewhere that I just don't much care for the flow of, but I have to step outside myself and recognize that, even though it isn't my taste, it is still good (but in this case, it is my taste AND it's good, in my opinion). Full disclosure: I get weird the day after I have had my weekly Avonex shot (which is today) For all the talk, here's an IG pic of the piece I made tonight. I don't like the S and hate the fill but there are elements I love, especially the R and the A.
    1 point
  4. 1. Bloody Meat 2. Speakers 3. Something Blue 4. Desktop 5. Dog BONUS
    1 point
  5. Pacewon & Mr. Green - Children Sing This beat is fuckin' fuego.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00